Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 10:24 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times

Advertisements

The Virginian-Pilot reports that Bob Heghmann, a retired attorney in Virginia Beach, filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court on Thursday. The suit blasts the Republican Party, saying it "has been engaged in a pattern of Racketeering which involves massive fraud perpetrated on Republican voters and contributors as well as some Independents and Democrats."
Heghmann's suit alleges that both the national and state GOP raised millions of dollars from 2009 to 2016 by promising to repeal ObamaCare, but that Republicans knew they would be unable to repeal the law when former President Obama won reelection in 2012.
The suit references comments made by former Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) when he said it was "clear ... [that] ObamaCare is the law of the land" following Obama's reelection.
Republican donor sues GOP for fraud over ObamaCare repeal failure

Interesting to see if he will win his lawsuit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 10:27 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Cool.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:32 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
[QUOTE[/url] Interesting to see if he will win his lawsuit.[/quote]

He wont win.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:34 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,578,218 times
Stop posting this over and over

Old 08-05-2017, 10:35 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The Virginian-Pilot reports that Bob Heghmann, a retired attorney in Virginia Beach, filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court on Thursday. The suit blasts the Republican Party, saying it "has been engaged in a pattern of Racketeering which involves massive fraud perpetrated on Republican voters and contributors as well as some Independents and Democrats."
Heghmann's suit alleges that both the national and state GOP raised millions of dollars from 2009 to 2016 by promising to repeal ObamaCare, but that Republicans knew they would be unable to repeal the law when former President Obama won reelection in 2012.
The suit references comments made by former Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) when he said it was "clear ... [that] ObamaCare is the law of the land" following Obama's reelection.
Republican donor sues GOP for fraud over ObamaCare repeal failure

Interesting to see if he will win his lawsuit.
ROTFLMAO!
A lawsuit worthy of Trump himself!

Old 08-05-2017, 11:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Well, good on him for actually doing something. I'd love to see him be able to subpoena McConnell and get him on a stand.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:01 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Hopefully sets a precedent for suing other office holders who dont follow through on camapign promises.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:18 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Hopefully sets a precedent for suing other office holders who dont follow through on camapign promises.
It's an oral contract is it not? It's on record. Support me and I will (fill in the blank). If they do not why shouldn't we be able to sue them for breach of contract?

Yes, it sounds like an excellent precedent. To cut down on costs we can do a class action suit.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:18 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
I wonder how long it will take before someone posts that it was a Democrat/Liberal stunt because Hillary lost.

Wait for it...........

Old 08-05-2017, 12:46 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Actually this is pretty revealing.

I came to a similar conclusion about them on three other issues:

#1 - Abortion. A very useful fund-raising tool. If they ever actually accomplish anything they will lose the tool, so they spew a lot of rhetoric but never actually do anything about it. I have been waiting three decades.

#2 - Gun rights. They have been claiming someone or another wants to take our guns. No they aren't, not really. It's a bunch of bull-pie used to stimulate the base, there has never been an action proposed to take away people's firearms and no president of either party had the ability to do so, much less the intent. It is all scare mongering.

#3 - Balancing the budget. We have a history of cutting government spending on the argument of balancing the budget. I was always for it. Then the SOB's voted themselves big tax breaks for the wealthy. And the process starts all over again, with the same result! We can't ever actually balance that budget because they need the argument.

There are other examples, anyone can think of them, I don't have the time or inclination to get into it now.

These are just wedge issues used by the party to divide the electorate. If they are ever resolved the party would lose important fund-raising tools and volunteer recruiting tools, so they just hang out there ... interminably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies