Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you be a good person and a member of the kkk/nazis?
Yes 13 8.23%
No 145 91.77%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 10:59 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No fail. Hillary considered Byrd a close friend and mentor. He was a member of the klan. In fact, he was a top officer.
So Byrd would be a great example of being what I stated in the OP as redeemable. Is he currently a member? No. So he CAN be redeemed! See how that works? It ain't so hard. Especially when he has worked hard to repudiate them since leaving. People can find redemption. And not just from their god but from society too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 10:59 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Trump said there are good nazis and KKK members.
Link to the transcript showing that please. I watched both of Trump's speeches live and didn't hear it.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

If you are referencing this Charlottesville Trump speech that "biggunssmallbrains" does, you have either been duped by the MSM, which distorts or you are lying like he is. The transcript clearly proves Trump was not praising KKK members as good people.
He said there were "fine people" marching on both sides. He did not say all the people marching under the swastika were "fine people" but he said some were. Someone who voluntarily marches under the swastika is not a fine person. If they were there for other reasons (like protesting the take-down of statues), then they had the option to walk away from the march when they realized it was something different.

They chose to continue to march under the swastika. Trump chose not only to not condemn them, but to call them "fine people". That is not disputable.

The above is fact, below is my opinion which I guess is disputable, but I don't see how:

My opinion is that if he called people marching under the swastika "fine people" that one would have to believe his candid, unscripted words in his address #1 and during the news conference, and would have to say that they carry more weight than the scripted message he read where he actually condemned hate. It's opinion, but that, paired with his pictures of posing with his KKK parents, his history of racial discrimination in his early real-estate, his history of lying and cheating, it's my opinion that he was not sincere when he condemned hate, rather he did it to save his political ass. I guess maybe he's getting the hang of this politician gig after all....

Old 08-18-2017, 11:05 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Trump said there are good nazis and KKK members.

Must have missed this one, do you have a link ?

Old 08-18-2017, 11:07 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Can you be a good person and be a racist at the same time? Can you be a good person while hating 75% of the world?

I don't think so.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:09 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I took what he said to mean there were good people there who who protesting the statue removal. You can be a good person and hold that opinion.
that is the way I took it as well. He was pretty clear about it anyway.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:16 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I'll stop you right there. First of all, ALL KKK types are radical, so that is redundant. While it is true that some BLM people have become radicalized, it is not the norm. Most are there fighting real or perceived injustice, and you are spreading mis-truth by equivocating the BLM movement to the KKK.

One cannot be a member of an organization who's goal is death to a group of people based on race or religion. If you are a member of the KKK, by definition, that is who you are.

If you are part of BLM, you "might" also have those views, and you would therefore not be a good person, but involvement in BLM by definition, does not require you to have similar views.

Summary: If you are a member of KKK, you cannot be a good person.
If you are a participant (or member) of BLM, then you may or may not be a good person.
Post of the day.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:16 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I took what he said to mean there were good people there who who protesting the statue removal. You can be a good person and hold that opinion.
If that were true, and if they were good people, then wouldn't they have separated themselves from the others, that they claimed to know nothing of?

I mean, OK, you're there to protest the removal, and a bunch of Nazi's show up, and march under the swastika. You basically have three choices:

Join them
Don't join them (ignore them and disassociate yourself)
Stand up and denounce them

I've got an open mind, but I can't call anyone who marches under a swastika and chants antisemetic phrases a good person under ANY circumstance. I go further, and will say that anyone who can justify this behavior also lacks moral boundries. it is not OK.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:20 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Anther Trick Question. One could have good points, however when one does not respect people and wish harm that erases any good merits.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:23 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Since Trump said there are good people on both sides of the Charlottesville protest/attack I am posing the question is it possible to be a good person while being a member of the nazis or kkk? For me the answer is you may be redeemable but you can not be a good person and a nazi or klansman.
Who said one side had only nazis or kkk members?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies