Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 12:33 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Where are all the cop supporters? You mean to tell me that they don't find this disgusting? I guess not.

But hey its easier to hide out in the background and read rather than post what a disturbed individual this cop is.
The spineless cowards don't show up until...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Can you imagine the screeching that would be going on if this was a black person that said this? There'd be plastered all over the topic
...it's directed towards a group they hate.

There would be a thread with 40+ posts if that was the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 12:47 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Makes me wonder if another sheriffs department will hire him after he made that disturbing statement? As they say, birds of a feather flock together.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:54 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Makes me wonder if another sheriffs department will hire him after he made that disturbing statement? As they say, birds of a feather flock together.
Hopefully not. I think the only ones that pick up cops like this guy are the departments with strained budgets, low salaries who are desperate for officers.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:07 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Many states have very lax training and hiring standards. This is why we need national standards that encourage college degrees, mature candidates, and emphasis that use of deadly force is an absolute last resort. Also, the hiring of veterans needs to be reduced. Policing is not the Marines. We are not looking for an occupying army, we're looking for impartial defenders of the penal code. We need people who can think and use discretion rather than blindly follow orders like robots.

You get what you pay for............

Old 07-05-2017, 01:13 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
He said "to set your head right"....to me it sounded like it made him think....apparently not his intent based upon the statements here?

Or is there a normally different connotation to that?

Old 07-05-2017, 01:14 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
I am surprised that retired cop and all the outrageous pro cop supporters aren't on this thread defending the no good pos.

"The sound of silence ...."

Old 07-05-2017, 01:18 PM

From the article:

“When somebody makes that kind of a statement after going to a call and you see the quote is, ‘Nothing like almost shooting someone to set your head right lol.' You know, there’s a couple things in there that are very troubling, but not the least of which is the ‘lol’ or laughing out loud at the end,” he told reporters on Thursday. “That, to me, is telling. That’s an indicator."

“When you say something to the effect of, almost shooting somebody to make your head right, i.e. make you feel good, and then you’re laughing out loud about it, that’s a problem,” he said. “You don’t need to be a deputy sheriff, you don’t need to be a law enforcement officer; you don’t need to be out there protecting people when you’re making comments about shooting somebody to make you feel better.”

When his superiors questioned the post, Callus never tried to explain it, the sheriff said.

"He never offered any explanation to alleviate or mitigate the concerns that I have," Gaultieri said.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:38 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
I am surprised that retired cop and all the outrageous pro cop supporters aren't on this thread defending the no good pos.

"The sound of silence ...."
Of course not. Because they're all probably thinking the same thing. Mark my words, if a black guy or a very Arab or Hispanic looking man said this about a white guy, holy **** there'd be a field day in here with 100 replies already, probably 200. I think out of all the white right wing regulars on here, 2 probably don't condone this. That's sad. They need to speak up

Old 07-06-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Of course not. Because they're all probably thinking the same thing. Mark my words, if a black guy or a very Arab or Hispanic looking man said this about a white guy, holy **** there'd be a field day in here with 100 replies already, probably 200. I think out of all the white right wing regulars on here, 2 probably don't condone this. That's sad. They need to speak up
And its pathetic how they call others disturbed or should be shamed, yet they have not a word to say here. So who are really the disturbed ones? I say the ones who have their noses stuck so far up law enforcement's butts that when they do something wrong they turn a blind eye.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:57 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Many states have very lax training and hiring standards. This is why we need national standards that encourage college degrees, mature candidates, and emphasis that use of deadly force is an absolute last resort. Also, the hiring of veterans needs to be reduced. Policing is not the Marines. We are not looking for an occupying army, we're looking for impartial defenders of the penal code. We need people who can think and use discretion rather than blindly follow orders like robots.
The DoJ under the Obama admin FORCED many departments to lower their standards on acceptance tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies