Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 09:58 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Gotta love how instead of teaching you can just toss out insults. Thanks for being a typical human.

You were taught....you failed to comprehend in the other thread....
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 09:59 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Ban all guns except revolvers, double barrel shotguns, and single shot rifles.

Repeal the second amendment if necessary.
So your OK if only criminals have semi auto hand guns, and rifles? Are you OK with government having complete control over you?

Old 10-03-2017, 10:00 AM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Ban all guns except revolvers, double barrel shotguns, and single shot rifles.

Repeal the second amendment if necessary.

Okay, I'll play your silly game. Where would you start ?

Keep in mind , we've had 12678 homicides across the country this year. 8674 were firearms related. Do you start with the law abiding ? Do you go door to door in the inner cities like Detroit or Chicago ?
Have you even paid attention where most of our violence stems from in this country ?

Just an odd little tidbit I'll add, 4520 people have died texting and driving this year. Interesting huh ?

Old 10-03-2017, 10:01 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times
Good morning gun grabbers...time for your first day of free firearm school, please read carefully so you will not repeat the same nonsense over and over again.....we should use this one as sticky to be read before letting the emotions run loose every time a nutjob decides to kill people....

1 - There is not such thing as an "assault rifle" in the civilian market.....assault weapons are fully automatic firearms, the civilian AK and AR are semi-auto firearms.

2- Pop Quiz.....which of these two you think is more lethal??

This evil looking black AR-15 rifle...

....or this cute Remington 742 30-06 rifle used by millions of granpas since the early 1950's to hunt deer, particularly popular in the midwest and upper east coast??

...did you say the AR?? Wrong!!!

3 - Semi auto rifles in the civilian market are nothing new...they have been around since the very beginning of the 1900s

Remington Mod 8 (1906)

4 - I can shoot almost as fast as a semi-auto rifle with these two type of rifles (mid 1800 technology), lever and pump.

5 - Building large capacity magazines is fairly basic.....all you need is to know how to cut and fold sheet metal and use an appropriate spring....definitely much easier than transforming a semi-auto rifle into a fully automatic one....heck building an AR Receiver is not that difficult....people have been machining AR receiver out of their garages......so you are not going to stop a determined whack hell bent on killing people.

6 - Hunting bullets are much more lethal than full metal jacked ones

7 - You can build a terrifying killing device with materials readily available off the shelves where no license of any kind is required (a backpack, metal cans, gunpowder and/or other chemicals, nails)

8 - Finally...can we get this right once and for all??

This is a clip

This is a magazine

Modern semi auto firearms do not use clips

Last edited by saturno_v; 10-03-2017 at 10:11 AM..

Old 10-03-2017, 10:04 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
I'm waiting (ruefully) for the SCOTUS to interpret "well-regulated militia" clause of the Second Amendment to mean....

"a non-governmental armed paramilitary organization with strong internal self-discipline, including those that preach the violent overthrow of the government or threaten the Constitutionally guaranteed civil liberties of part or all its citizens".

Old 10-03-2017, 10:05 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Gotta love how instead of teaching you can just toss out insults. Thanks for being a typical human.
Just goes to show your mindset. I'm a typical human and your a superior one then?
How about addressing the fact that you don't know what you are talking about. I think others have already tried to teach you, but maybe you are a slow learner and it needs to be repeated over and over.
Yeah funny how you just glossed right over that.
Thanks for being a typical self righteous arrogant human

Old 10-03-2017, 10:06 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So your OK if only criminals have semi auto hand guns, and rifles?
Yes, put them in jail for possession of these weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Are you OK with government having complete control over you?
government has a monopoly on force, that's how it works.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
And just what the hell is wrong with a law abiding gun collector having 40 guns??

Ahh...the Las Vegas shooter was a law abiding citizen who owned 40 guns. What went wrong with that?

Old 10-03-2017, 10:09 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Okay, I'll play your silly game. Where would you start ?

Keep in mind , we've had 12678 homicides across the country this year. 8674 were firearms related. Do you start with the law abiding ? Do you go door to door in the inner cities like Detroit or Chicago ?
Have you even paid attention where most of our violence stems from in this country ?
I'd make the aforemenioned weapons illegal, I'd give people 1 year to turn them in, and I'd treat anyone who didn't comply as a criminal.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:10 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
I'd make them illegal, I'd give people 1 year to turn them in, and I'd treat anyone who didn't comply as a criminal.
Andy Cuomo is that you?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies