Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 06:14 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times

Advertisements

Seems like the Republican states lead the way with employment for the disabled community.

Would be nice if the federal government sued California for the state having such a low percentage of the disabled population employed. When 54 percent of the disabled community is employed in North Dakota compared to 34 percent in California their needs to be an investigation about rampant abuses of the ADA in California.

https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/...prodType=table

California should just do away with the American with Disabled Act since they are obviously denying opportunity to the disabled.

54 percent of disabled working in North Dakota and 51 percent working in South Dakota. Compared to just 34 percent in California.

Out of the top 10 states with the highest employment to population ratio, 9 are Republican strongholds.

Very sad to when I am in California to see disabled wallowing in isolation because of the Democrats anti-disabled policies.

Seems by the looks of their website North Dakota has extremely comprehensive services for disabled people who want to work.

https://www.nd.gov/dhs/services/disabilities/

California on the other hand only takes federal money for disabled workers and spends it on overpriced union employees who only work for lavish pensions and cadillac health care benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 06:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Seems like the Republican states lead the way with employment for the disabled community.

54 percent of disabled working in North Dakota and 51 percent working in South Dakota. Compared to just 34 percent in California.

Out of the top 10 states with the highest employment to population ratio, 9 are Republican strongholds.

Very sad to when I am in California to see disabled wallowing in isolation because of the Democrats anti-disabled policies.

Seems by the looks of their website North Dakota has extremely comprehensive services for disabled people who want to work.

https://www.nd.gov/dhs/services/disabilities/

California on the other hand only takes federal money for disabled workers and spends it on overpriced union employees who only work for lavish pensions and cadillac health care benefits.
something for you and your party to work towards. Good Luck -- I'll be looking for your efforts at correcting that.

Good to know your priorities are in the right place.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:18 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
What's with the Trumpists attacking California day after day? Seems they are intimidated by California so they make lame attempts to make California look bad.

You would think with the GOP controlling the WH, the senate and the house that the Trumpists wouldn't be so intimidated by one state.

Is this "California hating" coming from a right wing news site or from the Russian trolls? Are they being fed anti-California propaganda, which they then spread all around the web?

It's very odd and amusing at the same time.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:19 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
When there are probably something like 100 disabled people total in North Dakota, compared to something like 100,000 disabled people in California (probably more), I'm not sure you can conclude much.

There seems to be a mania around here lately of comparing California (or entities within) to ... North Dakota. Started by the same OP, I might add. Who continues to ignore replies to his/her own thread, undoubtedly because aforementioned replies point out how utterly ridiculous the comparisons are.

Maybe I should start my own similarly ridiculous thread, just to mock this one.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:21 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Are they really disabled or just collecting disability? There is a difference. The top five states on disability are red states with almost 10% of West Virginia, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky and Alabama topping the list.

http://apps.npr.org/unfit-for-work/

Old 09-18-2017, 06:23 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Is this "California hating" coming from a right wing news site or from the Russian trolls? Are they being fed anti-California propaganda, which they then spread all around the web?
I can't speak for others but I hate California because I hate almost everything that comes from the state.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:24 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,499,657 times
Comparing California to North Dakota is like comparing a jet airliner to a bicycle.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:33 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/...prodType=table

And out of the bottom 10 states with the lowest employment to population ratio, ~7 are republican strongholds with 2 "purple" states (Florida and NM). Only 1 - Rhode Island - is a solid blue state. Florida is a swing state, and NM is also borderline but maybe more of a blue state. So we'll call it 7.5 red states.

42 Florida
43 New Mexico
44 Arkansas
45 Louisiana
46 Tennessee
47 Kentucky
48 Rhode Island
49 Mississippi
50 Alabama
51 West Virginia

California, at #34, is ahead of 8 red states and ~4 purple states. Interesting how the OP decides to pick on California but not West Virginia or Alabama, both of which are much worse.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:34 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I can't speak for others but I hate California because I hate almost everything that comes from the state.
North Dakota is about church, community, family and morality.

Thanks to this moral compass that North Dakotans have it has the highest percentage of disabled going to their jobs so they are not isolated and in the community.

While North Dakota cares about the disabled, California cares for the public employee unions and celebrities.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:39 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,341 times
When you're in California you see disabled people wallowing in isolation? Huh? And where is this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies