Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 08:03 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No diff than current POTUS who campaigned on " replacing Obamacare with something wonderful that will take care of everybody and the government is going to pay for it" .

It is now obvious to the most casual observer that Trump had/ has no plan.

Trump's "who knew healthcare was complicated" remark demonstrated his ignorance.
Well yeah, one (Obama) told big fat lies to pass a bill that is hurting millions and the other lied about a replacement plan that at least hasn't happened yet and will have issues as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 08:05 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well yeah, one (Obama) told big fat lies to pass a bill that is hurting millions and the other lied about a replacement plan that at least hasn't happened yet and will have issues as well.
I don't think people understand Obamacare fully. Its not meant to help people. Its true meaning is to collapse the healthcare system and bankrupt it. Obummers secret plan is to socialize the entire healthcare system and have government involvement be a norm ( WHICH IS A TOTAL DISASTER ). He knew it would collapse that the entire point of it.........

Old 09-28-2017, 08:09 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I don't think people understand Obamacare fully. Its not meant to help people. Its true meaning is to collapse the healthcare system and bankrupt it. Obummers secret plan is to socialize the entire healthcare system and have government involvement be a norm ( WHICH IS A TOTAL DISASTER ). He knew it would collapse that the entire point of it.........
I share your opinion about the purpose of Odummycare.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:14 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
OP trolled everyone. Never returned to comment.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
220%+ over the last 3ish years....in Alabama....

Report: Obamacare premiums increasing the most in Alabama | AL.com
The population of Alabama is about 4.9 million. Of this, 178,000 were enrolled on the Obamacare exchange in 2016. Of this, 90% were subsidized and do not feel the impact of premium increases. That leaves 18,000 people ( ,37%) out of a population of 4.9 million who make too much money to qualify for a subsidy. No telling how many of the 18,000 make $1 too much vs $ millions more than the threshold.

The average unsubsidized premium in Alabama is $575/ mo. The average premium subsidy is $ 301/mo to offset the cost of health insurance

Bright Star is joining the Alabama exchange in 2018. However, they will only sell insurance in the Birmingham metro area.

Healthcare insurance premiums are highly variable within each state, dependent on geography. Alabama has 13 Geo Rated areas, no different than before the ACA. Premiums within a Geo Rated area depend on many factors:

The number and types of claims made by the local population.

The ratio of healthcare providers: local population

The ratio hospital beds: local population

The number of health insurers selling insurance in the local area

The depth and breadth of insurer networks in the local area

It appears Bright Star determined the population in Birmingham metro was healthier and had more providers/ hospital beds: local population, than the rest of the state, thus their willingness to enter the Birmingham metro market.

Alabama ties for 2nd place in terms of the highest obesity rate in the US- 36% of the population.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:32 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Gee. Who would have imagined that after Trump campaigned on the promise " to replace Obamacare with something wonderful that would take care of everybody and the government is going to pay for it" had no plan to deliver? You mean another politician lied?

Nothing about the 4 replacement bills ensured premiums would be cheaper for anyone, let alone everyone.

Trump subsequently said " Who knew healthcare was so complicated?"
Do you understand that CONGRESS, not TRUMP, needs to craft the legislation to repeal and replace?

Trump can't sign a bill, if it's not first passed by Congress.

You do understand that, right?

Old 09-28-2017, 08:42 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Forced health care is here 4ever.
What happens when states with only one option left have that one option pull out next year as was stated by those insurance companies? Health insurers rake in big profits ... but not from Obamacare - Jun. 15, 2017

I live in a place with only one option to date. No choices, just one and you take whatever doctor takes it, which is very little. What do I do when they pull out? The insurance companies are for profit and are making their profits elsewhere now and don't care to participate in a marketplace. Health insurers rake in big profits ... but not from Obamacare - Jun. 15, 2017

So far over the past few years, my costs have gone up and my options have dwindled to literally one. It's about to leave. What should I do under Obamacare, just not have any insurance?

Seems Obama made a deal with the devil. I don't have any options, Congress has to do something soon or I'm out of options. Doesn't anyone see this as a problem?

Old 09-28-2017, 08:45 AM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
What happens when states with only one option left have that one option pull out next year as was stated by those insurance companies? Health insurers rake in big profits ... but not from Obamacare - Jun. 15, 2017

I live in a place with only one option to date. No choices, just one and you take whatever doctor takes it, which is very little. What do I do when they pull out? The insurance companies are for profit and are making their profits elsewhere now and don't care to participate in a marketplace. Health insurers rake in big profits ... but not from Obamacare - Jun. 15, 2017

So far over the past few years, my costs have gone up and my options have dwindled to literally one. It's about to leave. What should I do under Obamacare, just not have any insurance?

Seems Obama made a deal with the devil. I don't have any options, Congress has to do something soon or I'm out of options.
If states pull out that means more peeps pay fines and that was the whole reason for this mess as a way for the IRS to tax more peeps and make trillions. Healthcare will be dead but the fine lives.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Secret Plan? Hyperbole much?

Did Obama call you and disclose the big secret or do you believe everything you read on the Internet and/ or the political news entertainers say?

Old 09-28-2017, 08:51 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How about a choice?

People who want to be in a Single Payer system can sign up for it, and all the money for it comes exclusively from taxes paid by those enrolled in it while everyone else goes private and doesn't pay that tax. If you're private and don't have insurance, you pay out of pocket. Hospitals can sue you for the money if you don't pay.
That was exactly what was on the table -- Block Grants to States so that THEY could could design a system that works best for (and is approved) by the citizens in their own States. Single Payer would be one of the options they could go with it they liked.

Democrats wouldn't give it a single vote, it wasn't "pure" enough for Rand Paul and John McCain turned it down because the Democrats wouldn't have anything to do with it.

The "Political Elite" don't want us to have a choice -- the hold outs are choosing "implosion".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies