Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 01:35 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

I didn't vote for Trump, won't vote for him in 2020, and am not a Republican, but the reporter left out two questions. The answer to the first question is obviously no, but the only reason I can think of for not posing that first question is the reporter fearing that the answer might be yes to the second question....which would destroy the story. Question #1...Did anyone ask Trump if $12 per year = the employee contribution amount for employees of The Trump Organization? Answer...obviously a no. The second question (if the first question had been asked, and the answer to that first question had been yes).....Is $12 per year the amount of that employee contribution? Likely not, but there is no indication that either question was asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 01:37 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Do you ever address the OP without attacking someone who is posting? I've never seen it.

Explain how Trump proved his knowledge of health care in this interview. Love to hear it.
Umm..arn't 21 year olds still on their parents health plan until age 26? So, why would it even cost them $12 a year?

Old 07-21-2017, 01:45 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,022,082 times
I think he's confusing the Gerber life insurance and Colonial Penn commercials.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:46 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Umm..arn't 21 year olds still on their parents health plan until age 26? So, why would it even cost them $12 a year?
Ahahahaha. Really?

There is a cost to health care even under a parents policy. My son is under 26 and even on my family coverage it was a whole lot more than $12 a year before he had his own employer coverage, which is a whole lot more than $12 a year.

Then there are those without family coverage. Or employer coverage. And some even without parents. And what about those older than 26?

None of which addresses the fact that none of it means squat at age 70 or 60 or 50!

Even with Medicare, the expected cost of health care for a couple from age 65 until death is more than $250,000. Cogitate on that for a while.

Here is an idea. instead of mindlessly defending Trump's nonsense, just accept that what he said makes no sense. Defending him must get exhausting.

Last edited by shaker281; 07-21-2017 at 01:55 AM..

Old 07-21-2017, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I think he's confusing the Gerber life insurance and Colonial Penn commercials.
I think he's eating Gerber and living in colonial times!

Old 07-21-2017, 01:47 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well, the President doesn't seem to know that! Maybe you could write him a letter and explain it to him!

Old 07-21-2017, 01:51 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,022,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
I think he's eating Gerber and living in colonial times!
Ha, that's a great comeback! I'm lmao!

Old 07-21-2017, 01:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Maybe $12 a year is what Trump is paying for healthcare.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Maybe $12 a year is what Trump is paying for healthcare.
More than what I'D pay this guy!

Old 07-21-2017, 02:21 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
He said it himself. Seriously- do you have any ability to listen and comprehend what your leader says?
It seems like Trump supporters are in extreme denial. After just six months of his presidency the white House is in turmoil.

Take the health care bill, how many times did he change his mind about the action he wanted to take. Trump is pathologically impulsive and immature, he does not have the insight or the intellect to be an effective POTUS, and yet there he is sitting in the oval office.

Instead of being surrounded by people who actually know how government works, he appoints his son-in -law, and his daughter, as senior advisors based on the knowledge they have amassed working as a real estate owner and a dress designer. Amateurs advising the president of the most powerful country on Earth.

Trump demands loyalty, but only yesterday he tore in his most loyal supporter Jeff Sessions why, because Trump believed that because Session's recused himself from the Russia investigation he was being disloyal to him, Trump. The AG's job is to protect the people and the constitution of the United States, not the president. Trump demands loyalty from the people around him, but does not know the meaning of the word loyalty himself.

Now this morning there's news of plot by Trump and his army of lawyers, to undermine the investigation by Robert Mueller and his team, who are investigating the connections between the Trump family and the election campaign with the Russians.

Even Trump's supporter have got to face the facts at some time and the fact is, they have elected perhaps the worst president who has ever put his backside in the oval office. God help America,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies