Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 12:31 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times

Advertisements

I was musing about this the other day. Supposedly Trump loves his family. Even Hillary, at the debates when each candidate was forced to say something nice about the other, took refuge in implying that he was probably a decent parent because his children were "devoted" (of course, now one could say, either, "Yeah, devoted because Daddy's is in charge of the money" or "Yeah, devoted to the extent that they'll engage in impropriety on his behalf").

But think about it for a minute.

He's clearly has no respect for the institution of marriage, whether you're looking at it in terms of his multiple marriages or his infidelities. He apparently didn't truly "love" either of his first two wives enough to stick it out. He does not exhibit the kind of behavior with his current wife that we might associate with true love.

Although he has good relationships with some of his children, he's been open that he had little interest in their upbringing. It's well known that Tiffany was largely ignored. I haven't seen Barron much, but I've never seen any affectionate gesture toward him (as compared to, for instance, Obama with his daughters).

He does not generally speak of his larger family. I was very surprised when I learned that Trump has three living siblings.

And he has no close friends the way a normal person might. He only has business associates and yes-men.

He's considered a homebody these days, but I'm thinking it's not because he loves his family, but because inside he's a socially insecure guy - probably with good reason, because I'm guessing he's a bore whom no one would want to invite to a dinner party (except with the ulterior motive of pitching a deal).

So ... what if it's not that he loves his family, but just that he is so distrusting of the larger world that he retreats to his family because they are the only ones he dares trust somewhat?

Old 07-16-2017, 12:36 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,221,847 times
For what the love of such an extreme narcissist is worth, he does. He loves that they're such "quality" people, which reflects favorably on him.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:38 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
If he's a sociopath like many experts say, then he's not capable of loving others, per experts.

Here's a detailed explanation

https://www.healthyplace.com/persona...-fall-in-love/

Old 07-16-2017, 12:39 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
His family respects Trump and they show that respect. He has great kids and that speaks volumes. Trump included them in the business at a very young age. He took tiime to be with them.

Trump likes him family to be around him and trusts them and they are very close. God bless them and protect them.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:40 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Trump Loves Money. Trump Loves Himself, no doubt about that. If he loves his children, don't want to speculate on that. I often wonder how much Love a male has for children? His or others. Does Trump love his Maples child, that's another child out there.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:41 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
His family respects Trump and they show that respect. He has great kids and that speaks volumes. Trump included them in the business at a very young age. He took tiime to be with them.

Trump likes him family to be around him and trusts them and they are very close. God bless them and protect them.
Bingo.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:42 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I was musing about this the other day. Supposedly Trump loves his family. Even Hillary, at the debates when each candidate was forced to say something nice about the other, took refuge in implying that he was probably a decent parent because his children were "devoted" (of course, now one could say, either, "Yeah, devoted because Daddy's is in charge of the money" or "Yeah, devoted to the extent that they'll engage in impropriety on his behalf").

But think about it for a minute.

He's clearly has no respect for the institution of marriage, whether you're looking at it in terms of his multiple marriages or his infidelities. He apparently didn't truly "love" either of his first two wives enough to stick it out. He does not exhibit the kind of behavior with his current wife that we might associate with true love.

Although he has good relationships with some of his children, he's been open that he had little interest in their upbringing. It's well known that Tiffany was largely ignored. I haven't seen Barron much, but I've never seen any affectionate gesture toward him (as compared to, for instance, Obama with his daughters).

He does not generally speak of his larger family. I was very surprised when I learned that Trump has three living siblings.

And he has no close friends the way a normal person might. He only has business associates and yes-men.

He's considered a homebody these days, but I'm thinking it's not because he loves his family, but because inside he's a socially insecure guy - probably with good reason, because I'm guessing he's a bore whom no one would want to invite to a dinner party (except with the ulterior motive of pitching a deal).

So ... what if it's not that he loves his family, but just that he is so distrusting of the larger world that he retreats to his family because they are the only ones he dares trust somewhat?

I don't believe the sub-human Trump has any capacity to love anyone but himself! I think he has proven that, his whole life! Cheating on every wife, totally non-engaged father!

Old 07-16-2017, 12:43 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
For what the love of such an extreme narcissist is worth, he does. He loves that they're such "quality" people, which reflects favorably on him.
I figure that "quality" to him probably translates to something like "high net worth" or "shrewd operator" or "vocal supporter of Trump."

Old 07-16-2017, 12:44 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,495,737 times
Trump loves his family about as much as Elizabeth I loved Mary, Queen of Scots! He loves them as long as they're "useful" and fit in with his worldview. He'd throw his own grandmother under a bus, to keep his hands "clean" and then opine on how wonderful she was! Next issue!

Old 07-16-2017, 12:45 PM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
Sure ... right behind:

himself
money
gold leaf
attention
and steak with ketchup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies