Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2017, 12:18 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,106,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In an email to Fox News late Sunday, Kelly responded by saying Congress did “nothing” to help so-called Dreamers when they had the chance.

“As far as the congressman and other irresponsible members of congress are concerned, they have the luxury of saying what they want as they do nothing and have almost no responsibility,” Kelly said. “They can call people liars but it would be inappropriate for me to say the same thing back at them. As my blessed mother used to say ‘empty barrels make the most noise.’”

He concluded, “The congressman has a right to his opinion.”

Kelly had advised the president to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program with a six-month wind-down, as announced last Tuesday.

Former President Barack Obama had created DACA via executive action, and both Democrats and Republicans have questioned the legality of the move even if they support the policy itself. Conservative voices are mostly unified in their view that Obama exceeded his constitutional authority by circumventing Congress. Even Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein said on MSNBC that the policy was on shaky legal ground, urging Congress to “pass a law.”

But the vocal and increasingly powerful left wing of the Democratic Party has been leading activist rallies across the country against the Trump decision on DACA.

In a statement last Tuesday, Gutierrez said Kelly “has no honor and should be drummed out of the White House along with the white supremacists and those enabling the President’s actions by ‘just following orders.’”

In announcing the DACA decision with a six-month delay, Trump urged Congress to come up with a legislative solution.

Kelly indicated he’s not getting his hopes up.

“Every DOJ and DHS lawyer says DACA is unconstitutional. Every other legal scholar - right and left - says the same thing. Trump didn't end DACA, the law did. That said, I worked and succeeded to give the congress another six months to do something. I am not confident,” he said.

Kelly previously served as secretary of Homeland Security, before taking the reins at the Trump White House. In his response to Gutierrez, he noted how he tried to get Congress to focus on DACA since the beginning of the Trump administration.

“During my time at DHS - from 20 Jan until this moment - I have met with hundreds of members on both sides of the hill … My [message] always was ‘I have bought you time to do something on DACA.’ I begged and pleaded with them. They did exactly nothing.”

Gutierrez’ office took exception at Kelly’s description.

“[S]o far we have seen no courage to fight for DREAMers from the President or his Chief of Staff. There is a clear majority in the House today to support measures to defend DACA recipients, but Republicans need to choose whether they want to let that happen or not. So far, the answer is not,” Gutiérrez spokesman Douglas Rivlin said.

He added, “Ending DACA amounts to surrender without a fight for the President and his Chief of Staff.”

John Kelly fires back at Democrat who called him 'disgrace to the uniform' | Fox News

John Kelly is awesome!

Old 09-11-2017, 01:18 PM

62,999 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

Wow, so now it's a white supremist thing to want our immigration laws respected and enforced? Where is Gutierrez getting that? Oh, that's right he wants Hispanics to take over our country and thinks that it's whites wanting the rule of law to prevail whom are stopping his Reconquista agenda. Poor baby. Have news for you Gutierrez, it's not only white Americans who don't like your agenda.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,868,581 times
luis gutierrez needs to hit the road.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:48 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,257,304 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies