Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 09:10 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

While I am sure a lot of the strong Trump supporters on here are basically good people, I think we have all seen that they definitely have a different mindset and understanding of how the world works. Most of us look at Donald Trump and realize he is not that bright, rude, opinionated, vindictive, bigoted, insecure, and self centered. But his cult see all of those flaws as him "Saying what he thinks" and the opposite of what most people see as normal.

Not only has Donald Trump been a negative influence here at home, he has alienated every other country and turned them against us, and we have lost so much respect in the international community in the last 6-8 months that we may never be the strongest nation in the world ever again.

If I were a Prepper, or religious person, I might view what we are seeing as the end of times. Whatever it is, it is certainly not good.
How has Trump been a "Negative influence" here at home? Because celebrities stand up and threaten to "Blow up the White House"? Assault the President simply because they dont like him? Posting pictures of showing the President as bloody beheaded as a "joke"? How the hell is that his fault?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 09:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
From the link:
ABC’s political editor Chris Uhlmann didn’t pull any punches when he delivered his wrap-up of Trump’s appearance at the conference, calling him an “uneasy, lonely, awkward figure” who was left “isolated and friendless” with “no desire and no capacity to lead the world”.

Many of the world leaders who attended the G20 have invested heavily and wholly in progressive policies, climate change, open borders, and unrestricted refugee intake. They have invested their careers, their places in history, and their credibility. To open their arms to Trump compromises all of that because he represents none of those "values". He is the antithesis of everything they stand for and believe in. And he threatens the world order that so many leaders have worked to establish.

1. They are supposed to be world leaders. World leaders work to find common ground that is in the best interests of their nations and their peoples. They don't need to be friends. They need to find ways to work together for the common good. Trump has appealed to that end in his speeches domestically and on the world stage. If you haven't heard that, then you haven't been listening. If these world leaders don't embrace that end, it is on them. Not on Trump

2. I don't care whether world leaders like him, respect him or support him. I just care that they don't sabotage him. I care if they are big enough people (or not) to find common ground and work towards common goals.

3. Trump stands alone in the world in many regards. He is swimming against the tide on the world stage. Holding firm on positions he described during the campaign and that were embraced by those who voted for him, and holding firm on the promises he made. I have more respect for him every day.

4. Finally........I don't understand why liberals in this country point to other world leaders as justification for their blind, red-hot hatred of Trump. I don't understand why they have not figured out yet that WE DON'T CARE that other world leaders don't like Trump. This is the big leagues. Not grade school. I don't care if the popular kids all sit together at one table and the outcast sits alone at the other table eating the peanut butter sandwich that his mother packed for him. And somehow, I don't think that Trump cares either.
He changes him mind from one minute to the other. You haven't been paying attention.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:19 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
How has Trump been a "Negative influence" here at home? Because celebrities stand up and threaten to "Blow up the White House"? Assault the President simply because they dont like him? Posting pictures of showing the President as bloody beheaded as a "joke"? How the hell is that his fault?
For one he lies about little and big things. I am sure that you never noticed that tho.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:37 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
His rhetoric, especially during the campaign is too extreme. Words do have consequences, believe it or not. You probably like how brash and upfront he is, but it does nothing to bring people together and solve our nations problems.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
For one he lies about little and big things. I am sure that you never noticed that tho.
He does. What is the alternative?

Old 07-09-2017, 11:27 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
His rhetoric, especially during the campaign is too extreme. Words do have consequences, believe it or not. You probably like how brash and upfront he is, but it does nothing to bring people together and solve our nations problems.
Rhetoric huh? Wow, no politician in the history of the US ever used that huh? Its actions, not words that have consequences.

What national problems is Trump not solving? Illegal immigration down 70%. Stock market soaring, the dollar is strong, employment is up, jobs not going overseas. What problems are you talking about? Give me a break, he is one man, having to deal with a treasonous press, the utterly retarded Democrat party, RINO's who only care about what gets them re-elected, and petulant crybaby pigs in the EU.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:57 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
[quote=ELOrocks17;48781549]
Quote:

When did Trump ever say he wanted to do that? We don't want him to lead the world, that's not why we elected him. Remember his awesome slogan? MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!! Nothing about the world.

"Nothing about the world". In your own words, this describes the great trouble our nation is entering. From soon after its beginning, the United States has always been about the whole world. Our concern for our planet and its people, is the essence of our existence and our success.

To toss that aside, as though we could survive better by showing disregard for other nations, is a plan for our demise. If we convince those outside our borders that we no longer care about them, they will return that onto us and we won't survive.

Your full mantra should be, "Make America great again, by being stupid".

Old 07-10-2017, 12:04 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
looks like the left has their new hero for now.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:14 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Being a progressive automatically excludes him from making valid observations?
Don't be obtuse, as the premise by the OP was that he is some type of a neutral professional. Thus if he is in fact a "progressive", the cloak of neutrality the OP tried to bestow upon him is fake.

One wonders if you felt the same way about foreign or domestic conservatives observations about Obama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeplorablePopulist View Post
And yet again Anti Americans care more about what a foreign journalist thinks than what Americans think. Shocker.
If it were a foreign reporter extolling the virtues of Trump, they would be dismissive.

Needless to say much of journalism around the world has been leftist for some time. They attacked Reagan, Bush 1&2, and are now after Trump.
Yet when an inexperienced neophyte like Obama came along, they were acting as if he was the greatest.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:48 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times
369,000 shares on Facebook.

I would classify this video as being influential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies