Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel corruption has increased since Trump took office?
Yes 27 52.94%
No 24 47.06%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:14 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
None of the DNC shills cared about obvious corruption when it came from the Obama regime or Hillary. Now suddenly it's a big concern. Good job on outing yourself as a partisan hack. Actually, we knew you were already.
How convenient for Corporate and Banking Lobbyists that donate to all politicians that they can divide people in to parties so they win either way

Which Party does Goldman Sachs Belong to?

Lobbyists are **** Roaches that bribe All politicians to get what they want
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Corruption is everywhere. Washington is a sh*t filed swamp.

And the guy who spent 8 years there recently is near the top of the dung heap. And, unfortunately, he's living there permanently now because he's not finished slinging his special brand of crap. He was supposedly renting for 2 years. Yea, right.

And it's a threesome....Valerie lives with them. Somebody needs to install recording devices because they are up to some devious doings.
Lobbyists are the biggest cockroaches in this country

Old 07-20-2017, 10:17 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
Quote:
You are very right. But, much of the young population has been raised on idiotic TV programming, 15 second commercials, politicized Hollywood movies and little electronic devices that are always pinging and lighting up. So, they have the attention span of gnats and are completely trained to be addicted to the 'theater". Frankly, this forum is an example of the attention spans I'm talking about.

Glad you see it but, I hold not much hope for others dialing-in.
Seems like an interesting post, but I didn't get all the way though it.

Btw, what is a dialing-in? Is that like logging on?

Old 07-20-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There was an interesting discussion on NPR today, about Trump and the people who voted for him, and they brought up a good point. Basically, they said that a lot of Trump voters really didn't care if Trump himself survived this mess, those people just wanted the current system in Washington to fail. Those voters didn't care who was the person who overturned what we currently have, they just wanted someone to do it...........and Trump just happened to be the guy who came onto the scene at the right time.
I actually agree with these people
If Washington were to crash, there would be a lot of wealthy people that would go bankrupt when their lifeline to politicians come to an end

Old 07-20-2017, 10:23 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
No. But I do think Trump is corrupt.

I think Trump made more enemies in both parties so it will be reported more and he will be held accountable more.

MSM wouldn't cover this much of Hillary's corruption. Nor would they be inventing things as much as they do about Trump.

Politics has always been very corrupt, because of Trump the media will put it in our face 24/7.
^^All of this is spot on.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
You are very right. But, much of the young population has been raised on idiotic TV programming, 15 second commercials, politicized Hollywood movies and little electronic devices that are always pinging and lighting up. So, they have the attention span of gnats and are completely trained to be addicted to the 'theater". Frankly, this forum is an example of the attention spans I'm talking about.

Glad you see it but, I hold not much hope for others dialing-in.
The regulars are paid government shills that support crony capitalism
They never speak against it and continue to partisan hackery to divide people
Nice to see a new face

Old 07-20-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
There is a high degree of truth to that. And anyone who doesn't understand why people want the freak show and corruption overturned in the DC swamp and the country has been living in la-la land.

Another excellent post
There are a lot of politicians on both sides that need to be tarred and feathered

Old 07-20-2017, 10:27 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Seems like an interesting post, but I didn't get all the way though it.

Btw, what is a dialing-in? Is that like logging on?
Translation - waking the f*ck up! Saw an Iranian diplomat on Charlie Rose tonight and he offered an interesting proverb. He said, "In Persian, we have a saying, "If someone is asleep, they can be awakened. If someone doesn't know they are asleep, nothing can be done for them."

Old 07-20-2017, 10:36 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
The regulars are paid government shills that support crony capitalism
They never speak against it and continue to partisan hackery to divide people
Nice to see a new face
Funny you say that because, although I've been messing around on City Data for awhile, only recently did I start slopping around in this particular pig-pen. But, I noticed pretty quickly all the bootlickers promoting DNC talking points.

I've made overt comments about it several times and no one has ever disputed my assertion. Once I asked what they pay: $7.50 p/hour and a popsicle?

Old 07-20-2017, 10:37 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
How do I create a poll?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies