Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 07:04 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This is exactly why I could never support Trump and what I was worried about. It looks like we may end up in an unnecessary nuclear war because of this buffoon. I hope keeping 0.1% percent of the population from using the bathroom of their choice was worth this to you Trump supporters. We are screwed. The best case scenario is that we are able to shoot down anything they send our way and that China remains neutral, but we probably will still be looking at nuclear Armageddon in South Korea or Japan.

Worst case scenario is an extinction event.
The only way we will have a nuclear war is if Kim is a true madman and doesn't give a rip if his country is blown to bits in retaliation. There is no way that America would attack this country first despite all the tough talk. Trump is no buffoon. A buffoon would not have beaten several very polished and educated candidates to become president of the United States.

NK are masters at propaganda and saber rattling so that's all that is going on here. China has several self-interests in our country so I find it hard to believe that they would have no problem with NK blowing up an American city.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
Is this for real? The enemy of my enemy is my friend? Are leftist really siding with a ruthless dictator that hs his own family killed because he also insulted Trump? Please tell me this is actually happening!!! They hate putin but love kim jong un??
I don't know. You are the first person to mention such thing. It is for you to show it is the case.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:33 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't know. You are the first person to mention such thing. It is for you to show it is the case.
They believe it, so that makes it true, what more do they need, facts simply get in the way.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:11 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Yeah, we have to worry about the nutbag in NK's feelings. Leftists are embarrassing.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Trump's childish insults are putting our nation at national risk

Not really.

They do serve two purposes, though.

1) They give Kim additional openings to slap tRump with stinging insults that he's incapable of returning in kind.

2) Affirm his entertaining buffoonery.

Neither Kim nor tRump will ever be able to act on thier empty threats. Just sit back and enjoy the spectacle of two fat nancy-boys exchanging verbal fluffery.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:17 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
How can anyone really claim that Trump sounds like someone who wants to avoid war? His speech is more like that of one who is absolutely panting for it; the only words missing are a playground "double-dog dare ya."

I am not defending Kim. He is an evil man who treats his own people horribly. However, he is still a man, and I believe a bit of human psychology applies here.

If he is, as some have suggested, deeply paranoid, do we really want him in a position where he feels he has nothing to lose by striking first? I am not suggesting that we coddle him, but sometimes, when you have a wild animal backed into a corner, the only way to avoid getting bitten is to make sure it has a way to escape. I don't see Trump's current tone doing that, in any way. He just keeps advancing, pushing Kim further and further into that corner.

Furthermore, why make the rhetoric personal, and resort to name-calling? We are dealing with someone who comes from a culture that values saving face to a far higher level than is the usual here. Calling that man names is not going to accomplish anything, except to push him closer and closer toward drastic action to preserve his pride (much like Trump in that respect, is he.)

The only way I can see this ending well for us, for the people of North Korea, and for our allies in the region, is if Kim backs down. But for this to happen, we have to take a stance that makes this more, and not less, likely. Attempting to humiliate him, or pushing him to the point he believes war is inevitable, so why not just go ahead and make the first move? Tough and appealing to some, probably. Wise? Not so much.

Last edited by Catgirl64; 09-25-2017 at 08:28 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 08:25 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
But somehow kneeling at a football game is more a threat.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/911662018016481282
No, it isn't putting us at a national risk. Frankly, NK has been acting this way for some time. I believe what they want is a deal like Obama gave Iran. NK is a very poor country, about 1/2 of NK's population live in EXTREME poverty, speculated to be the highest poverty rate in the world.

We are more than capable of wiping NK off the face of the earth, which frankly, would probably be a humanitarian move considering the living conditions in that country.

If people would just do a little more research and get an understanding of things rather than being spoonfed by liberal media.................

For those unfamiliar with poverty in NK: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...s-poverty.html Average male life expectancy is 64, for a female, 66: http://www.statisticbrain.com/north-korea-statistics/ It isn't good and they want the US to fund their survival, so with threats hope to reap benefits like Iran.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:31 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
A certain leftist host did not say he loves "un"?

Yes, the left is itchy....the mirror...the left....
I have all my faculties and not living in cow webs of hallucinations. Like mr T, trumpettes don't know how to laugh or have humor.
Little Kim just said -we (mrT) declared war on them. That is not even funny- as if he does more that talk shyte- people will die! The right can keep feeding their neurosis to pick on the left like jr high punks, while we have some real issues and problems lurking ! Grow up !

Old 09-25-2017, 09:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
Is this for real? The enemy of my enemy is my friend? Are leftist really siding with a ruthless dictator that hs his own family killed because he also insulted Trump? Please tell me this is actually happening!!! They hate putin but love kim jong un??
Is this satire?

Old 09-25-2017, 10:37 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I don't prefer the do-nothing approach, but I don't think that this pissing match of insults is productive. Keep in mind that we're dealing with an unstable megalomaniacs here, and this kind of goading just pushes him to do more and more extreme things.

Then again, Trump is an unstable megalomaniac, so he can't help himself.

And therein lies the crux of the issue: two guys who are far too similar and whose recklessness will combine to make a volatile situation explosive.
Trump did not start this thing and this volatile situation did not get explosive because Trump made a speech. The 'North Korean bully on the block' is already detonating nuclear bombs, launching ICBM rockets over the airspace of other countries and threatening to launch nuclear missiles at the U.S.. (Iran is doing the same thing with Israel and the U.S.). As with all bullies, they are only doing what they think they can get away with, by leaders who have made it clear they will only talk and draw imaginary lines in the sand.

Trump has clearly warned No. Korea about what could happen if 'Rocketman' continues with his reckless, megalomaniac behavior ...Trump is now trying to build consensus with the rest of the world from a position of strength, not a position of weakness. If the U.S. doesn't warn him first, the world (and all of the weak-kneed U.S. snowflakes will cry and be outraged when/if the next step becomes necessary. This might include shooting down test missiles or even dropping MOAB bombs on NK's nuclear development facilities. (It's better this happen before NK develops an actual nuclear ICBM that can reach the U.S. --

We live in a dangerous world where rogue nations threaten the world with annihilation, have no apparent concern for the lives of their own citizens and are developing and threatening to unleash nuclear weapons into the world's atmosphere. These megalomaniac leaders, like the world's terrorist organizations, hide behind innocent citizens and do not respect the 'rule of law' or civil negotiations.

Should we only wait and talk while they develop the nuclear capabilities to actually deliver on their clear threats and are emboldened to attack by our perceived unwillingness to respond? Would other terrorists NOT unleash nuclear weapons or biological warfare on the U.S. if they had the ability? Will the dictators in Syria, N. Korea, Iran and elsewhere change if the U.S. continues to reward them financially and encourage them to embrace Western democracy? Should the U.S. simply abandon it's treaty obligations to the rest of the world, whenever it appears a 'bully' might actually carry-through on his threats?

This is a very difficult and different world than existed even as recently as WWII and I feel safer and am glad that we finally have a leader who is willing to stand-up and say "No!" to dictators and terrorists who only respect and respond to power and a threat to their own personal wealth and security. Continuing to only do 'the politically correct' thing will get us all killed and destroy the world.

Last edited by jghorton; 09-25-2017 at 11:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies