Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2017, 08:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Democrats have to turn their backs on these old cronies and find people who actually have a passion for the working class American who they should be fighting for first and foremost. Welfare and refugees and all these other issues should always come last. They are not taking care of the people who pay the bills and they are losing.
This is a really good point.

Social programs should not be the foundation or catalyst for policy. They were meant to be safety nets not the core of the govt.

We need policies that will create better paying jobs. Jobs have been increasing for -- well it was 75 months in December and I think we have had a net gain each month -- so we have had some job growth for the last 83 months. BUT wages have not increased in years and years and years. CEO wages have skyrocketed but working and middle class -- not so much.

What will entice our CEO's to pay people more, instead of just pocketing the profits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 08:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
I do think that there was a 'my wife, girlfriend, sister, mother better not vote for HER." attitude. ...but I'm not saying that's what lost the election for her. i did hear those comments (I live in the south and more inclined to hear that kind of comment then one supporting Clinton).

Lots of women were thinking that their husbands better not vote for HIM too. I read those comments -- lol.

Sexism exists -- lol.

Any one of those things the key factor

Old 09-18-2017, 08:42 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

What will entice our CEO's to pay people more, instead of just pocketing the profits.

When the Stockholders tell them they will ACCPET less of a return on their investments, and a lower stock price. Typically, when that happens they FIRE the CEO, but hey, it's your money, and your 401K that will take the hit. The average gross margin (profit %) of an S&P 500 company is in the 8% - 10% range. that's it.

Here Are The Profit Margins For Every Sector In The S&P 500 - Business Insider

Old 09-18-2017, 08:44 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
Just another thing to add to her list rather than taking responsibility for her loss.
Hilary failing to take responsibility for her loss is far less disastrous for the country than Trump failing to take responsibility for his win.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:45 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
She needs to salvage what's left of her dignity and shut the hell up.
Too late.............

Like about 20 years too late.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewinsky_scandal

Old 09-18-2017, 08:48 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
This is a really good point.

Social programs should not be the foundation or catalyst for policy. They were meant to be safety nets not the core of the govt.

We need policies that will create better paying jobs. Jobs have been increasing for -- well it was 75 months in December and I think we have had a net gain each month -- so we have had some job growth for the last 83 months. BUT wages have not increased in years and years and years. CEO wages have skyrocketed but working and middle class -- not so much.

I would definitely go back to the Democrats if they get the right person and change their mission statement.

I'm for a fast track for citizenship for the "Dreamers" as long as they haven't any felonies unrelated to them trying to stay in America.

I'm pro-union.

I'm pro-nationalized health care.

I think I meet a lot of the criteria. But this sickening turn they've taken since Bill Clinton....I cannot abide it.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:48 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Too late.............

Like about 20 years too late.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewinsky_scandal
Yeah, Hillary's "Dignity Ship" has sailed. Off the end of the Flat Earth.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:05 AM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
I heard lots of comments from males about their women better not vote for her.

Sorry -- but there is some truth in it. OUCH.
Yeah but its impossible to know who your partner voted for, so I doubt it had any impact.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:23 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't believe you for one second. That is made up, total B.S. Again, if that were true, are women so weak minded they can't pull the lever they really want behind a CLOSED CURTAIN? Last time I checked, voting was anonymous.
I consider myself a conservative. My wife has always known who I was voting for, but I never told her who she was supposed to vote for. We always go together, and I've never asked her who she voted for on the car ride back home.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:34 AM

19,640 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I consider myself a conservative. My wife has always known who I was voting for, but I never told her who she was supposed to vote for. We always go together, and I've never asked her who she voted for on the car ride back home.
You must know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies