Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 07:33 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That is exactly right.

Its not what they say they stand for, but what they actually believe in and how they think.

Take this nut case that has been talked about as a potential presidential candidate.

Booker: Planned Parenthood Supporters Heroes | The Daily Caller
You might want to use a source other than The Daily Caller if you want to preach to someone other than the right wing choir, just saying.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 07:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
That is exactly right.

Its not what they say they stand for, but what they actually believe in and how they think.

Take this nut case that has been talked about as a potential presidential candidate.

Booker: Planned Parenthood Supporters Heroes | The Daily Caller
That's hyperbole......I'm not sure we can really expect politicians to get past that. I am pro-life, I disagree with Booker on this subject BUT this doesn't bother me.

This bothers me.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/30/...uch-criticism/

Old 07-01-2017, 07:48 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You might want to use a source other than The Daily Caller if you want to preach to someone other than the right wing choir, just saying.....
It has a video at the left bottom of Cory Booker. In his own voice. The source is Cory Booker in his own words.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:50 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Another huge difference is in the amount of criminal behavior by Republican administrations versus Democrats.

Obama - 8yrs in office. 0 criminal indictments. 0 convictions. 0 prison sentences.

Bush, George W. - 8yrs in office. 16 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 9 prison sentences.

Clinton - 8yrs in office. 2 criminal indictments. 1 conviction. 1 prison sentence.

Bush, George H. W. - 4yrs in office. 1 indictment. 1 conviction. 1 prison sentence.

Reagan - 8yrs in office. 26 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 8 prison sentences.

Carter - 4yrs in office. 1 indictment. 0 convictions and 0 prison sentences.

Ford - 2 1/2 yrs in office. 1 indictment. 1 conviction. 1 prison sentence.

Nixon - 6yrs in office. 76 criminal indictments. 55 convictions. 15 prison sentences.

Johnson - 5yrs in office. 0 indictments. 0 convictions. 0 prison sentences.

Democrats had a total of 3 executive branch officials indicted with 1 conviction and 1 prison sentence.

Republicans have had a total of 120 criminal indictments of executive branch officials. 89 criminal convictions. 34 prison sentences.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/...ump-Appointees

Republicans have been the most criminally corrupt party to hold the office of the presidency by a long shot. The current administration shows every sign of adding to those numbers.

89 criminal convictions of Republicans versus 1 for the Democrats.

It's astounding.

And appalling.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:50 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Short answer? Nothing. They stand for nothing.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's hyperbole......I'm not sure we can really expect politicians to get past that. I am pro-life, I disagree with Booker on this subject BUT this doesn't bother me.

This bothers me.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/30/...uch-criticism/
His vote was made and it was unpopular. Over 70% of the people were for it. He changed his actions after the vote not by his own reasoning but by pressure from voters. He was concerned for his electability not the people. So .....yeah, I can see how that would bother you.

Democratic Sen. Cory Booker announced that he will be pausing fundraising from pharmaceutical companies, a move that comes after months of activist criticism for his vote against allowing drug reimportation to the United States.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Actually, Andrew Klavan explains it better.

https://youtu.be/lWHgUE9AD4s
Bam! Nailed it!

Old 07-01-2017, 08:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
His vote was made and it was unpopular. Over 70% of the people were for it. He changed his actions after the vote not by his own reasoning but by pressure from voters. He was concerned for his electability not the people. So .....yeah, I can see how that would bother you.

Democratic Sen. Cory Booker announced that he will be pausing fundraising from pharmaceutical companies, a move that comes after months of activist criticism for his vote against allowing drug reimportation to the United States.
He helped kill that. Screw Cory Booker. People will wonder why I do not support him when it's Booker vs Trump. He simply does not understand why this was wrong all along and on top of that, it's unlikely he actually stops taking their money.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Bam! Nailed it!
I never seen that before !!! Funny as hell and yeah, nailed it !!!!thanks I'm still laughting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies