Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 04:49 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times

Advertisements

People are so sensitive, it was a pretty funny statement. I guess we need the official cardboard cut-out puppet (p)resident only saying what the Federal Reserve Banks allow him/her to say. But that stage act has been running for more than a century now and is really old and boring by now to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 04:51 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'd be interested to see the defense of this too, after all the lectures from those leaning right regarding how awful left wing rhetoric is.

This is pretty low, even for Trump.
Really? Are you going to try to tell me you've never listened to Chuck Schumer or Harry Reied before him?

How about Obama referring to conservatives as "tea baggers?"

Old 06-29-2017, 04:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Well, this is not 1960. You have to weigh Trumps actions in light of the new world order of 2017. I see nothing wrong with Trump's tweets. This new world order says 2 hairy homosexuals can be husband and wife. This world says you are bigot if you think a mentally ill man with a penis is not woman. You are also a bigot if you don't accept illegal aliens with open arms as citizens.

In such a world Trump is right on target for how our Prez should be.

Do you disagree?

The dems have to learn they can't do all the screwing and it not have trickle down consequences.
Ah, from the Rust Belt....

Old 06-29-2017, 04:53 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I would just like to point out that those of you who 're calling Trump all sorts of names are doing the same thing you're saying how bad his tweet was this morning.

You 're expressing your distaste in his words, then throw the same type of distasteful words out there.

What does that say

For me it says, do as I say and not what I do.
And a little of self righteous thrown in there.
And hard to take you seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Uh huh. I suppose you extend that to trump as well?
Just what are you talking about??

Old 06-29-2017, 04:53 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump is more likely to attack women. That is his MO.
Exactly....He doesn't have the guts to attack men's looks.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:54 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The typical left double standard.

Where was huff post when that woman from MSNBC made insulting remarks against Trump.

Was she "sexist" to attack a man?

This is 1 reason why "feminists" and many on the left have lost a lot of credibility.

To them it is OK for a woman to insult a many but, heaven forbid a man insult a woman without being called a sexist.

Sorry, you wanted equal rights. Now that you have them you want women to be treated different.

Hypocrites to the hilt.

I repeat, "If you can't take it DON'T dish it out"!
You don't hold the president of the US to a higher standard than, well, pretty much anyone else? Guess you wouldn't bat an eye if you saw him cat calling some chick, flipping off someone... or any of the things that you might see on any street corner but not in the white house?

Old 06-29-2017, 04:55 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
How is being Fat similar to getting elective surgery?

If a woman came into my office and was overweight, I would never mention this.

If she came into my office with a bandage on her neck or cheek (or whatever) I may or may not ask about it. (But if I did ask) & she told me that she had elective surgery, I'd wish her well & tell her that I hope it heals quickly.

Still don't get the outrage. It's not like she's a child who had burns or scars. She's a grown woman (who's going after people in the political arena) who got cosmetic surgery. It's as if Spicer showed up to a press conference with Lifts in his shoes to appear 2 inches taller. I couldn't care less either way....but wearing lifts would be something that he elected to do.

Trump mentioning Mika's cosmetic surgery is as newsworthy as Obama pardoning a Turkey....or the Playboy reporter looking like a disheveled used car salesman. Who cares?
Does the picture of her look like she just had plastic surgery?

He has a thing with women and blood.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:56 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
I thought he would turn away from this nonsense after he was elected, he just can't help himself. He is really an embarassment, doens't he have better things to do than these childish responses and personal insults.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:57 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I would just like to point out that those of you who 're calling Trump all sorts of names are doing the same thing you're saying how bad his tweet was this morning.

You 're expressing your distaste in his words, then throw the same type of distasteful words out there.

What does that say

For me it says, do as I say and not what I do.
And a little of self righteous thrown in there.
And hard to take you seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Disagree, not the same:

None of us posters is President of the United States and Leader of the Free World. I would hope a person in Trump's present position would be held to a higher standard. And, as much as I like the City-Data, I don't think we have 32 million followers of our comments.

Okay.
I can see that point of view, stay warm.
But in the overall picture, to say someone shouldn't say such things then go and say such things about that person.
Really doesn't help the situation and just doesn't look good.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:58 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Oh Trump sets the tone of his followers no mistake there.
That is the scary part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies