Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 07:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,643,329 times

Advertisements

A huge part in ending WW2 was that Japan was NEVER again to have an Army, thats a pretty big deal to go back and break that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 07:43 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I feel many people are taking this too lightly. And of course others may be seen as taking this too seriously, me being one of them.
What's the sense of worrying about something you have absolutely no chance of doing anything about?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:43 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,716,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well one could go that way.

or one could recognize that DPRK has been marching down this road for 30 years at least and the American approach has been to cave over and over and over. To plead with China to help all to no avail.

I don't know if this will work, but I do know that doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result is just insanity.
I guess this is exactly where I come down on this situation. We've tried everything else and nothing has worked. Sanction upon sanction over the years and it doesn't matter one bit. Kim still lives in luxury, it's just his people who starve. He's fat and happy....as the pictures show with his chubby cheeks always smiling.

Trump is acting juvenile with his statements to and about Kim Jong Un.....but perhaps it's the only language Kim understands since he himself is a egotistical juvenile leader who rules his country with the threat of terror to anyone who even breathes a word of dissent.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:45 AM

25,858 posts, read 16,565,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
A huge part in ending WW2 was that Japan was NEVER again to have an Army, thats a pretty big deal to go back and break that up.
My Dad fought in that war. But the Japanese are different people now and we shared our blame in making them into what they became.

Only my opinion but there is no reason to compare that era to this. The Japanese want what we want and I believe a strong, armed Japan makes the US stronger and more secure.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:46 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,840,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think the culture has changed enough at this point to start removing those WW2 restrictions. Japan is a close ally and "NEVER" is a very long time. They are not about to go back to imperialism under a "god emperor" any time soon. That's the thing about, ironically, North Korea style "god kings" - when the delusion is sufficiently crushed you can't really put that genie back in the bottle. So I agree with the OP on this idea, at least on removing WW2 military restrictions. I don't think we should just give them weapons for free but I don't see a reason not to sell to them or trade them for various diplomatic reasons.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:47 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,127,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Thank you! That made my morning!

Just hilarious!

How many morning have I came to see President Trump in bed with Kim Jr. according to the deluded and now this.

Well, if Trump is a "dotard", Hillary is a "don'ttard",and thankfully, we didn't! Just too funny.

What this OP represents is the dying resistant having nothing of substance when it comes to their continued sour grapes over Trump being elected. All we can do is appreciate the humor they bring us on a daily basis these days!
Donny Dotard is so childish. Trading insults with KJU makes us look so trivial and dotards bots support this wacky behavior. Don't worry though, this Putin appointed US POTUS will be removed from office when Mueller presents the results of his investigation. We'll have Pence for 2+ years and then GOP will get unceremoniously ousted in 2020.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:48 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,514,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I guess this is exactly where I come down on this situation. We've tried everything else and nothing has worked. Sanction upon sanction over the years and it doesn't matter one bit. Kim still lives in luxury, it's just his people who starve. He's fat and happy....as the pictures show with his cubby cheeks always smiling.

Trump is acting juvenile with his statements to and about Kim Jong Un.....but perhaps it's the only language Kim understands since he himself is a egotistical juvenile leader who rules his country with the threat of terror to anyone who even breathes a word of dissent.
so why keep imposing them? Sanctions only hurt the little people, the elite ruling class always gets theirs.
When we impose sanctions that deny a population access to food, medical supplies, etc, we are complicit in the abuse.
Forcing our businesses and other countries not to trade is an act of aggression and politicians ought to stop it.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:49 AM

25,858 posts, read 16,565,660 times
Kim Jong Un is a world leader?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:50 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think the Japanese are ready, there will be no one telling anyone what to do.
I believe to arm the Japanese with our latest defense tech and nuclear weapons. Have them build a million man, highly trained army."

Sure sounds like attempting to control them to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How would we feel if we depended upon a distant country to protect us but our enemy was launching missiles at us/ over us/ to the side of us and threatened nuclear war at the same time?

Silly question, we don't depend "upon a distant country to protect us".

Old 09-22-2017, 07:50 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,039,083 times
Lil' Kimmie is a world leader? Who knew!

Clue: He's the dictator of a very small bunch of rejects and retards. He's most definitely NOT a world leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies