Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 12:21 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This witch is a hateful person, uncapable of holding this job. No more cushy job for her. They need some one with leadership abilities. She definitely attacked Trump with such hatred they should get rid of her. What a waste. She is NOT HELPING the situation for the people of PR.
I'm sure you never heard of her before this yet you judge her?

what if your child was murdered but 45 said it was a good day for you because you still have other children? comforting, no?

Old 09-30-2017, 12:22 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I am surprised he didn't actually use the word "lazy". I guess he figured the implication alone was enough for his base to follow along.
No worries. The term has been slung around this thread enough to make up for his omission.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:22 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The distance from US to PR is 1100 miles, so you are way off. If we had sent WASP class ships with helicopters when the storm struck, they would have been there a long time ago delivering medicine and fuel to hospitals.
Please, give us your in depth knowledge about what is needed to prepare a helicopter to be shipped over the sea? What has to be done to them once they get there..what the dimensions of the internal ship are....provide the L/W/H of the Chinook....I've asked you this once....still no answer....I Wnder why??

Again, where are those ships, what is/was their current situation. It's obvious you have no clue about the logistical side of the military.

Yep, I was way off....does not mean my other stats were incorrect...

Old 09-30-2017, 12:24 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
The people who answered yes to this question are either

A) Russian trolls
B) Heartless Americans who have never experienced any kind of adversity in their lifetimes
C) Stupid.

To save my own faith in humanity I am going to tell myself that all of them are Russian trolls. There is no way any American can be so heartless or stupid as to think Trumps tweets are okay.
I say all of the above

Old 09-30-2017, 12:26 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
CNN interviewed several of them yesterday. maybe you should watch REAL news.
So while being interviewed by Anderson Cooper, the mayor is wearing a t-shirt that reads "Help us, We are dying."

Where would she have gotten such a shirt? Are the T-shirt making shops up and running? Or maybe Anderson Cooper brought her the t-shirt and asked her to wear it, in order to politicize the news further?

Old 09-30-2017, 12:28 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
And that incompetent stupidity was what pushed the mayor of San Juan to make the statement that she made. The day before that an irate male mayor of an outlying village unloaded to reporters. Not a tweet from the great pumpkin over that. He chose to attack the female mayor of San Juan.

As I said, previously, American Airlines has shuttled supplies for over a week, from North Carolina companies. There are filters to make water potable. The incompetent federal "relief workers" need to get off their lazy butts & get out of the air cconditioning & get those filters. They need go start getting those filters into the hands of people who need water. If they expect those mayors from outlying villages to get to them, they can get to the villages. If they take filters to villages with creeks, they can take some fuel to them.
I beg to differ. She attacked Trump. Everyone ignores that FACT.
You seem smart. Do you actually think they were told to apply on line? I am in Fl. And we just had the eye of Irma go over us. No one was told to apply on line. That is stupid when there is no electric. They have to air drop supplies or get there by vehicle, wagon, bulldozers or horseback, atvs, boat, mules whatever.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It's not that simple. For example, do you think that the CARE hospital ship just stays parked, manned with a thousand doctors, nurses and support staff. No it doesn't. Do you think all the FEMA people are just sitting around ships and planes, loaded with supplies and can leave at a moments notice?

You are oversimplifying.
They don't need to sit around. Airplanes have been invented. If the WASP ships had been sent they would have been there long ago with helicopters and supplies for the hospitals.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:30 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
So while being interviewed by Anderson Cooper, the mayor is wearing a t-shirt that reads "Help us, We are dying."

Where would she have gotten such a shirt? Are the T-shirt making shops up and running? Or maybe Anderson Cooper brought her the t-shirt and asked her to wear it, in order to politicize the news further?
Do you understand that that type of t-shirt can be made by silkscreen? You need zero electricity to silkscreen.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:32 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:

And you are going to blame Anderson Cooper?

Are you kidding me?

The federal govt. botches the aide to Puerto Rico (as confirmed by the Three Star General) and you folks attack the mayor, the people, the media.

Seriously something is wrong here and it's not Anderson Cooper. -- lol.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:32 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:

This woman is a dolt. She is being used by CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies