Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 10:00 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,435 times

Advertisements

I'm particularly interested in the replies from trump supporters who consider themselves American loving patriots.
How do you define that term?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 10:02 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
A patriot to me is someone who loves the country, flag and what it stands for regardless of the political party in charge.

-A Trump supporter

Old 08-25-2017, 10:20 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
A patriot to me is someone who loves the country, flag and what it stands for regardless of the political party in charge.

-A Trump supporter
It's a shame that Trump himself does not stand for that.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:22 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
I'm particularly interested in the replies from trump supporters who consider themselves American loving patriots.
Patriotism is adhering to the Constitution and loving all Americans be they black, white supremacist, Asian, Hispanic, black supremacist, white liberal, gay, straight...

Old 08-25-2017, 10:39 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Patriotism for USA isn't a love of the person who holds the position of President. It means supporting our nation's Constitution, especially the Bill of Rights, and our nation's laws. It also means providing support for those defending our country in the military, police, and fire fighters. This doesn't mean supporting the individuals in these groups when they do wrong. It means not demonizing the people in these groups for the wrongful actions of a few individuals. No, our laws and constitution are not perfect which is why a set of instructions were included on the procedure to "amend the constitution" or revise or repeal laws. Amending the constitution was made difficult with the intention of preventing tyranny of centralized government. Instead, lawmakers have worked around this limitation by granting legal powers to government agencies enacting regulations enforceable by law. Most conservatives support the country regardless of the political party of the US president. We won't burn the American flag even when Carter, Clinton, and Obama were president. We support our nation's military and police regardless of who is president. I vividly remember th hatred directed towards our military from college campuses and areas of the northeast and northwest parts of the country. I also remember those same areas having spats of businesses refusing to serve police officers and military service members from 2003 to 2008. The vandalism of ROTC buildings and military recruitment stations seemed to end after Obama was elected. Military and country didn't change. The perception of our country by liberals changed by merely electing a Democrat as president.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:18 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
all in the pledge I took once ...for life...

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Old 08-26-2017, 07:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
While every one professes to be a patriot its odd that many on the right hate half of their fellow Americans who happen to believe in liberal political beliefs, to the point they view them as enemies IMO whether you are liberal or conservative you are equally American. .

Old 08-26-2017, 07:54 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
Quote:

Trump's American patriots wear Nazi and KKK gear, carry torches, promote racism, break court orders, and mow down other American's with their cars.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:03 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Patriotism for USA isn't a love of the person who holds the position of President. It means supporting our nation's Constitution, especially the Bill of Rights, and our nation's laws. It also means providing support for those defending our country in the military, police, and fire fighters. This doesn't mean supporting the individuals in these groups when they do wrong. It means not demonizing the people in these groups for the wrongful actions of a few individuals. No, our laws and constitution are not perfect which is why a set of instructions were included on the procedure to "amend the constitution" or revise or repeal laws. Amending the constitution was made difficult with the intention of preventing tyranny of centralized government. Instead, lawmakers have worked around this limitation by granting legal powers to government agencies enacting regulations enforceable by law. Most conservatives support the country regardless of the political party of the US president. We won't burn the American flag even when Carter, Clinton, and Obama were president. We support our nation's military and police regardless of who is president. I vividly remember th hatred directed towards our military from college campuses and areas of the northeast and northwest parts of the country. I also remember those same areas having spats of businesses refusing to serve police officers and military service members from 2003 to 2008. The vandalism of ROTC buildings and military recruitment stations seemed to end after Obama was elected. Military and country didn't change. The perception of our country by liberals changed by merely electing a Democrat as president.
would have just been easier for you to type:
Patriotic Trump supporter-fully support any and all transgressions of the constitution so long as its my guy/s committing them.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:11 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
would have just been easier for you to type:
Patriotic Trump supporter-fully support any and all transgressions of the constitution so long as its my guy/s committing them.
Provide list of things Trump has done in violation of the US Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies