Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 07:23 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times

Advertisements

Ah sweet shadenfreude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 07:24 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
He really seems upset that Sessions is not covering his (Trumps) azz like he wanted him to.

"He added: “Jeff Sessions takes the job, gets into the job, recuses himself, which frankly I think is very unfair to the president. How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, ‘Thanks, Jeff, but I’m not going to take you.’ It’s extremely unfair — and that’s a mild word — to the president.”"
What would possess Trump to make such an ignorant statement? Is he trying to shame Sessions into resigning?

Old 07-20-2017, 07:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Trump could mandate free ice cream on every street corner on Friday afternoons and you lefty loons would still find some way to demonize him for that. You guys really need to relax, I mean I despised Obama, but I didn't spend every waking hour spewing hate and nonsense about him. You'll have a chance in 2020 to make a change. Good Luck!
On this forum there was someone spewing hate and nonsense about Obama every hour, waking or not. I don't think it's all that different for Trump, except that now, instead of you being one of the attackers, you are now one of the defenders.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:29 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
On this forum there was someone spewing hate and nonsense about Obama every hour, waking or not. I don't think it's all that different for Trump, except that now, instead of you being one of the attackers, you are now one of the defenders.
That and there are countless legitimate reasons to attack Trump, unlike Obama.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:32 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What would possess Trump to make such an ignorant statement? Is he trying to shame Sessions into resigning?
The has a very twisted and childish sense of "right and wrong."

Old 07-20-2017, 07:33 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I thought he did a pretty good job of bringing the economy back from 10% unemployment to 4.8%. He also saved the entire world financial system from global depression.
Not to mention he saved the auto industry when Romney thought Detroit should go bankrupt.
Ended the war in Iraq.
72 months of positive Employment growth that has persisted into Trump's presidency.
Obama's legacy continues no matter how hard Trump wants to erase it!

Old 07-20-2017, 07:45 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Trump is melting down. Just like a snowflake.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
I think that video clip of Trump pretending to drive a fire truck is extremely telling. He likes the idea of a fire fighter: driving a big truck, flashing the lights, wearing the gear. But if he ever had to perform real fire-fighting duties, like running into a burning building and saving someone, he wouldn't dare do it.

That's how he is as president. He likes accouterments of office, the title, Air Force One, the pomp and circumstance associated with being president, but he has no desire to actually lead and manage a nation like a president. And by providing Zero leadership, as things fail, all he can do is blame others. This is a man who has never once taken responsibilities for his own failing. Remember, he doesn't think he's done anything to warrant God's forgiveness His name (based in his father's reputation) and his financial inheritance have always bailed him out of tight spots in the past. He's always there to take credit when credit is due and to pass blame when it is not.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:05 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I think that video clip of Trump pretending to drive a fire truck is extremely telling. He likes the idea of a fire fighter: driving a big truck, flashing the lights, wearing the gear. But if he ever had to perform real fire-fighting duties, like running into a burning building and saving someone, he wouldn't dare do it.

That's how he is as president. He likes accouterments of office, the title, Air Force One, the pomp and circumstance associated with being president, but he has no desire to actually lead and manage a nation like a president. And by providing Zero leadership, as things fail, all he can do is blame others. This is a man who has never once taken responsibilities for his own failing. Remember, he doesn't think he's done anything to warrant God's forgiveness His name (based in his father's reputation) and his financial inheritance have always bailed him out of tight spots in the past. He's always there to take credit when credit is due and to pass blame when it is not.
Good analogy.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:15 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Donny, with his incredibly small hands, took Sessions and others of the Justice Dept. back to the woodshed and beat em up side the head with his NYT's comments. These guys are pitiful excuses of public officials for continuing to work for this buffoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies