Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 01:56 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
So had the drug users not been arrested and convicted they would have stayed in the home parenting responsibly? And provided a stable environment for their offspring?

the issue is about the fake "War on drugs" targeting blacks and not everyone. Even when some whites got caught with drugs, the sentences were different. Now that whites are going through a drug crisis, have you noticed all the decriminalization of drugs? Same issue treated two different ways. Context.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:57 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Have you spent much time with these drug users?
um no lol

Quote:
I don't agree with the war on drugs because it was an obscene amount of money thrown at something that would not work anyway.
Agreed. It should be ended. When it involves adults, no ones rights have been violated.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:58 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I asked you the same thing. You answered and were wrong. Not out of wedlock, but single parent. Another poster brought up part of it. The war on drugs has hurt, slightly but it has hurt.
Ok....I am trying my hardest to work with you. Single parent homes then. Why the rate difference between blacks and whites? You are giving me pieces but its not adding up to 100%. We are trying to account for the differential and you said that the war on drugs played a slight role in creating the differential. What is a slight role.....10%? Then explain the other 90% of the differential.

Quote:
Why ask me since I'm not implying inferiority? That's just something else you've made up.
Should that matter? If you are asked how to get on a roof without using a ladder, it does not matter whether you have a ladder or not to answer the question.

Quote:
It's not liberalism, it's progressivism that's the problem.
You do inadvertantly bring up a point. Blacks aren't individuals when it comes to politics.
Why would blacks be more susceptible to fall for "progressivism" than whites, assuming equal intellectual ability? Should it not impact whites the same?

Old 09-08-2017, 02:00 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Again you made up the rehab part. Not even a nice try.

Jim Crow laws have nothing to do with single parenthood but do have an impact as far as the the economic gap imo. Stands to reason the ones who were economically affected dont have money so their kids didn't. Money leads to more opportunities. Each generation though the Jim Crow Laws have less and less impact.

You still haven't done much explaining in CONTEXT.

crime and povery go hand in hand. This has been proven. Less opportunity=turn to crime. Less money=rob a store. No money for a car=steal one. No food=steal food.

Nice try again.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:01 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
That's just something you;ve made up and don't have any proof of. Why believe you when you've been wrong too often and have an agenda that doesn't include the truth?

Just another flawed attempt to deflect from discussing policy. Progressive policies are known failures so lets falsely play the race card.
You do not have proof that its not true. The truth is I don't KNOW what is in the mind of anyone but myself and therefore you are correct. What I do know is what I witness of conservative arguments on this forum.

So tell me, as a conservative, is racism that liberals talk about a REAL problem in America? Lets take a poll and see who does and does not know what they are talking about.

This is when conservatives generally tap out of a debate. They know if they keep going.....what will be revealed will be incriminating. They will then give themselves an out to save face.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:10 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
What power do blacks have over whites systematically in the US? I'm guessing your going to mention individual crimes that blacks end up going to prison for. Power would be blacks routinely harming whites and not being convicted. That's power. You're most likely talking about individuals crimes though.

Blacks have the ability to fail consistently using just about every conceivable standard used to measure failure and still receive state mandated preferential treatment over whites because they are able to advance the myth of white racism over the reality of black failure.

Since it is culturally taboo to state the real reasons blacks have the self-inflicted wounds that they do, aren't whites powerless to defend themselves against false accusations of racism?

How is that not the systemic exercise of governmental and societal power by blacks over whites?

Old 09-08-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
the issue is about the fake "War on drugs" targeting blacks and not everyone. Even when some whites got caught with drugs, the sentences were different. Now that whites are going through a drug crisis, have you noticed all the decriminalization of drugs? Same issue treated two different ways. Context.
No whites aren't going through a drug crisis. That's another thing you've made up.

Conservatives have been the ones pushing to end the war on drugs. Less government. In 2008 and 2012 only one presidential candidate, a republican, made ending the ear on drugs part of his agenda.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You do not have proof that its not true.
LMAO of course it's true.
Big government involvement in Education, health care, the war on drugs, never ending wars in the Middle East. Your posts are getting worse and worse.

Quote:
The truth is I don't KNOW what is in the mind of anyone but myself and therefore you are correct. What I do know is what I witness of conservative arguments on this forum.
Not witnessed. Again you made that up. Posters don't see racism nearly as much as you do. That's on you.

Quote:
So tell me, as a conservative, is racism that liberals talk about a REAL problem in America? Lets take a poll and see who does and does not know what they are talking about.
Then you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Again you see racism too often.

Quote:
This is when conservatives generally tap out of a debate.
No they don't. This is something else you made up.

Quote:
They know if they keep going.....what will be revealed will be incriminating. They will then give themselves an out to save face.
Hasn't happened and again you have no proof.

The reason you have little credibilty on this is the fact that you didn't call out democratic leadership for their bigotry during the last administration. It's not that he dems are bigots, it's just that they elect them.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:22 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Conservatives believe that racism does not exist......AS A REAL PROBLEM, which is, for all intents and purposes, like saying that it does not exist.
The all in or all out position? Either conservatives agree with the left completely or it means they disagree completely?
Racism exists in the country. No question about it. Pretty sure that it exists in every country on the planet. Pretty sure that every race has it's share of haters that hate anyone outside of their own race too. Do whites have the highest percentage of racists? I don't know. How does one qualify it?
Is the USA the most racist western country?
Well we do have black, Asian, and Hispanic members of congress. We have had a black President. Which European country can make the same claim?
I don't think racism is our biggest problem. It is one of the biggest excuses to explain why some succeed and some don't.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:23 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Criminal drug use and dealing are the main offenses in a jacket which coincides with gangbanging. Recidivism is also high because they cannot make it on the outside. It's easier to just go back than try to make it legally in the world. These are the people that are in prison and they fully admit it when you talk to them in a setting where there is nothing to be gained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies