Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 02:52 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Why not skip the faux patriotism and just go straight to the racism denial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 02:58 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Give it a break. You sound like a racist. That's getting really old. Not to mention, false.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:11 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Give it a break. You sound like a racist. That's getting really old. Not to mention, false.
Well, the entire opening post was, in fact, nothing more than the denial of racism wrapped up in a thin veneer of phony patriotism.

Did you even read the title of the thread?

Old 07-04-2017, 03:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Why not skip the effete aspersions and go straight to the racist labeling?

Old 07-04-2017, 03:48 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
if you're not privileged that start paying back some reparations to blacks and show us how easy it is to just "work hard" and build wealth honestly. Don't just make these platitude declarations about privilege, show us how it's done. I'd love to see whites pay reparations, start at zero, and attempt to just "work hard" out of poverty. What a joke thread. lol

Old 07-04-2017, 04:03 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
if you're not privileged that start paying back some reparations to blacks and show us how easy it is to just "work hard" and build wealth honestly. Don't just make these platitude declarations about privilege, show us how it's done. I'd love to see whites pay reparations, start at zero, and attempt to just "work hard" out of poverty. What a joke thread. lol
If you are black and you truly feel that you deserve reparations then I will pay you $50k. Just you. There is one caveat though. You only get it if the American experience has been an utter and total dead loss for you. If you truly feel that having slavery in your American ancestry is responsible for ruining your life and that this country has provided you with no opportunities and being American has been nothing but pain then you get the $$ but you also gtfo. If you hate being American and it's been of no value then you don't need to be here anymore. $50k seems a reasonable price to see your dust. It'll be win/win for both of us.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:08 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Why do you think that we are privileged just because we are Americans?
America is the most prosperous country on the planet. Even America's poor are among the richest in the world. Americans enjoy the highest level of freedoms of any country. Most people who enjoy complaining about America are spoiled and truly don't understand what it's like to not have the privileges that they enjoy daily.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:14 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
If you are black and you truly feel that you deserve reparations then I will pay you $50k. Just you. There is one caveat though. You only get it if the American experience has been an utter and total dead loss for you. If you truly feel that having slavery in your American ancestry is responsible for ruining your life and that this country has provided you with no opportunities and being American has been nothing but pain then you get the $$ but you also gtfo. If you hate being American and it's been of no value then you don't need to be here anymore. $50k seems a reasonable price to see your dust. It'll be win/win for both of us.
You'd be surprised at how many blacks want to leave this country. Reparations have been talked about at length on here, but yeah, if reparations were paid, you definitely wouldn't be making demands about what i did with my money. That little attitude where you feel like you can just tell blacks what to do would be squashed real fast once that power in the form of wealth was properly transferred (all hypothetical). But yeah, i see you think you would still have some form of power base behind you...lmao. Reparations would involve alot of wealth being transferred and what comes with that is alot of blacks would attain alot more power. So no more philando castilles. No more "oops we put the black kid in prison for 20 years because...well look at him". Lol it's funny that you even tried to have these little demands.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:17 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
As a White Female, Senior one at that, YES you are privileged even in 2017.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:32 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
When did you start thinking we didn't start at zero? I worked two part-time jobs even in high school and studied enough that I still graduated in the top five percent of my class of a thousand graduating seniors. I was completely self-supporting at age 18. I got a $5,000 Pell grant--you don't have to be white to get a Pell grant--then continued working two jobs after getting an associate degree and went to school at night to finish a four year degree. I worked two jobs until the age of 52, when I went down to one job. I went three years one stretch without one single day off. How is just handing blacks or anyone else money going to show anything about working hard? I'll tell you one thing: it's a lot easier to climb out of poverty when you aren't toting a huge chip on your shoulder everywhere you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies