Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 09:19 PM

21,464 posts, read 10,564,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I hope so. It seems like more and more are coming out and saying what they went through. I love what Tom Hanks had to say. He is one of the few in Hollywood that seems to be a good guy and be honest about how he felt about Harvey Weinstein.
I missed that. I love Tom Hanks. He just seems like a normal, down to earth guy who has managed to stay married to the same woman for years, raised some good kids, and everyone who ever works with him or met him has nice things to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 09:19 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I actually never thought of him but you may be right. I was thinking more of Meathead.
He was eliminated but idr why. It was awhile back. Some other eliminated names were Cruise, Hanks and Spielberg. Definitely not Charlie, he doesn't fit and he was too young to have been a kingpin like the clue stated. However, Charlie's presence on Lucas would give Martin easy access to the set.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I missed that. I love Tom Hanks. He just seems like a normal, down to earth guy who has managed to stay married to the same woman for years, raised some good kids, and everyone who ever works with him or met him has nice things to say.
Hanks is a good, decent, moral man, and I've never heard anyone speak bad of him as a person.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Oh for sure, cause it was REAL.
I wonder why he won't name anyone, his career is long over and 'they' have no control over him.
naaahh, this can never happen in Hollywood, those people are gods <sarcasm>

Old 10-13-2017, 09:34 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
The difference is that apparently everyone in Hollywood knew Weinstein was a serial rapist for decades.
And you don't think people knew Trump was a pig with women? Rich powerful men get away with all kinds of crap all the time. There's no point in trying to paint this as a political issue. Neither liberals nor conservatives can take the high moral ground here. There's plenty of scum to go around.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:35 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
After years of their smug arrogance and trashing on Conservatives, I am absolutely enjoying watching Hollywood implode. Karma is a b. Put that in your next acceptance speech, Meryl.

Also, finally Corey Feldman is redeemed after all the hate he took for speaking the truth about the perverts in Hollywood.

I can't stop laughing this year - so. much. goodness. #MAGA

Old 10-13-2017, 09:38 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
After years of their smug arrogance and trashing on Conservatives, I am absolutely enjoying watching Hollywood implode. Karma is a b. Put that in your next acceptance speech, Meryl.

Also, finally Corey Feldman is redeemed after all the hate he took for speaking the truth about the perverts in Hollywood.

I can't stop laughing this year - so. much. goodness. #MAGA
Laughing bc people are victimized by people you don't like? Sad!

Old 10-13-2017, 09:39 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
First off, I didn't vote for Trump. I am far from a supporter, I am just trying to apply some logic to this.

IF Trump actually did what he said, then yeah I agree, he's just as trash as Weinstein. However, Trump's situation is completely different, the women wasn't there to corroborate it. His comment came off like one of those where your buddy said some outlandish **** about what he did with/to a girl (who isn't present), and the whole time your thinking in the back of your head, "this dude is such full of ****". On the other hand, there is real tape with Weinstein and the women he harassed.
Many women have accused Trump of sexual misconduct
and have been vilified. Now all the people who called Trump accusers lying bimbos are giddy because Weinstein gave Democrats money. They clearly don't give a rat's ass about women who have been assaulted.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No names and specifics with the pedophile stuff after all these years. Not sure of its extent because of this. Children cannot consent of course so any proven claims of contact are wrong.

Even many, not all, of the accusations against Weinstein are simply him asking for consensual sexual favors. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that no matter what anyone says...as long as both parties are adults.

Of course any violation of the non-aggression principle is unacceptable so those specific accusations need to be examined separately.
He wasn't just asking them, he was showering while they were there, asking them to watch, asking them to massage him, coming out of the bathroom naked (that fat old thing - gross), etc. And he was not just some guy at a party, he was offering them film roles - he would be their boss. That is what makes it so wrong.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Laughing bc people are victimized by people you don't like? Sad!
Oh, look at that spin go. You know exactly what I meant. The arrogant pricks are getting theirs now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies