Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:26 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,092,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The quote:

"It just sounds like people are scared. It just sounds like people are afraid. And the people who are afraid in general — with due respect, and I am now one of them — are older. Climate change deniers, by way of example, are older. It’s generational. So we’re just going to have to wait for those people to “age out,” as they say. “Age out” is a euphemism for “die.” But it’ll happen, I guarantee you — that’ll happen."
Yep, and he is 100% correct. The younger generation is not weighed down by years of fundamentalist indoctrination that science is bad and Jesus is coming to save the world. They know we have to save the planet ourselves, or we as a species will not survive. Nye is just calling it like he sees it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 10:27 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,738,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
You first Bill Nye the butt packer.
He "putts from the rough"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftl_ckcpZgY

Old 07-20-2017, 10:32 AM

783 posts, read 577,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
No, like Al Gore and other liberals who fly around on pollution machine private jets, he's one of the lucky few who don't have to play by the rules they decide the rest of us have to live (or die) by.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:38 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,388,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He's right. Until the old, uneducated, tea party evangelicals and their heavy influence in politics are gone we are stuck in the Dark Ages. They will eventually die off, but will it be too late by then? The old fossils have no stake in the future of the planet, so what do they care?
Every word of that is wrong.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Glad that guy is not in high places, thinking for me!

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times
Quote:
Yep, and he is 100% correct. The younger generation is not weighed down by years of fundamentalist indoctrination that science is bad and Jesus is coming to save the world. They know we have to save the planet ourselves, or we as a species will not survive. Nye is just calling it like he sees it.
Aaah dang!

On this one I'm going to have to indicate some agreement. While I tend to find the youth of today almost disinterested in anything of import while fully engaged with the latest I-phone offering; on this topic that is probably a good thing.

The younger set are by comparison on the topic of the environment a blank page, an unwritten book, an empty vessel so to speak.

Better left to them the results of having created over 600 billion tonnes of plastic products of which more than half of that and probably twice that amount more to come, going to satisfying their unparalleled lust for throw-aways.

Here's to ya and my best wishes for your turn at the helm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
This doesn't appear to be caught on video so the tone and manner in which it was said should play a role. It only appears to point to what is probably truthful and inevitable, the younger generation is the one pushing the Man Made Climate Change narrative....
No, it's not. The narrative is coming from the people with the power, and that means older people.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Yep, and he is 100% correct. The younger generation is not weighed down by years of fundamentalist indoctrination that science is bad....
Sure they are. That's what they get in college.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:48 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,881,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The quote:

"It just sounds like people are scared. It just sounds like people are afraid. And the people who are afraid in general — with due respect, and I am now one of them — are older. Climate change deniers, by way of example, are older. It’s generational. So we’re just going to have to wait for those people to “age out,” as they say. “Age out” is a euphemism for “die.” But it’ll happen, I guarantee you — that’ll happen."
This actual quote combined with the headline of the article or post definitely demonstrates the problem stupid people have today with misinformation.

When you actually READ what is said and THINK about it, there's not so much to get all worked up over.

Intellectual thought > emotional response.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
"Engineering is the application of mathematics, as well as scientific, economic, social, and practical knowledge in order to invent, innovate, design, build, maintain, research, and improve structures, machines, tools, systems, components, materials, processes, solutions, and organizations."

He's a scientist. Engineering is a science.

Bill Nye's not exactly my favorite (Neil Tyson is objectively better, I say), but his point is probably more accurate than you're willing to acknowledge. He of course isn't calling for mass killings, but just stating a fact; old people are often quite stubborn and acceptance of climate change does seem to correlate with age.
His point isn't accurate at all. "Acceptance of climate change" has nothing to do with anything. AGW is all about the number of humans, which means the problem is babies (especially in Africa, where the population is projected to quadruple by 2100), not old people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies