Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 11:10 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
That's what it used to mean.

Now, it is the only mainstream opposition to tyranny with any political clout, albeit with a distinct absence of balls. So, from a personal perspective, although I am not conservative, I really have no choice but to side with them on most all matters, because the alternative is having my individual liberty slowly taken from me, becoming a de facto slave funding parasitism, and listening to a bunch of bull**** about how racist I am.
You hit the nail on the head for me. I'm not a conservative either and I'm a minority but I can't vote because I want to make sure all people get what they want or so call deserve. I cant afford to do that. It's pretty simple, Trumps puts food on my table and liberals take it away and hand it over to what they think I should be doing with it.
I cant afford to be a liberal and cry about rights, my first right is to eat, and pay for my mandated healthcare and mandated car insurance.
Besides, America has no law that makes my life any less equal than anyone else. If more people traveled and spent some time around the world they'd come back to America and realize how ignorant people are about equal treatment. We have it pretty good here.

And last but not least, most of what the protests about don't have a solution. There is no solution for most of it. Screaming about it doesn't change chance and percentages. So, its a waste of time and money. At most peoples salaries that's just not something they can afford to do.

Hey liberals, you need to try and relate to the common American. We are a pretty large group of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 11:14 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The 1960s Civil Rights Act. A higher percentage of GOP voted to pass it than did Dems.
That was not the Republican party which exist today... Please clarify such things, when such comments are made.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:18 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
The free market and capitalism would be what comes to mind.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:20 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
That was not the Republican party which exist today... Please clarify such things, when such comments are made.

You cant just pick and choose what historical fact you want to matter now.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:21 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Democrats first introduced Jim Crow laws (separate but equal) that was almost worse for Africans than slavery was. They started the KKK and terrorized Africans.

Lately they have become much more clever and subtle, welfare, section 8 which guarantees a terrible home life for most Africans born in America by destroying their family units which does a better job of keeping them down than Jim Crow or the KKK ever did.

So yes, the battle continues. Demorats on one side, Republicans, the party of Lincoln on the other side.

Freedom for all. But along with that freedom equal expectations and opportunities for all.
LOL, those roles reversed decades ago with Nixon's Southern Strategy.

And its the Republicans who gutted the Voting Rights Act and have worked to suppress the black vote in many states. Our current Republican president is the one who has excited and energized the KKK and excused their behavior in Charlottesville.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:27 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
I hear so many excuses as to why conservatives are against this protest, against that one. Then I tried to think of what type of movement for racial equality would conservatives support. I couldn't come up with one. Why don't conservatives just admit they don't support racial equality? That all their excuses are just coverups for the fact that they don't want a fair criminal justice system or racial equality. Let's go through some real-life examples:

Athletes/Non-athletes
When NFL players kneeled during the national anthem, conservatives said athletes should just shut up and play.
--but--
When non-athletes protest like during marches in D.C. and New York, conservatives have a problem with that too.

Flag/Non-flag
When NFL players kneeled during the anthem, conservatives said it was disrespectful of veterans.
--but--
There have been plenty of racial equality protests that take place when the national anthem isn't being played and when the flag isn't being flown. Conservatives still don't support them.

Hollywood/Non-Hollywood
When actors make political speeches during award shows, conservatives say Hollywood needs to stay out of it.
--but--
When millions of people across the country who aren't actors make the same points, conservatives bash them.

Violent/Non-violent

When black people get into physical altercations or damage property after hearing verdicts of cops being found not guilty, conservatives bash them for being violent.
--but--
When black people make peaceful protests such as NBA players simply wearing t-shirts that say "I Can't Breathe", conservatives call the act inappropriate.

Rich/Middle-class
When Hollywood, athletes, or other rich liberals make pleas for criminal justice reform, conservatives say those people are out of touch with what America wants because they're rich.
--but--
99% of the starters and participants in protests and racial equality movements are middle-class or poor; conservatives put down these people.

So will conservatives admit that they're just faking when it comes to being pro-flag, anti-rich, anti-athlete, etc.? Will conservatives finally be honest and admit that they will be against ANY AND ALL calls for criminal justice reform and racial equality? Tell the truth, shame the devil.
Will you just admit that by "racial equality" what you want is a racial spoils system that favors minorities?

Will you just admit that by criminal justice reform you want to decriminalize behavior engaged in disproportionately by minorities?

It would probably facilitate discussion if you put your cards on the table in an open and honest way.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
I cannot think of one racial equality protest that conservatives supported.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:03 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Sothern democrats. Until the Civil Rights act was passed and then they became Republicans. You know this is the truth. Stop acting like it is not.

David Duke of the KKK was a democrat until the civil rights act and then got elected as a republican to congress.
In regard to Duke, any nutjob can get elected to Congress depending on where they reside and how many people even vote in state congressional elections. So yes Duke did manage to get elected in a state race as an (R), but he would have just as likely been elected in a (D) district in LA if that is where he lived at the time. He like many other unqualified fools are opportunists, and will move to (or in some cases flaunt the law and run is a district they do not live in to get elected). Needless to say when he ran for higher office, he was trounced, even by a southern state.
Regardless, DD is hardly representative of any normal people of either party.

This of course does not change the fact the KKK was started by Democrats, but nice try at a deflection. As to the parties "switching sides", or what (R's) have supported civil rights wise, maybe you might be enlightened by watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwqhoVIh65k

`

Old 10-01-2017, 12:24 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
If Republicans have to go back to the 60s to find a response, how do you justify your behavior (anti-racial equality, anti-criminal justice reform) since then? If you're proud to post what Republicans did in the 60s, are you ashamed of how you've acted/voted since then?
How do you justify calling special rights, equal rights? You don't want equal, you want more handouts and special treatment.

Funny you don't have a problem with this inequality
For Asian Americans, a changing landscape on college admissions - LA Times

Quote:
It uses the term “bonus” to describe how many extra SAT points an applicant's race is worth. She points to the first column.

African Americans received a “bonus” of 230 points, Lee says.

She points to the second column.

“Hispanics received a bonus of 185 points.”

The last column draws gasps.

Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.
Isn't it curious how liberals constantly demonstrate how they really think that some minorities are incapable of being treated equally.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:27 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Sothern democrats. Until the Civil Rights act was passed and then they became Republicans. You know this is the truth. Stop acting like it is not.

David Duke of the KKK was a democrat until the civil rights act and then got elected as a republican to congress.
Robert Byrd, until he died (and probably still voting), was a democrat and KKK recruiter that the democrats elected for decades. The KKK has always been the party of Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies