Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 05:57 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
The unrest btw the US and NK, Virginia protests, with all the ordeal going on, what are some good news? Let's hear some positive things
The GDP of the United States is at its highest level in history. Higher than any country in history.

Not so bad, if you think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 05:58 PM

17 posts, read 48,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
The unrest btw the US and NK, Virginia protests, with all the ordeal going on, what are some good news? Let's hear some positive things
One word. Perspective!
The unrest in NK has been going on for years. Kim Jong-un isn't likely suicidal. I was not old enough to have lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis but that was far, far worse! I'd be much more worried if it were China we were trading threats with.

The Virginia protests? Be thankful we have freedom of speech! It's what our soldiers fought and died for. Most of us disagree with hate speech but we have the right to peaceful assembly nonetheless. Be glad you don't live somewhere like NK where you can be rounded up and made to disappear if you voice the wrong opinion.

Study history. You will see that in many cases, we look at the past with rose colored glasses because it's in the rear view mirror and we survived it. The future is uncertain so it's scary and we look at the 24/7 non-stop news and think the world is going to hell in a handbasket when this is likely the greatest time in human history to be alive, with the most opportunities and a quality of life our ancestors, even RECENT ancestors and in many cases our parents could have only dreamed of.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:00 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Squirrels are actually pretty intelligent. They are good problem solvers. They drives my pups nuts.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:07 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Okay, so I posted a list of happy things in my life, but the truth is that I've been in a bit of a blue funk lately; therefore, as previously stated, I am very grateful to have had the chance to count my blessings and read about yours, too. Anyway, my sweet husband sometimes shows me funny things on the internet to brighten my mood when I dwell on the negative, as has been the case over the past couple of days. Today, he showed me this. I laughed until I cried. Oh dear me, the horror of combining poop with a Roomba.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:10 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Our month-long heatwave has broken and the wind shifted, taking the bad forest-fire smoke away. There's been some rain that has helped the firefighters. With luck, we may get to see the Perseid Meteor Shower tonight and the eclipse next week.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:10 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Okay, so I posted a list of happy things in my life, but the truth is that I've been in a bit of a blue funk lately; therefore, as previously stated, I am very grateful to have had the chance to count my blessings and read about yours, too. Anyway, my sweet husband sometimes shows me funny things on the internet to brighten my mood when I dwell on the negative, as has been the case over the past couple of days. Today, he showed me this. I laughed until I cried. Oh dear me, the horror of combining poop with a Roomba.
We had the poop roomba experience two months ago with our puppy. My wife texted me right after it happened and I couldn't stop laughing. It was a disaster. It happened under the pool table which made it even more difficult to clean.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:13 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Quote:
I was shopping for a Roomba on Amazon a few weeks ago and one of the reviewers left a very detailed review of his own similar experience. I laughed SO hard!

Old 08-13-2017, 06:14 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
I'm officially in remission. Yay!
My husband landed a great job after an unexpected lay-off.
Our community swim team was named league champion.
Eldest has a terrific new girlfriend.
Middle child was admitted to her first choice university.
Youngest is learning how to drive and doing just great.
Garden is thriving. Tomatoes galore.
Bills are paid and the fridge is full.
Enchiladas are baking in the oven. Mmmmmmm.
Now this is all good.

Congrats on the remission...and on the job for your husband.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:14 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I was shopping for a Roomba on Amazon a few weeks ago and one of the reviewers left a very detailed review of his own similar experience. I laughed SO hard!
My wife had to take it apart and clean it piece by piece.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:15 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
So apparently this is not an uncommon event?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies