Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 12:20 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

Another day, another nutcase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 03:33 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Me too. I had a dream that President Trump was my father.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:38 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Me too. I had a dream that President Trump was my father.
Was your mother from a Eastern Bloc Soviet Republic?

Old 07-21-2017, 04:41 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Ironic this woman sends her kid to a liberal school , but doesn't want her daughter to have an open mind or different opinion.
Seems she wants her kid to give in to 'group think'.

-----
My 3-year-old daughter is obsessed with Donald Trump.
This is a problem if 1) you live in New York City, 2) you are liberal, 3) your friends are liberal, 4) your daughter attends a liberal school and 5) your relatives are affected by the Trump administration’s travel ban.
Yassi, my daughter, attends the kind of school that made counseling available in the wake of the 2016 presidential elections. Parents stood together comforting one another on Nov. 9 in an act of collective mourning that I hadn’t seen since Sept. 11. This is probably exactly the type of school that the Trump voters were hating on with their epic middle finger raised to the elites of this country.
On that same morning, Yassi made few friends by screaming “Donald Trump!” at the top of her lungs in the crowded stairwell to her school. People whirled around to find the traitor. Red-faced and humiliated, I pulled her aside and said, “Shhhh, Yassi, we do not scream these things at school.” And so, an expletive was born, much more potent than any four-letter word.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/o...beral-kid.html
I think a sense of humor is key re enjoying what kids bring to the tapestry of life. IMO, ages 3-8 (starting before age 3 with some kids) really are the 'kids will say the darndest things' years.

One December when Bush 43 was POTUS, I was walking through the area near the White House with the National Christmas Tree and all of the little 'state/territory' trees at night with my godson, his younger brother, and their dad. My godson, who was closer to his fourth birthday than his third at the time, started horsing around on the fence. He got this impish grin on his face, and I wondered what would happen next. He yelled one word...naked....pretty loudly....and nothing else. IIRC, his dad shushed him, told him to get off the fence, and he complied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies