Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 12:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Rx-ush is hunkered down, stocked up with food and Oxy. He's too heavy for Irma to move anyway.
You have a point there.

Kudos to Trump for ignoring Rush's idiocy. Hopefully, more and more people will follow suit, and Rush will be reduced to what he's always really been - the crazy guy waving his arms and yelling on the street corner.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:37 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
I think there's some truth to what Rush says, but Trump was wise to evacuate his home. He's responsible for his employees and their families.

I'm always amused by the likes of Brian Williams (and all the idiotic fake news babblers) standing in 2" of water wearing hip boots up to their navels. There's no way of knowing if it's video-shopped. They've been caught too many times standing in front of screens instead of being live, on the scene. They must think we're stupid. And approximately half of America is.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:38 PM

993 posts, read 767,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Why exactly would it be "legally impossible" to broads from his Florida location?
It's not. Well it is, but the fine is minimal. It's certainly not a felony.

Here's my question. Why isn't he willing to pay the fine and stick out Irma? What better way to make his point....that the government and "official" meteorologists are lying about Irma's intensity? He'll show up high and dry and there you have it. Government is lying.

Why does he have to run? The hurricane is a big nothing, right?

Surely he could have commandeered enough generators to broadcast his show Monday. He's a wealthy man. What's a little fine and legal fees to him?

Unless of course he got caught in his evil, damaging lies about weather coverage. But as another poster said, his listeners will believe him at the detriment of their own lives.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:39 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
L.M.A.O!

How embarrassing!

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/906144438916931584

Old 09-08-2017, 12:41 PM

993 posts, read 767,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
That is a good question. However, being the charitable person that I am, I shall assume that Mr. Limbaugh meant that he is in a zone in which there is mandatory evacuation.

He does live in Palm Beach, and one article states that he broadcasts from the third floor of a building that is very, very close to the coastline (100 yards or such), which building is one mile from his home. Palm Beach is, I believe, under mandatory evacuation orders.

However, it was an odd way for Rush to explain his departure, implying that he did not want to leave, but that the "liberals" in charge were making him do so, no doubt so as to prevent his enlightening the public of this Liberal Hurricane Conspiracy.
I believe the fine is minimal if you don't obey a mandatory evacuation. He can afford it. What better way to make his point than to ride out the storm? He didn't have to leave. No one is forcing him. He could have stayed. Others are.

Could it be he knows he was lying?

Old 09-08-2017, 12:42 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
He obviously irritates all of you. Therefore he must be hitting close to home with the truth about your liberal/progressive FAILURE. GO RUSH!

Old 09-08-2017, 12:44 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
^ Deflection 101.

Rush embarrassed himself. Bigly. I's okay.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:46 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He obviously irritates all of you. Therefore he must be hitting close to home with the truth about your liberal/progressive FAILURE. GO RUSH!
OH please people will get hurt and die and loose a lot = f truth my >> he is an first class IDIOT- hope he has no home to return to in My state

Old 09-08-2017, 12:46 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort evacuated in face of Hurricane Irma

US President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate was evacuated along with the rest of the exclusive town of Palm Beach as Hurricane Irma threatened South Florida with catastrophic winds.

Authorities on the barrier island that is home to Trump's so-called "winter White House" ordered a mandatory evacuation on Thursday.

Trump has allowed MarALago to be evacuated in the face of the supposed threat that not only does Hurricane Irma exist but that this imaginary hurricane might actually cause damage. As the Big Bad Wolf might say, "I'll huff and I'll puff..."

However, patriot and man with nerves of steel, Rush Limbaugh has been working hard to soothe the frazzled nerves of those supposedly under threat from this fake news of a storm. During his Monday monologue Limbaugh had this to say:

“The reason that I am leery of forecasts this far out, folks, is because I see how the system works,” Limbaugh said, alluding to alleged conspiracies against President Donald J. Trump. “Hurricane Harvey and the TV pictures that accompany that go a long way to helping further and create the panic.”

If only Failing CNN had covered Ivanka's special fall line-up of alligator skin stilettos (guaranteed to protect the wearer from any storm surge of up to 50 feet or more) instead of jaunting off to Houston to film the exploits of the Cajun Navy. But for the Free Press (which should be eliminated), Donald Trump (and the rest of us - except that we citizens don't count) would have known better than to fall prey to yet one more conspiracy.

The Failing WaPo and the Failing New York Times are hardly innocent of spreading uncalled for concern in the face of Category 4 and Category 5 hurricanes either. Still, this should not have mattered since Trump gets all his news from Fox and Friends and all the good people on both sides at Stormfront - OK, maybe this one time he should have resisted checking in with StormFront. Whatever the source of his fake news, Trump has inadvertently let loose a shock wave of panic among his faithful as they scramble to buy bottled war and gas for their cars.

All's not lost, however. Kellyanne Conway has announced that should the fake need arise, MarALago will open as a public shelter just in case fake storm Irma is photoshopped and pictures of fake flooding are put up by the lying liberal media.

Stay safe those of you in the region where Irma is lied to possibly hit. When your cars and homes are under water, just remember it's all a hoax, and you'll feel much better just like Rush.
Funny stuff!

Rush is kind of a dweeb and pretty predictable. I didn't know people still tuned in.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:50 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Way to stand by your convictions, Rush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies