Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 08:46 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times

Advertisements

Prayers for the family ! The timing is weird, the boy took the firing too hard ? Sad sad -

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-09-2017 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: deleted reply to deleted content

Old 09-09-2017, 08:46 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,510,824 times
I've lost friends and family to suicide and each was equally agonising. I've watched my father make a dozen or so attempts over the years and still have nightmares over them. So for you people here to politicise this and score cheap political points just sickens me. Truly vile, disgusting behaviour on your parts and you should be ashamed for being so...evil.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:54 PM

17,341 posts, read 11,271,606 times
There's probably more to this which is personal to the family. Perhaps the young man has struggled for some time with mental illness and depression and the recent firing of his father put him over the edge. We don't know, at least I don't. Who can really say why someone so young with an entire life ahead of him decides to end it. Such a waste.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I sure hope the son was not harassed at school or by losers because of the recent news of his father's firing. That would be a sick sick thing.
Seems really doubtful - college? And it just happened.......his firing.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:58 PM

39,220 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Like my grief counselor said, "genetics seemed to have loaded the gun; environmental exposures very often pull that trigger." You can't blame a person or an incident for another person's suicide. It (suicide) is a complex matter.

I sincerely hope people can respect his family's boundary. Gossip and rumor only hurt the family more. You don't have to do it here.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:01 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Seems really doubtful - college? And it just happened.......his firing.
Really? With Twitter, FB, internet? People post news practically as it is posted on the internet here in this forum.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
There's probably more to this which is personal to the family. Perhaps the young man has struggled for some time with mental illness and depression and the recent firing of his father put him over the edge. We don't know, at least I don't. Who can really say why someone so young with an entire life ahead of him decides to end it. Such a waste.
There are often dark secrets within families - despite the "perfect" image they put forward. The possibilities are almost endless. Maybe this (dads) predatory behavior has been going on for years...and is known inside the family? Maybe it "caused" mental illness. Maybe it's as you suggest and the kid just was born that way.....

Maybe they will even find out it wasn't suicide (not confirmed medically yet).

Who knows? I do think we all like to find out, especially if it involves predatory behavior because we've had far too much of this in the circles of power in the last few years (and maybe longer - but we need to be done with it).

Old 09-09-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

But this is besides the point I was making. You have every right to dislike anyone you want. I dislike Rachel Maddow's opinions, but I respect her right to her opinions, as well as the fact that she is doing her job. This is a problem that people on both sides have these days. So much vitriol against people that think differently than they do.
Well, don't assume I ever bothered myself with the dude except to watch his smug face and listen to the drivel he spewed for 5 minutes. The only reason it comes up now is due to another tendency which might add to that - being a sexual predator.

If he turns out not to be - then I just turn the channel (don't watch TV anyway, but my old treadmill only had a few channels and I would have to turn past his mug).

But, rest assured, I don't spend any time thinking about him. He is irrelevant in a political and/or any other sense - just another guy making $$ dumping on the poor and dividing us.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:06 PM

17,341 posts, read 11,271,606 times
Quote:
There are often dark secrets within families - despite the "perfect" image they put forward. The possibilities are almost endless. Maybe this (dads) predatory behavior has been going on for years...and is known inside the family? Maybe it "caused" mental illness. Maybe it's as you suggest and the kid just was born that way.....

Maybe they will even find out it wasn't suicide (not confirmed medically yet).

Who knows? I do think we all like to find out, especially if it involves predatory behavior because we've had far too much of this in the circles of power in the last few years (and maybe longer - but we need to be done with it).
Please don't quote me since my post has nothing in it regarding his father and insinuations about "predatory behavior".
Your post is vile for even bringing that up right now. You should know better than to slander his father at this time. How low can you go?

Old 09-09-2017, 09:09 PM

18,464 posts, read 15,242,796 times
Quote:
Well, don't assume I ever bothered myself with the dude except to watch his smug face and listen to the drivel he spewed for 5 minutes. The only reason it comes up now is due to another tendency which might add to that - being a sexual predator.

If he turns out not to be - then I just turn the channel (don't watch TV anyway, but my old treadmill only had a few channels and I would have to turn past his mug).

But, rest assured, I don't spend any time thinking about him. He is irrelevant in a political and/or any other sense - just another guy making $$ dumping on the poor and dividing us.
Do you have a problem with the people who dump on wealthy people too? Are they not dividing us as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies