Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 08:36 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Hey I'm just conveying information. If you don't like it, tough. The link to the joint study is already within this thread.

I mean, suppose you have an X-ray showing a fracture, swelling, difficulty in moving the joint, but no pain. Are you really going to choose it doesn't hurt so I'm fine, or every other indicator that says you have a broken ankle?

Where's your vaunted logic there Mr. Mellish? Or do you demand a mistrial?
Hey. I was simply echoing your comment with that quote that seemed to be something of the same sentiment...

You wrote, "When the pollsters are jointly studying their poll results, you gotta have significant doubt in their results accuracy."

Reminded me of Mr. Mellish's objections. At ease...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Florida.

It is a function of where democrats hold office. 28 out of 30 years in NY supports that theory as well as every inner city with a democrat in charge with killings on the rise.
Florida, like California, is a big state, where you can either be living in "in the sticks" where a bowling alley might be the most popular social gathering spot in town, or in a big city where people/women have unlimited entertainment choices, what to do with their time. There are parts of California as well, where guns are far more a source of entertainment and where you can find a gun range with a ladies night too. In other parts of California, finding a gun range is harder than finding unicorns...

Again your cause/effect logic and rationale is beyond taking seriously, and I won't waste more time explaining any of that, because the flaws are all too obvious. If you can't see that, the challenge here goes well beyond facts, statistics and proper reason.

Nevertheless, you are obviously not shy or reluctant to dish out still more of your notions along these lines, and I also don't really want to encourage you with any further wasted effort pointing out the truth of these matters, but just what "theory" is this exactly, bottom line? Democrats are the reason for gun violence, "killings on the rise?"

Are you by chance also one of these Trumps supporters who believes everything that smells good is because of Trump and anything that smells bad is thanks to "enemies of the state?" Simple as that?

And simple it is...

Last edited by LearnMe; 02-03-2018 at 09:36 AM..

Old 02-03-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Since the "high capacity" standard seems to be anything over ten rounds the M1A does qualify.
No time and not able to go another full round or two with all you add in this additional comment that contained the above excerpt. Quite frankly, you go well beyond my interest and focus with all the additional detail. "Too much information" as some like to say, but again I thank you for the time and effort that well demonstrates your knowledge of guns, and the civility continues to be refreshing as well. In the name of that "intelligent conversation" we both seem to prefer.

To back up just a bit, however, for starters, you pretty well pin your opinion on this high capacity "standard" where I was referring to highest capacity. My words exactly where with regard to weapons that "accurately shoot targets at longer range at greater volume when it comes to defending against an advance of 1,000 carrying .357s from a distance."

If that's the M1 Garand, great. I'll take 100 for my men. But is it?

A simple yes or no will do...

Old 02-03-2018, 10:21 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
No time and not able to go another full round or two with all you add in this additional comment that contained the above excerpt. Quite frankly, you go well beyond my interest and focus with all the additional detail. "Too much information" as some like to say, but again I thank you for the time and effort that well demonstrates your knowledge of guns, and the civility continues to be refreshing as well. In the name of that "intelligent conversation" we both seem to prefer.

To back up just a bit, however, for starters, you pretty well pin your opinion on this high capacity "standard" where I was referring to highest capacity. My words exactly where with regard to weapons that "accurately shoot targets at longer range at greater volume when it comes to defending against an advance of 1,000 carrying .357s from a distance."

If that's the M1 Garand, great. I'll take 100 for my men. But is it?

A simple yes or no will do...

Well...yes.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:43 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,699 times
Quote:
Florida, like California, is a big state, where you can either be living in "in the sticks" where a bowling alley might be the most popular social gathering spot in town, or in a big city where people/women have unlimited entertainment choices, what to do with their time. There are parts of California as well, where guns are far more a source of entertainment and where you can find a gun range with a ladies night too. In other parts of California, finding a gun range is harder than finding unicorns...
LOL I don't live in a rural area of Florida...

Quote:
Again your cause/effect logic and rationale is beyond taking seriously, and I won't waste more time explaining any of that, because the flaws are all too obvious. If you can't see that, the challenge here goes well beyond facts, statistics and proper reason.
Odd I post the stats, the facts, I have done it multiple times in multiple threads. You yourself even put the link up to the FBI UCR data... if you can't draw the connection... that's your ignorance...

Quote:
Nevertheless, you are obviously not shy or reluctant to dish out still more of your notions along these lines, and I also don't really want to encourage you with any further wasted effort pointing out the truth of these matters, but just what "theory" is this exactly, bottom line? Democrats are the reason for gun violence, "killings on the rise?"
Their policies to be specific. Insanity is performing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result...

Quote:
Are you by chance also one of these Trumps supporters who believes everything that smells good is because of Trump and anything that smells bad is thanks to "enemies of the state?" Simple as that?

And simple it is...
I'm a former NYer who has seen the ways of Schumer and Cuomo. See... at a younger age while everyone was worrying about chasing broads and who said what on MySpace or behind their back in the locker rooms, aside from putting bullies in their place I took an interest in politics. Naturally I am inquisitive and have a desire to learn how things work and improve them, hence why my hobbies revolve around anything and everything mechanical... (dirtbikes quads jetskis stock cars hot rods firearms boats)

I also am a fan of science. Legitimate science. Where theories are tested with expiramentation... not directed by Al Gore to fit a narrative.

So no I'm not your stereotypical toothless ruthless Trump supporter that puts a bible before anything else. I'm objective. 28 years of getting peed on and told it's rain isn't happening anymore.

I'm worse than your perceived "Trump Supporter" I'm what others like to refer to as Alt-Right because I do throw inept so called "Republicans" in the same camp as democrats. Only difference between them and democrats is possibly their outlook on the economy. In other words, they're cheap liberals.
Funny thing is... for being a millennial I do not fit the mold and am often confused for someone much older, it's happened in here before...

Possibly due to the fact I believe everyone is responsible for their own success and their own failures. I don't believe in using a crutch to excuse inept actions.
And I dont owe a blind allegiance to any particular person, ideology, place, or product.

Bash General Motors all you want for their cars. I'm right there with ya.
Bash Harley Davidson all you want I will join in despite having owned a Sportster and currently own a Wide Glide.
Bash Ford for their products, buddy I'm right there with ya.

Where I draw the line is I give credit where it's due. GM LS V8. Weak front ends in their older trucks but I'll take a sloppy steering system needing rebuilt for a few hundred bucks with a stout engine and rear diff over an over engineered 10 pounds worth of crap shoved in a 5 pound bag engine, that will cost thousands to repair and require special service tools out the wazoo to perform basic functions of repair with a stout front end and chassis...
I'll take a harley that drips oil, a product from a company which ignores a potential market to appeal to, and rely on pumping out geezer glides for 20 30k over a Honda Suzuki Yamaha simply for resale value and the nostalgia of an air cooled VTwin that I can tear apart and put back together again with basic tools.

So when I bash democrats, it should come off as you screwed up, here's why, here's how, and here's how to fix it. Choose to expect different results from the same old policy... That's on you. No different than when I used to be in contact with ford's engineering team and telling them exactly what I'm seeing fail, why, and exactly how to improve it to fall on deaf ears to be met with absolute resistance for it would make the bean counters open their pockets and make a few simple design changes in a flawed system, which resulted in a catastrophic failure of epic proportions.

I don't believe in curtailing rights, based on feeble emotion.
I don't believe in class warfare/race warfare that anyone is more special, more deserving, or special than the next simply due to age, skin color, gender, sexual orientation. We're Americans should all be on the same team... not pit against one another. Difference between myself and democrats. I really do not care how or where you choose to live. I dont. Democrats on the other hand want everyone on their plantation, reliant on them to solve their problems. That's their only claim to fame...

Cuomo made it public exactly where I and many others stood. And if he runs for office, and dares step foot in Florida plan on seeing this on billboards go up through out the state I will spare no expense to deligitimize and turn all of his failures against him. I keep tabs on his shenanigans. His latest tax funded programs. His economic blunders. His unconstitutional laws.

So if I had a legitimate party other than registering Republican in highschool, my party would be The Party of Chaos. Because I'm breaking the mold, holding everyone accountable for their flaws and failures and resistance to improving things. Which is why I wanted to see Trump run since I was in middleschool. He was always critical of governments flaws and failures. He is a businessman, not a refined politician that can make backroom deals a reality. Like him, I can't be bought, bargained with, or convinced unless you have legitimate evidence and fact, not emotion nor opinion. And like him, I believe the government can be streamlined, not cost billions to operate outside of the military, nor act above and beyond the law or constitution.

I said before, I'll say it again, government is not the end all be all to solve everyone's problems, I also told you, specifically, in this thread, if my kid gets mowed down at school I'm holding the school accountable and all you seditious heathens responsible for not allowing faculty to be armed to thwart the threat the moment it happened. You want to stand by a gun free utopian argument you want to stand by gun free zones when these incidents keep ocurring? And believe that nothing but curtailing rights of current and future generations to come is the solution?

No.
The solution and the devices exist. Only thing missing is a backbone and courage to protect the innocent. Contrary to popular belief you don't need uncle Sam and an increase in tax dollars to solve your every woe in life. Some effort on your behalf and a break from group think, will.

Who I hold accountable for most of society's down fall, are boomer hippies. Those degenerates became politicians educators public figures and caused a cancer to spread and evolve. Used to be a nation who's slogan was Land of the Free. Home of the brave.

Now it's Land of the entitled. Home of the feeble and offended.

Made my generation soft and weak, a generation of entitled feeble weaklings, lied to that a college degree will yeild a 6 or 7 figure salary upon graduation and they need to inherit a debt in the tune of 10s of thousands of dollars falling for used car salesman tactics, to then become reliant on the government to solve their problems and intervene in things the government has no right. (Yup. ACA.)

I didn't buy into the liberal ideology. 0 tollerance policy where everyone is a victim and you must go running to an adult in the room. I spent more time in suspension than I did the classroom for going upside a bullies head picking on kids who literally were defenseless. Kids who were very intelligent but were tormented for being different. 1 hand washed the other. They helped me where I struggled. I protected them, befriended them, hell even took them to parties up in the woods and to this day those "geeks" who were called f*a*g as their books were smacked out of their hands, or shoved into lockers or worse, today oversee my investments, are/were legal counsel, etc.

I didn't buy it in middleschool, I didn't buy it in highschool. I didn't buy it in college. And I am most certainly not buying it now. Nor will I ever.

I don't buy into any one individual being more special than the next.
Especially when democrats like to make everything about race. Discredit those who were successful on their own as "anecdotal" examples. Probably true, for it fits the theme, you need a democrats plantation to survive. Don't take a chance or risk that will lead you to a path of success... that's how the dems lose relevancy. Why would they want lower taxes and more jobs? They only know Robin Hood economics of robbing Peter to pay Paul while holding the door open to anyone willing to come here illegally and vote for them. It's interesting how the friends I have that aren't white are more successful than most of my white friends. So much for that white peivilege... then again that will get chalked up as anecdotal and Discredited.

I also get a rise out of the whole "Trump is a divider and not a unifier" rhetoric.
It proves 2 things.
1. Lemmings are reliant on an adult in the room to make something happen.
2. The president is responsible for the actions or lack of actions of others.

Kind of funny to claim he is divisive as your party chants Resist! Resist! Impeach! Impeach! Yeah that's not divisive at all what so ever. He sure is divisive alright...

Nothing would satisfy me more than to watch the left continue to eat it's own and dissolve into irrelevancy for good. And I hope it does. For the sake of the country and future generations. I do. The death of the Democrat Party will be the best thing that could ever happen. No more divisive identity politics. No more preaching that government is the answer to life's problems. No more you need an adult in the room to handle your life's problems. No more disregard for personal accountability or responsibility. No more blaming something or someone for your actions or lack there of...
I've admitted my faults, my defeats, I've learned from them and moved on, I didn't cry woe is me and hop on board the victim wagon. I screwed up. I learned from it. I moved on.
Democrats however... they're a different breed. They address a so called problem. With a problematic solution. Then perpetuate these problems at the expense of the tax payer...

Old 02-03-2018, 01:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,825,582 times
A knife attack every 4 minutes; 130,000 per year - but ministers still insist crime rates are falling | Daily Mail Online nice and peaceful there https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8098236.html

Old 02-03-2018, 07:21 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Your post is an outright lie. I have never suggested that the AR15 is "only" a bullet fire hose. I have agreed it has m any other uses. But it still is usable as a bullet hose. And that is the problem. And virtually all its other usages have other alternatives.

You can of course continue to obfuscate and duck. But it will remain that the really interesting use of the AR15 is to kill a lot of people quick. And if you need facts check out Paddock, Johnson and Mateen.
No. The M16 was designed for the individual soldier to sustain a firefight. The AR15 is a sporting rifle designed for many uses. By your logic, because a terrorist used a truck to mow down 80 people, trucks are designed as such.

Quote:
And yes you can kill a lot of people quick with as truck. So we are instslling bollasrds along the strip. Tell me how you install bollards against an AR15.
First I like to see you try to ban 50 million rifles out of the hands of those who stated "from my cold dead hands."

Quote:
And think about how bad Paddock could have been. Had he not panicked and shot himself he could likely have gotten another 100 people or more. He had the position and the resources...
Yet he's an outlier. You can't control outliers no matter what controls you have.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:22 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nonsense. What on earth do you think a bump stock does. It may auto fire slowly..but it auto fires.
No it doesn't by definition. In order to auto fire the firearm must be able to shoot more than one round per trigger pull.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
No it doesn't by definition. In order to auto fire the firearm must be able to shoot more than one round per trigger pull.
Actually you do not have to pull the trigger at all.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:47 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
No. The M16 was designed for the individual soldier to sustain a firefight. The AR15 is a sporting rifle designed for many uses. By your logic, because a terrorist used a truck to mow down 80 people, trucks are designed as such.

First I like to see you try to ban 50 million rifles out of the hands of those who stated "from my cold dead hands."

Yet he's an outlier. You can't control outliers no matter what controls you have.
Simply requires the broadening of the definition of automatic a bit.

And no I do not expect it to happen though it might in some states. If you actually wanted to limit homicides it would be semiautomatic handguns you would go after...or maybe all handguns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies