Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 04:34 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,246 times

Advertisements

As it stands, the chance of a straight repeal of ObamaCare is not looking good. Susan Collins just needs to go ahead and switch over to the Commie democratic party. I'm so sick of these moderates campaigning on a repeal of ObamaCare, voting to repeal under Obama, and then chickening out under Trump. My patience is wearing out with these clowns. McCain, McConnell and a few other incompetent senators need to be in an old folks home. I'm fed up with these establishment republicans getting in the way of Trump's agenda. Trump won a bunch of red states in landslide victories against Hillary, and carried a few republican senators across the finish line in the process. You figure they would start to get a clue. Besides Trump doing what he can at the executive level, I'm not seeing much progress at all. To be honest, if it weren't for the potential of Trump getting a couple more Supreme Court picks, I probably wouldn't vote GOP in the 2018 races.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 04:40 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,896,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
I'm fed up with these establishment republicans getting in the way of Trump's agenda.
This is entirely the Republican voter's fault. Everyone was against the "establishment," yet voted to re-elect the same Republican members of Congress which you all complained about for the past 7 years. You thought it would only matter at the executive branch, not the local and state level.

You fell for Trump's sales and deal making gimmick which has turned into nothing more than a sham. He simply doesn't have the savvy to work with politicians, and is unable to persuade the corporately-controlled Republican congress to pass any meaningful legislation for the "working man" who put him in office.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:03 PM

1,348 posts, read 791,849 times
The Repubs are behaving like jackwits right now. But, you can calm down. Turn off the TV, go outside, take a walk, pet a dog. Tomorrow is another day (although it'll be the same sh*t from both parties).

Old 07-18-2017, 05:04 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
LOL.

You folks voted int he party of no, and suddenly thought they would all join in lockstep? REALLY?

And given JUST how bad these bills were-even Trump called them mean-what did you expect?

Old 07-18-2017, 05:08 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Don't look now, but the Democrats have completely relinquished any title to being Communists. Trump is the one meeting one on one with Putin with only Vlad's translator present to sell America for a song. The GOP that supports him has now officially become the Communist Sympathizer Party.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:11 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,641,005 times
You fell for the lie that the GOP had wonderful plans for repeal and replace Obamacare when in reality there was no plan whatsoever. Trump doesn't care about anyone but himself. Remember he said everyone was going to have fantastic healthcare for less money. Did it not occur to you to wonder why no GOP representative could ever explain what this great plan actually was? No, when others tried to point that out it was always "fake news." Reap what you sow.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:23 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,807,419 times
Quote:
As it stands, the chance of a straight repeal of ObamaCare is not looking good. Susan Collins just needs to go ahead and switch over to the Commie democratic party. I'm so sick of these moderates campaigning on a repeal of ObamaCare, voting to repeal under Obama, and then chickening out under Trump. My patience is wearing out with these clowns. McCain, McConnell and a few other incompetent senators need to be in an old folks home. I'm fed up with these establishment republicans getting in the way of Trump's agenda. Trump won a bunch of red states in landslide victories against Hillary, and carried a few republican senators across the finish line in the process. You figure they would start to get a clue. Besides Trump doing what he can at the executive level, I'm not seeing much progress at all. To be honest, if it weren't for the potential of Trump getting a couple more Supreme Court picks, I probably wouldn't vote GOP in the 2018 races.
It didn't happen because it was never going to be as easy to do as was being promised.

Everyone, from Trump on down, lied to get votes. Well Trump may not have lied exactly, it's possible he was just talking out of his arse and didn't know any better.

There is no easy way out of Obamacare. Either they compromise to sure it up or repeal it and throw the market into chaos. There is no such thing as a replacement bill that can pass.

Last edited by Tinawina; 07-18-2017 at 05:37 PM..

Old 07-18-2017, 05:31 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Talking Darn those all powerful Democrats!

Quote:

Pubs...

Once again stymied by the omnipotent LIBERAL AGENDA!

Or maybe it's just god's will...

Old 07-18-2017, 05:34 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,127 times
The Red Party is the Republican Party. Just ask Putin's luggage carrier, Mr. Trump.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:39 PM

628 posts, read 695,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL.

You folks voted in the party of no, and suddenly thought they would all join in lockstep? REALLY?

And given JUST how bad these bills were-even Trump called them mean-what did you expect?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies