Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 06:10 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times

Advertisements

Knowing Murica he'll probably be elected POTUS in 2024or even 2020!
Screwing over vulnerable people for his own selfish gain- GOP wet dream right there. Capitalism rules right? LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 06:12 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Probably not controversial since everyone hates this guy.

He was the one that raised a drug price a bizzillion percent.

He was found guilty of all kinds of nasty illegal lies to investors.

Martin Shkreli Found Guilty On Several Counts Of Securities Fraud : NPR

Martin Shkreli was convicted on three of the eight fraud charges he faced and could be sentenced to a prison term of as much as 20 years.

Wait.

How did such a thing happen under Obamacare?

Old 08-04-2017, 06:22 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Mayhap Trump will join him--- and make it a twofer? Birds of a feather in the absence of ethics department. Maybe they can be in the same cellblock as Madoff. They would be with kindred spirits and could have their own elite prison country club. Who would out con who?
They could play the game of Crooked Monopoly I developed, to be used among my friends. Every unethical and illegal business practice was incorporated into it. If you followed the standard rules, you were sure to lose.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Seriously? Are you defending this jerk?

Every business owner in America is not gouging patients for the cost of a medication they need to survive.

Shkreli is the epitome of what is wrong with the US healthcare pharmaceutical industry.

Maybe someday when you need a medication to continue living, someone will raise the price of it to something nobody, including you, can afford in order to make a killing (no pun intended).

Then come and defend this moron with the excuse that all business owners love gouging (not gauging) their customers.
Anybody in their right mind should defend him!

What's price gouging? 4%? 40%? 400%? Every business gouges!

Old 08-04-2017, 07:21 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Anybody in their right mind should defend him!

What's price gouging? 4%? 40%? 400%? Every business gouges!
I hope you realize you committed a Freudian faux-paux there with the "right mind" thingy?

Old 08-04-2017, 07:42 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I don't see that he did anything Big Pharma doesn't already do.
Well, he's not going to jail for jacking up medication prices.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:44 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Mylan CEO Heather Bresch's -- should be next on the list--- the EPI Pen highjack- my grandson very allergic to peanuts... what a mess trying to get him his 2 pens that expire every year - one for school and his own to take where he goes

Old 08-04-2017, 07:45 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Well, he's not going to jail for jacking up medication prices.
no-- but evil will get theirs

Old 08-04-2017, 07:52 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/progres...n-shkreli/amp/

He gave donation to the party of crooks
If you mean the Democrats, isn't it fairly common knowledge that Trump has done the same?

Old 08-04-2017, 09:01 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
The autism defense didn't work for Shkreli. Dang.

I guess this may be a lesson to the parents of an autistic child? Don't let them drive the car out past the driveway or they'll take you to God knows where?

I's not slamming his parents, or any who have an autistic child. I don't believe Shkreli is actually very affected by the syndrome; if he is, he's on the very border edge of the spectrum.

I know a few kids and their parents, and they all need some lifelong guidance, care and attention, even when they are very highly functional. If Shkreli is truly autistic, I don't fault his parents.
We are all still learning a lot about it every day, and back when he was a child, there really wasn't as much knowledge then as there is now. I'm sure they did their best, with the best of intentions.

But Shkreli looks, talks, and acts like a 2-bit con man. I've known a few of those too, and I know how they can find colorful excuses that get them off the hook for their con man ways. It's part of their game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies