Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 05:10 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

Just show liberals what they created which was a law that was pushed through our throats without properly knowing what was in the bill.

The false and fake promises that we could keep our plan and get $2500 relief resulted in losing our plan and 40% increase in premium.

With all the false media and how Obama has changed rules prior to leaving office, liberals calling for impeachment and lying to their followers....just let this monster implode.

See how many Democrats will still have affordable health care.

Then come with a new bill and meanwhile some Republicans who are just a puppet on a string for anti Trumpers wil have moved out of office.

Let Obamacare die by itself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 05:12 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,968,600 times
By "let it implode" Trump means "don't pay the bills". That may be the way he operates his businesses, but I'd like to think America aims for a higher standard.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:25 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
By "let it implode" Trump means "don't pay the bills". That may be the way he operates his businesses, but I'd like to think America aims for a higher standard.
President Trump is not obligated to spend one dime that was not authorized in the original legislation. A program is to be self-sustaining through participant premiums. If the Democrats over-promised and under-funded it, then too bad. They don't get a second bite at the apple.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Funny how you people completely ignore the role insurance companies play in this debacle.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:30 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Just show liberals what they created which was a law that was pushed through our throats without properly knowing what was in the bill.

The false and fake promises that we could keep our plan and get $2500 relief resulted in losing our plan and 40% increase in premium.

With all the false media and how Obama has changed rules prior to leaving office, liberals calling for impeachment and lying to their followers....just let this monster implode.

See how many Democrats will still have affordable health care.

Then come with a new bill and meanwhile some Republicans who are just a puppet on a string for anti Trumpers wil have moved out of office.

Let Obamacare die by itself!
So if something is broken, you let it complete explode and even hurt more people to prove a point.....and then you try to fix it.

Instead of fixing it when you identify a problem.

Interesting strategy.

I think that is the most ridiculous strategy ever and ends up with more people suffering...and not all of them liberals.

The idea of politicians and govt. isn't to prove the opposition wrong to say 'I told you so.". The Republicans said they could fix this...then fix it as soon as possible.

What' s happening now is we are seeing that the Republican party can't agree how to fix it and even the fixes being proposed from the divided party do little to reduce your premiums and increase the number of people who can be covered.

This letting Obamacare fail is the only hope of the Republican party calling a win. That's the saddest state of affairs for us voters -- liberal or conservative.

I'm stunned by the emotional, irrational desire just to prove the liberals wrong.

Shaking my head.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So if something is broken, you let it complete explode and even hurt more people to prove a point.....and then you try to fix it.

Instead of fixing it when you identify a problem.

Interesting strategy.

I think that is the most ridiculous strategy ever and ends up with more people suffering...and not all of them liberals.

The idea of politicians and govt. isn't to prove the opposition wrong to say 'I told you so.". The Republicans said they could fix this...then fix it as soon as possible.

What' s happening now is we are seeing that the Republican party can't agree how to fix it and even the fixes being proposed from the divided party do little to reduce your premiums and increase the number of people who can be covered.

This letting Obamacare fail is the only hope of the Republican party calling a win. That's the saddest state of affairs for us voters -- liberal or conservative.

I'm stunned by the emotional, irrational desire just to prove the liberals wrong.

Shaking my head.
For me, the most stunning thing I've observed is the fact that Republicans had EIGHT YEARS to do come up with their own plan. Nearly 3,000 days of time they could've used to really research the issue, come up with viable ideas and how to pay for their ideas.

And what do we get from the right? Zip, zilch, zero, nada.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:42 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
For me, the most stunning thing I've observed is the fact that Republicans had EIGHT YEARS to do come up with their own plan. Nearly 3,000 days of time they could've used to really research the issue, come up with viable ideas and how to pay for their ideas.

And what do we get from the right? Zip, zilch, zero, nada.
They can just send up that bill that Obama Vetoed last year and put it on Trumps desk for approval, that was their plan approved by both houses. What a bunch of frauds, even Trump is criticizing the GOP for their lack of a plan.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:47 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
what happened to I have a terrific plan?

Old 07-17-2017, 06:06 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
Im ok with letting it fail on its own as well. I dont have a plan on the exchange but have been watching my premiums expand an average of about 70%/yr the last few years anyhow, so without a doubt Im being forced to subsidize others heathcare that I shouldnt be.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:59 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
The GOP has had years to come up with something better but they were too busy working on their own survival and planning on spending the next 8 years under Hillary.

The last thing we need is the same or worse plan rolled out and tested on us.

Obamacare has helped many people but it has also hurt many and I suspect the same will happen under any plan the Feds push out which makes me think that they should not be in charge of forcing healthcare on America.

Trump is so keen on repealing and replacing when what they should be doing is repairing Obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies