Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 09:41 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,825 times

Advertisements

People keep comparing the two. I've seen a video on facebook explicitly demonstrating how marijuana is safer.

Here's a tiny little detail that's been overlooked: Many people who drink alcohol DON'T get drunk. ANYONE who smokes marijuana get's stoned. C'mon, let's be real.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:45 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
People keep comparing the two. I've seen a video on facebook explicitly demonstrating how marijuana is safer.

Here's a tiny little detail that's been overlooked: Many people who drink alcohol DON'T get drunk. ANYONE who smokes marijuana get's stoned. C'mon, let's be real.
OMG. Get real is right. Another stereotype. This one is a bad one, because it's the one the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics uses as an excuse to keep it illegal with draconian punishment should you partake!

I use it every day, and I am going to repeat it until I am blue in the face: I use it for Focus (it works for that, research it), Creativity (it works for that, research it), and Energy (it works for that, research it). I do not use strains that you have so locked in your mind gets me "stoned". I would not get any work done if I did.

This is really getting tiresome. People with little or no experience thinking they know it all.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:45 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Quote:

Why do you care so much about what other people do?

Old 08-06-2017, 09:48 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:

Here's real for you. About 16,000 people are killed by drunk drivers in a year and NO, not everyone who smokes gets stoned every time. And just because your stoned doesn't mean your going to do something stupid unless you consider eating 5 bags of Funyuns stupid.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Why do you care so much about what other people do?
I'm really tired of this type of response.

Why do I care? Because I live in the same society. Because, believe it or not, marijuana IS in fact a gateway drug for many, illicit drug use CONTINUES to be on the rise, I am against any substance that alters cognitive function, and prefer not to raise my family in such environments.

Remember China's opium problem? It started out as medicinal use. Well eventually 30% of the adult male population used it. There were concentrated areas where people walked/layed around like morphine patients. Not to mention the adverse societal effects it had, such as on families.

Enough with these "how does this affect you" nonsense. Everything that happens affects everyone else in some way or another.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:04 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
OMG. Get real is right. Another stereotype. This one is a bad one, because it's the one the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics uses as an excuse to keep it illegal with draconian punishment should you partake!

I use it every day, and I am going to repeat it until I am blue in the face: I use it for Focus (it works for that, research it), Creativity (it works for that, research it), and Energy (it works for that, research it). I do not use strains that you have so locked in your mind gets me "stoned". I would not get any work done if I did.

This is really getting tiresome. People with little or no experience thinking they know it all.
You reefer addict!!!!

Lol.

The government has no business making pot illegal.

I hate a nanny state.

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:

Why do I care? Because I live in the same society. Because, believe it or not, marijuana IS in fact a gateway drug for many, illicit drug use CONTINUES to be on the rise, I am against any substance that alters cognitive function, and prefer not to raise my family in such environments.

Remember China's opium problem? It started out as medicinal use. Well eventually 30% of the adult male population used it. There were concentrated areas where people walked/layed around like morphine patients. Not to mention the adverse societal effects it had, such as on families.

Enough with these "how does this affect you" nonsense. Everything that happens affects everyone else in some way or another.
The problem is, you're brainwashed. All of your "facts" in this thread are wrong, other than it is true you live in the same society (I think).

25,000,000 per month use it. If it were a gateway drug there would be nothing left of society. I have never had any desire to do harder drugs, and neither has anyone I know who is a long term user.

You are grasping at straws, but I don't know what your ax is. Do you make money from prohibition, or are you just "Reefer Madness" disconnected from reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile2001 View Post
The fact that you would compare marijuana to opioids pretty much destroys what little credibility you might have started out with.
Oh geez. Read it again. I stated that marijuana is a gateway drug. Are you smoking right now by chance?

Old 08-06-2017, 10:07 AM

3,649 posts, read 3,786,423 times
They are both crutches for the weak. Both prevent people from creatively facing whatever they are avoiding in real life. Both are bad for your body. Both rob the user and community from one being the best they can.

Meh. "Chickens."

Old 08-06-2017, 10:08 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:

Marijuana is not a gateway drug. Stop watching and reading the propaganda against it.

Opium is not pot. Opium is highly addictive while pot is not addictive at all.

Your alcohol vs pot argument fails. If you drink just one drink you are being hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.