Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:56 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,920,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
change our ways in what way? To always vote for terrible candidates like Hillary Clinton no matter what?
I think, or hope, that a third party can realistically become a contender. I'm tired of our corrupt and big-money-infested two-party system. It oversimplifies all issues. Not everything is black and white, yes/no; nor can two parties hope to accommodate the many stances one could hold on many different issues.

We have been in need of a serious and legitimate third (or fourth) party for quite some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,947,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
More people we meet are now admitting to support President Trump and sick of liberals and left wing media.

With another win for Republicans,it seems the media's narrative and biased is going against them!

Keep it up liberals and all you are winning is convincing yourselves!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you based in highly conservative El Paso County? If so, of course everyone you talk to is supportive of Trump. Deep calls to deep and all that. Meanwhile, out in the rest of the country, Trump's approval rating has been around a lousey 36 - 38% for quite some time now (Gallup Polls). Plus, the party of Fox can hardly be called "silent."

And if you are considering a republican turned democrat just long enough to get his claws into the party campaign chests and then turning republican again a "win" then you guys are scraping the bottom of the barrel out of sheer desperation.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:59 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,282,581 times
That is something I also agree with. The US desperately needs to get away form the 2 party system.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:00 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,920,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't know about the rest of you but I don't believe the poll that reporters are quoting today. I never heard whose poll it is but it sounds about as correct as the one that had Hillary winning the election. Most of the people I know are just as enthusiastic about Trump as the crowd in West Virginia was tonight.
I know quite a few Trump voters back home in Ohio who either fully regret their vote, or are seriously questioning it. His support has definitely dropped since November, especially when you consider the sheer number of "don't like Trump, but he's not Hillary" fence-sitter votes. Absent a Hillary to compare against, they have to now give their true opinions on him, and it isn't pretty for many people.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:05 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,110,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I know quite a few Trump voters back home in Ohio who either fully regret their vote, or are seriously questioning it. His support has definitely dropped since November, especially when you consider the sheer number of "don't like Trump, but he's not Hillary" fence-sitter votes. Absent a Hillary to compare against, they have to now give their true opinions on him, and it isn't pretty for many people.

After the left nominates a loon like Elizabeth Warren or Hillary 2.0 Kamala Harris or plastic man Martin O'Malley, they will jump back on the Trump train

He won Ohio pretty decisively. It will be extremely hard for it to go back. Probably need another Obama which the left doesn't really have

Old 08-03-2017, 09:06 PM

8,360 posts, read 6,449,014 times
Quote:
President: Republican
Senate: Republican
House: Republican
Supreme Court: Conservative (Trump could make up to three picks)
State Legislature: majority Republican
Governorships: 34 of 50 Republican

Dems: worst shape since the 1920s and face an unfavorable 2018 Senate map.

but say it is just a "kool aid cult" as much as you want
The trouble for me is California where I live is totally one party rule. A 2/3 majority in both houses plus a Democrat governor they can and do anything they want.
The middle class is leaving in droves but I'm too old. I don't have enough time for the moving expenses to be less than the constantly increasing cOL and taxes and fees here.
It's not going to change. You people have no idea how many illegal's are here and they all vote for Democrats.

Last edited by V8 Vega; 08-03-2017 at 09:22 PM..

Old 08-03-2017, 09:07 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,110,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile2001 View Post
It seems to me the tide is turning in the other direction. Right here on C-D people believe Trump is a pathological liar by a margin of 77% to 22%. And even more damning, when asked the question if they believed Trump possesses loyalty, integrity and honestly posters answered no by a whopping margin of 87% to 12%. It used to be on every poll you saw there was that unwavering base of between 30%-35%, but that number seems to be falling.

Not sure who the OP is talking about, but the numbers don't bear his claims of a growing silent majority out. Maybe wishful thinking?

If you made a poll like this before the election the results would be the same

Old 08-03-2017, 09:07 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
That doesn't pass the smell test. Even a Gov. is abandoning the democrats for the GOP and so are others.
Trump is delivering on his promises and only being stopped by a dysfunctional congress with lower approval ratings.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:09 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,598,365 times
Quote:
the reason people will still support Trump is because the Democrats and establishment Republicans still aren't offering anything better

attacking your opponent isn't enough, you need a message and policies of your own
Worse, they attack voters constantly.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:09 PM

810 posts, read 668,624 times
poor liberals trying to wake themselves up from a bad dream. "Why won't he just RESIGN???!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies