Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 02:04 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
They are already paid equally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 01:34 PM

30,635 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Equal pay for unequal work/expectation/fame/etc. is not equality. Its sexist.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:34 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Some women were paid more than me where I used to work..Why should I have taken a pay cut to show solidarity ?

Old 05-13-2018, 05:49 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Women are paid equally. It's a debunked myth that women earn less when comparing apples to apples.

If businesses could get an instant 25% cut in payroll expenses just for hiring women instead of men don't you think they'd do it?

Old 05-13-2018, 07:47 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Let's not make it a woman vs. man thing. If two people doing the same job are getting paid differently -- should a company reduce the pay of one to make the pay equal -- or should the company raise their costs to pay them both the same.

Depends on the financial situation of the company right?
Yeah, the problem is that what a person is "worth" to a company is really hard to quantify in most cases. In my opinion, if women were underpaid, all companies that hired all or mostly women would have a competitive advantage. The fact that most competitive start up companies are mostly men lead me to believe that is not the case.

I appreciate and enjoy having women in the workplace but not if they're on a gender bender mission. Where I currently work, the outstanding workers are almost exclusively male....don't know why that is the case but that's what I'm seeing.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:14 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
They just said on GMA that boys commit suicide at a rate FOUR TIMES higher than girls.

Add into that:

More (American) women have healthcare than men, and

Women have higher life-expectancy than men.

It's got me thinking, where is this alleged "war on women"? They have higher life-expectancy and are more likely to have health coverage and not commit suicide, and have addiction issues at far lower rates than men.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Maybe she needs a better agent.
Think you nailed this one.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:08 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Let's not make it a woman vs. man thing. If two people doing the same job are getting paid differently -- should a company reduce the pay of one to make the pay equal -- or should the company raise their costs to pay them both the same.

Depends on the financial situation of the company right?
Why are people paid differently for doing the same job, presumably by the same employer?

Do both perform the same function at at the same level?
Do both have the same time in the same job?

Most professional positions have an established compensation range for a job function. Those paid more within the range, tend to be better performers and/ or have more time in the job. When an employer chooses to increase it’s minimum compensation, the entire range is increased.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Why are people paid differently for doing the same job, presumably by the same employer?

Do both perform the same function at at the same level?
Do both have the same time in the same job?

Most professional positions have an established compensation range for a job function. Those paid more within the range, tend to be better performers and/ or have more time in the job. When an employer chooses to increase it’s minimum compensation, the entire range is increased.
Wah wah wah.

What about the disparity in health care and life expectancy... both of which women have more of in the West?

What about that inequality???

Nope...the Fake News doesn't want to talk about that - how women in America have it EASIER. They'd rather push their false propaganda narrative that "women are unequal".

Old 05-02-2019, 10:48 AM

If there is a "war" on anyone, it's clearly on men.

They have higher addiction rates
Higher suicide rates
Lower life-expectancy
Less health coverage.

Yep, I'd say there is a "war on" a segment of society, but it isn't women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies