Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 12:50 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,291,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Or, we could just permanently silence the Democrat parties loudmouths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Yeah, let the fat nut off the hook because his feelings got hurt. Typical Leftist response. "STOP, you are hurting his feelings!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Do libs still think it's funny and cute Kim called Trump a 'dotard'.
What does the left/libs/whatever have to do with this current situation? Last time I looked, there's a GOP POTUS, house & senate. And if you want to blame past administrations for the current situation, there have been Democratic and Republican president's with this regime in North Korea. The only reason IMO this is escalating so fast are the two verbal idiots in power of their respective countries. One of them is a brat child who volleys missiles around and the other is an old man who plays with Twitter like it's candy.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:54 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Neville Chamberlain was a conservative...sorta makes an oxymoron out of your castigating liberals, doesn't it?

No one considers Kim Jong Un as dangerous as you describe...it's the other infantile nutcase and his stupid tweets that's got the rest of the thinking world worried.

Only idiots think it would be that confined in the numbers of adversaries ultimately involved.
I think Kim Un is in fact very dangerous. Not for what he can do, but rather for the possibility he could drag other nations into a larger conflict.

Lets get real folks, the largest nuclear weapon demonstrated by Korea is tiny. Its not going to take out all of LA. Kill 100,000 people? Sure! But first it would have to launch successfully, evade multiple interceptions, re-enter the atmosphere (something they haven't done successfully with a ICBM) evade interception again, and successfully detonate. Odds arent high of that working. And if it did?

We would turn North Korea into a uninhabited wasteland.

North Korea is just going to talk trash.

Might they shoot down a bomber? Maybe. But then we have an excuse to blow up tons of their stuff. They know it, we know it.

People talking about how planes are "just blips", show a stunning amount of ignorance. I can tell you what planes are most likely civilian, their speed, location, and name within 100 miles of my location using $40 of equipment.....and my cell phone. (For those curious, a software defined radio (SDR), a antenna, and a filter connected to my smart phone-and all portable as its attached to my car). I'm sure Korea can manage to differentiate. Its why shooting down a airliner in the modern era is so stupid.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You didn't list a single thing worth talking about.

Look dude...if you want a war with North Korea, just say so. Quit goofing off and talking around it.

I don't care if you think it's not worth talking about, other do. You wanted the link, you got the link...you don't like the link so therefore, it's not worthy to talk about....

Who wants to go to war, this is about a leftist who said he loves kimmie, in his own words, and the left is going nuts saying,,nope he did not say that....

Maybe if you boy Clinton had not given nk all that dam money, we would not be in this situation...would we?[/quote]

You're one to talk.

Maybe if your BOY Bush hadn't screwed this country by invading two nations and failing miserably, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,868,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Neville Chamberlain was a conservative...sorta makes an oxymoron out of your castigating liberals, doesn't it?

No one considers Kim Jong Un as dangerous as you describe...it's the other infantile nutcase and his stupid tweets that's got the rest of the thinking world worried.

Only idiots think it would be that confined in the numbers of adversaries ultimately involved.
you have completely missed my point, so i will spoon feed you on this. neville chamberlain wanted to prevent another world war, and to prevent that he took a position of appeasement with hitler. i suspect that he overlooked the things that hitler was doing, and what hitler was saying, or he knew but hoped hitler would finally be appeased and war would be averted. what ever chamberlains thoughts were on this, he found out, as the world did, apeeasing someone like hitler does not work, it only emboldens them.

kim jong un is teh same way, in fact the entire kim family is that way. if you appease them, they are emboldened because you are accepting the things they are doing, and not slapping them down. this has been going on for so long now, that kim is feeling like the big kid on the block, and he can do what he wants, and get what he wants from the other kids by pushing them around.

at some point however he is going to **** off the bigger kids on the block and the are going to respond by slapping kim down, and that includes china. north korea has shot down an airliner before, and they are again threatening to do it again, only this time a US warplane. and if that warplane is in international airspace, that will be the act of war, and the US will very likely go in and give kim a hard spanking, and china will watch with glee on the sidelines.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:10 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,965,974 times
LOL. Hey North Korea, you will know it if the US declares war!

Old 09-25-2017, 01:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Twitter should ban Donald Trump's account. Doing so might just save millions of lives and possibly the planet.
Kelly should actually take his phone away. This is a guy who can start WWIII because he can't control himself and his stupid tweets. He's too immature to be allowed on social media without minders.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,480,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Kelly should actually take his phone away. This is a guy who can start WWIII because he can't control himself and his stupid tweets. He's too immature to be allowed on social media without minders.
Keep calm and MAGA

Old 09-25-2017, 01:21 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times
If I am not mistaken, China has already said that if N.K. throws the first shot then they will stay out of it. N.K knows that without China they are finished before it even starts. Kim is like that big mouth with a big friend to fight his fights. No big friend and the big mouth shuts up or gets his clock cleaned.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,480,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

This is why we elected Trump. Intelligent people like myself didn't want people like this -- people who believe social media and a tweet will cause world war III-- to put their choice of egghead in charge of our nukes and our country.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:22 PM

23,577 posts, read 17,249,899 times
the only real question is, does China consider a verbal assault by Trump, a declaration of war and justification for Kim to start bombing.

If Kim starts in, Iran will also begin firing nukes. Don't think Israel is not about to nail Iran if anything happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.