Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 05:21 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Ah, there is the melding the left is trying to make. Presumably most people would associate the term white supremacists with hate groups like the Nazi's and KKK. Fair enough, as I would also.
Anyone can be a "nationalist", as having America's interest first has nothing to do with race.
However, now any group of predominately white protests/rallies against illegal aliens or some other liberal cause, and the term "white nationalist" is being used, as if it is interchangeable with supremacists.

Needless to say the two are not the same, and we should not allow the false narrative of the leftist to equate the two as if they are one in the same.

`
That's what I'm still trying to figure out. When did the words Nationalist and Supremacist become the same thing? The dictionary has two very different definitions of those words. Most Americans according to the correct definition are Nationalist, meaning putting your country first has nothing to do with race.
I wish people would stop making up their own definitions of words to suit their agenda especially the media that should know better.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:26 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
It goes against their narrative. They have to have someone to blame, make the enemy for their forces to rally around.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:28 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
"why do liberals act like white supremacy is such a massive problem in the United States?"

Same reason conservatives exaggerate how far left radicals are a massive problem. When you think about it, all these radical groups are pretty low in numbers. Most people just want to get along and enjoy their lives.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:43 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, I do not denounce both sides. If you come into a town bearing Nazi symbols, wearing riot gear and carrying loaded weapons, and run around with torches terrifying people in the middle of the night, and have filth like David Duke spouting hate-filled rhetoric --- you are inciting violence. This goes far beyond free speech. I do not condemn the people fighting hate---I do not condemn them fighting back against the white nationalists. There is no moral equivalency. There are two sides here. One side was in the WRONG. One side also killed a young woman and seriously injured 19 others. They are not equivalent!
The speech of the White Nationalists is the most protected form of speech because it is offensive. You and I don't have to like it but they have every right to say it. Both sides were equally guilty of inciting hate and violence. The guy that killed that woman by running over her will be prosecuted and likely put to death for murder but the other side is culpable for also inciting violence. I don't pick and choose which side is free to commit violence like you, all who committed violence are culpable under the law and morally.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:47 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
No, I do not denounce both sides. If you come into a town bearing Nazi symbols, wearing riot gear and carrying loaded weapons, and run around with torches terrifying people in the middle of the night, and have filth like David Duke spouting hate-filled rhetoric --- you are inciting violence. This goes far beyond free speech. I do not condemn the people fighting hate---I do not condemn them fighting back against the white nationalists. There is no moral equivalency. There are two sides here. One side was in the WRONG. One side also killed a young woman and seriously injured 19 others. They are not equivalent!
Thank you! I am so sick of the weasel speak. Both sides are not equally culpable, and it's well past time for our chicken**** president to pull up his big boy pants and say as much.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:47 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Even one white supremacist is too many. No race should go around thinking it's better than any other race. I thought we had gotten beyond that quite a long time ago.

I'm white and so are most of my friends but we are not under the illusion that there is any war against us. We don't need KKK or any other loony group of weirdos to fight or protest for our rights. The normal people of all races are going to get on with their lives.
"Looney group of weirdos ".

That says it all. White Supremacy is not a real problem, just a political tool/boogeyman for liberals.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:48 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"why do liberals act like white supremacy is such a massive problem in the United States?"

Same reason conservatives exaggerate how far left radicals are a massive problem. When you think about it, all these radical groups are pretty low in numbers. Most people just want to get along and enjoy their lives.
Muslim radicals kill thousands per year. That's is a huge problem.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:53 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Thank you! I am so sick of the weasel speak. Both sides are not equally culpable, and it's well past time for our chicken**** president to pull up his big boy pants and say as much.
You both nailed it.

Trump is not going denounce the Unite the Right White folks. It's his base.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:59 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Because it's too difficult to discuss the hate and violence in Democrat controlled cities like Chicago, Baltimore and St Louis.

There were a bunch of people killed and wounded in Chicago just yesterday. Plenty of hate there but they ignore because it's their base.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:23 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Even one white supremacist is too many. No race should go around thinking it's better than any other race. I thought we had gotten beyond that quite a long time ago.

I'm white and so are most of my friends but we are not under the illusion that there is any war against us. We don't need KKK or any other loony group of weirdos to fight or protest for our rights. The normal people of all races are going to get on with their lives.
So you claim to be a white person, part of a group of white people, and to have rights? That alone is enough to get you in trouble with elements of the regressive left. You are already guilty of whitesplaining...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies