Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 04:35 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,602,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The above statement is at least partly true.

Example, leftists "feel" the need for the poor and low income workers to have good lives. And isn't that a honorable and Christian-like thing?

But when leftists do things like write laws to raise wages they don't fully realize the economic consequences of their actions, and then leftists enact wage laws that hurt certain small businesses. But those on the right could "think" of ways to stop wage increases from hurting those small businesses, like exempting certain small businesses from wage laws and enacting wage increases very slowly over time.

Clearly the leftists are having "feelings" about helping unfortunate Americans. But why can't those on the right realize that is a honorable thing, and then "think" of ways how those honorable "feelings" can be put into laws without negative economic consequences?

But perhaps since those on the right have no "feelings" to help unfortunate Americans, they can not "think" of ways to help unfortunate Americans.

And personally I would rather side with those who "feel" honorable things than side with those who "think" un-honorable things, like those on the right who "think" about no assistance for the poor, low wages for workers, no healthcare for everyone, no equal wages for women, no rights for gay people, hatred of Muslims and South Americans, and low tax rates for the wealthy.

And a leftists "feelings" have at least some thought with them, and leftists "feel" countless things. But a rightist can basically only "think" about 3 things (and that's no assistance for the poor, low wages for workers, and low tax rates for the wealthy.) And since leftists "feel" countless things and rightists only "think" about 3 things (the left will have more "thought" than the right.)
That's a load of you know what. How many people on the right have the ability to change anything on the Seattle City Council? My guess is zero. Besides, it's a lie that those on the right don't help out poor people, or don't want to help out poor people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Oh, the irony!

You lecture others on the "right to speak and share opinions". Then you immediately tell others to "shut up"!

You're free to travel to Somalia, too, if you think taxation is tyranny. The desert wastelands are waiting!
I was actually proud of geekigurl for saying that. She is no right winger, but she is in a position to see other people dislike her opinion or choices, being transgender. I guess she feels the need to defend people, which is commendable.

Last edited by katygirl68; 07-31-2017 at 04:54 PM..

Old 07-31-2017, 04:40 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,782,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Wouldn't the state supreme court have to weight in on this law before it is implemented?
Yes, it will. http://www.seattleweekly.com/news/is...ions-answered/

Old 07-31-2017, 04:41 PM

20,769 posts, read 8,612,350 times
Tax the rich enough and they will leave -- because they can afford to -- unlike middle class and poor who are stuck.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Will be hilarious when the Feds march into these cities and put their leadership in Federal prison.
Why would they do that?

Old 07-31-2017, 04:47 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,782,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why would they do that?
I believe PMF is referring to the fantasy about the feds arresting mayors of sanctuary cities.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't see this having a huge impact.

It's not like the Philly 5% city wage tax.

With that said, one has to wonder just how much money this is going to actually bring in?
Whatever it is probably won't be enough, and they'll be saying they need to lower it to everyone making $200,000 per year to keep the services.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Seriously, what? Even in SF that's not normal.

Though I do have my own "weird" Seattle story. I was in that big downtown Macy's and needed to use the restroom. The associate said they keep it locked and in pretty tight control because they have serious problem with people shooting up in there for long periods of time. I think that's the first time I've seen a locked restroom in a major department store. Now, I've seen people shooting up in the light of day on the street in SF but this actually surprised me.
That's pretty sad. What the hell? Sounds like a wonderful idea to allow the needle exchanges.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I believe PMF is referring to the fantasy about the feds arresting mayors of sanctuary cities.
Yeah, that will never happen.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:55 PM

20,166 posts, read 9,069,121 times
Seattle's mayor is a pedophile, may be time to take mayoral elections away from the voters there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies