Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 01:29 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you know a major news outlet that is financed by someone's lemonade stand or paper route instead of by billionaire investors, we'd all love to hear it.

I can tell you've never read Breitbart, because of your silly comments. You are close minded. Did you know that many mainstream news people read Breitbart? Politicians in DC read it and offer exclusive interviews, more so now that Bannon is the Executive Chair again. Politico named him the number one influential person in politics in their annual list. He knows 'the players' in DC on a personal level unlike the typical news hack. He doesn't write the stories. His multicultural, diverse staff of writers do.

Bannon is a political strategist. If you want to know more watch 60 Minutes tomorrow because he will be interviewed by Charlie Rose in two different segments. Big ratings! Even more people will read Breitbart as a result. You will certainly be better informed than you are now. Think you can handle it?

Sorry, don't mean to laugh at you but I can't help it. Most of us who prefer independent news sources used to read and watch propaganda (you call it mainstream) media until we realized something very disturbing was happening. No reporting of the news. It was all opinions and commentary pushing an agenda disguised as news, much of it censored. So we went looking elsewhere because we are intelligent and like to be informed. I read everything with skepticism.
I read Breitbart..but not for news, which I get off the wire..but for the commentary and to suss out where that segment of the country is at. I suspect that that is the same reason many read it. Many takes are needed sometimes, before a news items significance becomes clear. Everybody spins..up to the consumer to make sense of it all. Breitbart is unapologetic about their bias..which is refreshing.

I will note...CBS, in the person of Charlie Rose, is interviewing Bannon..and not the reverse. This shows the relative positions they have in the media world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 01:42 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
When I step away from "news" whether from mainstream or alternative sources and head to the library to pick up a volume on whatever strikes my fancy, I end up feeling better informed than if I'd spent the same amount of time watching TV, reading a newsite or newspaper, or scanning the forums. It's a good sign that I'm ready for that annual sabbatical, because clearly my brain needs a break. But now is not great timing for that, so my solution will be to have my husband set a timer on the router next time he leaves town for work, so my access to the internet is limited. (Yes, I actually do this occasionally.) It frees up my brain to spend time on more edifying subjects.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:41 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
And yet CNN and MSNBC's ratings and gains have soared since the election. Wonder who's watching. . . .

The media is pushing an agenda. Everybody, except perhaps Hollywood, knows it and doesn't care.

MSNBC, CNN see huge gains in first quarter ratings | TheHill

Old 09-09-2017, 03:45 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Nah, it's the media.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:57 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
And yet CNN and MSNBC's ratings and gains have soared since the election. Wonder who's watching. . . .

The media is pushing an agenda. Everybody, except perhaps Hollywood, knows it and doesn't care.

MSNBC, CNN see huge gains in first quarter ratings | TheHill
HAHAHAHA...their ratings are up.....yea, what happened to Russia, Russia, Russia??!!

Yet more evidence that the sheep are brain dead. No wonder they don't care, nothings up there except lint!
They're waiting for the fake news media to cook-up the next scam, so they can watch it like a traffic wreck pile-up. Sad!

America's best days are past......

Old 09-09-2017, 04:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
HAHAHAHA...their ratings are up.....yea, what happened to Russia, Russia, Russia??!!

Yet more evidence that the sheep are brain dead. No wonder they don't care, nothings up there except lint!
They're waiting for the fake news media to cook-up the next scam, so they can watch it like a traffic wreck pile-up. Sad!

Sheep, you say.

Carry on.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:35 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post

Well..I grant you your perspective..and for some..their day may be past...but our country constantly reinvents itself..some ride the wave into the future..some drown.

BTW, I've found that people who view others as sheep rarely have anything of value to contribute.

The 'sheep' have very sharp teeth.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:47 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Feel better?
Just 1 post to prove the OP's point.

The best example I saw in this site was one guy saying he got bad grades in college because he was not a Democrat.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:44 PM

729 posts, read 429,553 times
Interesting.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:59 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Feel better?
Nope, they'll never get over losing to Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies