Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 04:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This press conference was the best one I have seen in years, Stephen Miller just crushed the lib media. Miller in 2024
The best you've seen? Fake anger, getting personal and word twisting. I guess some people like that kind of 'debate'. He sounded like a crazy person. Like Mooch.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-02-2017 at 05:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 05:01 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,103,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Every liberal will think he was awful because he stood up for himself, made sense and didn't let the media run all over him. Yes, that's awful if you're a liberal hoping he would stumble on every word and not get the information out without getting beat up.
Actually you are wrong about this.

First off I am liberal and proud of it.

And I support a merit legal immigration to this country of those we need and can contribute to our nation. I don't believe it needs to be cut back because the reality is that our population is growing older and there are less workers per retiree and this is not just based on unemployment but on birth rate and people living longer in retirement.

He did a horrible job by straying from the message and getting into a spitting battle with the reporter. He acted, creepy and Arrogant. Should have stayed on point and not get rattled by the reporters.

He was not a good guy to bring the message.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:44 PM

22,498 posts, read 12,042,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post

And I support a merit legal immigration to this country of those we need and can contribute to our nation. I don't believe it needs to be cut back because the reality is that our population is growing older and there are less workers per retiree and this is not just based on unemployment but on birth rate and people living longer in retirement.

He did a horrible job by straying from the message and getting into a spitting battle with the reporter. He acted, creepy and Arrogant. Should have stayed on point and not get rattled by the reporters.

You don't think we need to cut back on the number of legal immigrants we allow in on an annual basis? You think allowing 1 million legal immigrants per year is just fine and dandy? I bet you also think that we have unlimited buildable land and potable water, too

How many people in this country will be too many for you? 1 billion? India has 1 billion people---how's that working for them? Answer: Not too great. More than half don't have electricity. Bangalore doesn't have enough potable water for its population.

Miller did a great job! I know---you would have liked it better if he kowtowed to Jim Acosta. I'm glad he didn't take any BS from Acosta

Old 08-02-2017, 05:47 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times
He sure jaw jacked that idiot from CNN. LOL

Old 08-02-2017, 05:53 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,387,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He sure jaw jacked that idiot from CNN. LOL
Yes, Trump people sure know how to be nasty, tacky, low class, back-biting, to say nothing of being dishonest and liars.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:55 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yes, Trump people sure know how to be nasty, tacky, low class, back-biting, to say nothing of being dishonest and liars.
Yet it is you doing the name calling. This speaks for itself.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:00 PM

17,356 posts, read 11,323,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post

Nonsense, what he did was not let the reporter walk all over him and get away with the usual liberal speech about the Statue of Liberty. He also didn't allow him to distort this proposal into something evil and racist. I suppose you think he should have shut up and let the reporter give an uninterrupted 10 minute speech about what he and CNN want the immigration policy to be. Sorry, not happening and shouldn't happen. Last time I checked, reporters don't make public policy and new laws.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:02 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,103,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You don't think we need to cut back on the number of legal immigrants we allow in on an annual basis? You think allowing 1 million legal immigrants per year is just fine and dandy? I bet you also think that we have unlimited buildable land and potable water, too

How many people in this country will be too many for you? 1 billion? India has 1 billion people---how's that working for them? Answer: Not too great. More than half don't have electricity. Bangalore doesn't have enough potable water for its population.

Miller did a great job! I know---you would have liked it better if he kowtowed to Jim Acosta. I'm glad he didn't take any BS from Acosta
Here are some facts for you in 2000 the US had 5.2 working age adult for every person over 65 by 2030 it will be 3 workers for every senior over 65

So if we want to economically survive that we have three choices.
1. Kill off some seniors
2. Increase birth rate which of course will take time
3. Increase Legal immigration that can work and add to the economy.

And, yes Stephen Miller's was awful in his presentation.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:02 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,689,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Miller front stabbed the back biter baby Jim Acosta.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:08 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,825,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
^^^^^^This. Let's make policy, and pass laws that have our own American citizens' best interest in mind. I am tired of putting everyone else but the American taxpayer first. I hope Obama felt the smack down!
Yep - this clears the way for Americans to get all of those crop picking jobs, bell hops, janitors, fast food servers, waiters (like the ones Trump's Mar a Lago applied to for more foreign waiters), landscapers, etc... that all of these low skilled, non English immigrants are taking away from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies