Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 05:15 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What does your rabbi think of Trump?
Only in the Ultra Orthodox Jewish communities does it matter what the Rabbi says as those are the communities that block vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 05:29 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Dang, no wonder Jews have a higher IQ than the rest of the population...
So, you are a big believer in IQ scores and that they are genetic?

How did the people of Africa view Obama and Trump?

I just want to know how someone like you that puts so much faith in these IQ scores feels about a high Jewish score would explain why a group with such a low score would essentially come to the same conclusions.

https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country#

You can see from the IQ map how Africa has the lowest IQ scores on the planet.

Personally, I have little faith in such scores, but since you have high confidence in them, I'd like to get your input.

So, why do you believe some of the smartest people on the planet, Jews, like Obama and dislike Trump while aligning with the dumbest, in terms of IQ scores, people on the planet, Africans, on this issue?

Old 09-14-2017, 05:36 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
I am jewish and was not asked what I thought for this poll. Neither were any of my fellow jews that i know..

Old 09-14-2017, 05:40 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Charlottesville probably didn't help his case.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:47 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you are a big believer in IQ scores and that they are genetic?

How did the people of Africa view Obama and Trump?

I just want to know how someone like you that puts so much faith in these IQ scores feels about a high Jewish score would explain why a group with such a low score would essentially come to the same conclusions.

https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country#

You can see from the IQ map how Africa has the lowest IQ scores on the planet.

Personally, I have little faith in such scores, but since you have high confidence in them, I'd like to get your input.

So, why do you believe some of the smartest people on the planet, Jews, like Obama and dislike Trump while aligning with the dumbest, in terms of IQ scores, people on the planet, Africans, on this issue?
I noticed that, as well. I'm not going to get into a discussion of who is smartest, other than to say that even a positive stereotype (Jews are smart, Asians are good at math) is a stereotype, and as such, offensive. Generalizations about a group's ability, based on race or ethnicity alone, are never a good thing, IMO.

As to the original post, I don't think it's any smarter to assume that all Jewish people are liberal than to assume that all Christians are conservative. There are other factors that come into play, and all are individuals.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:49 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Charlottesville probably didn't help his case.
Charlottesville is 80% liberal Democrat. Their Jews are mostly Reform, so it would not have made a difference with or without the incident of a few weeks ago.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:50 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am jewish and was not asked what I thought for this poll. Neither were any of my fellow jews that i know..
I know! I'm outraged. The disapproval rate would be closer to 100% in my Jewish social network and at my Jewish employer. Many are from NYC, so obviously their distaste for Trump goes back decades.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:00 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
You're not displaying our heritage here - 1,000 people were polled, there are many millions of Jews in the USA. Your counting methods seem Trump-like.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:03 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You're not displaying our heritage here - 1,000 people were polled, there are many millions of Jews in the USA. Your counting methods seem Trump-like.

You realize, that you created a topic, where you make a broad based generalization against an entire Religion in the USA.

i.e. "If you are Jewish, then you must think this way".

Didn't Hitler did exactly the same thing?

Old 09-14-2017, 07:09 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

As to the original post, I don't think it's any smarter to assume that all Jewish people are liberal than to assume that all Christians are conservative. There are other factors that come into play, and all are individuals.
Uh, there is a big difference in that Jews are better educated (in general - average) and that Jews are more well to do (as a result) and that Jews tend to be taught from an early age to think for themselves.

Christianity - as many practice it - is about submission (which Islam is also) to the priest, the scripture and other various forces. This is why Evangelicals need to go to special colleges and even strict catholics need to consult the Pope (although Catholics have become educated and therefore quite liberal).

"Of course we bicker. We're Jewish!
There are twice as many Yiddish words for 'argue' as for 'happy', and that's no coincidence"

This is Jewish Heritage and Culture - which is evident among most all Jews, even the vast majority who are not religious and don't attend services.

Debating "on one hand or the other" is our birthright. So it is OK to determine that Jews are anti-authoritarian by nature and spend a lot of time actually thinking about these things (Like Trump, etc.)...instead of just going along with the crowd.

Conservative Christians, almost by definition, vote for who the preacher or their peers tell them to. Do we really think Evangelicals thoughtfully voted for a serial adulterer who is nasty and mean to most every human being he meets? Who brags about grabbing women? I don't think so...
80% voted for Trump
78% voted for GW Bush AFTER the wars and getting a taste of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies