Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 05:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Pence said he wouldn't stay at an even that disrespects our troops, perhaps he should speak to his boss about his disrespect for our troops by keeping them involved in a 16 year old war no longer having any benefit to the US.
And poking the bear -- trying to get North Korea to retaliate by taunting Kim Yong Un.

Trump's first tweet this week to inform us Pence's trip to Denver was planned for a while.

So -- what does that mean. It doesn't give it any integrity.

Only a fool or Trump & Pence would have not known that there would be kneeling. They knew he would have to walk out.

That's lots of money for a stunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 05:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Liberals say it fails!

NFL fans are backing out of watching and we have seen a huge fans, burn their jerseys so who says it fails!

Let's wait and see how the sales of next season tickets will go!

Old 10-09-2017, 05:23 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
These guys could not care less about the average person out here in the heartland. It's all about playing to the base and shoring up their power. With this stunt, you really begin to understand Pence. His approach is different, but underneath the well groomed and quiet exterior he has the same neo-fascist agenda as his boss. In fact he is even more dangerous because he is more intelligent than Trump. The amazing thing is that there are many Americans dumb enough or brainwashed enough to think Pence and Trump are representing their best interests.
Actually, they do.

We passed the cool aid to you during the Clinton Administration. You know, the one who got his johnson waxed in the oval? Yah, that upstanding citizen and his bride. Yah know the one who tried to inflict punishment on the women he abused? Yah, that one. It's pretty muddy down there and their ilk have been to long shaming the rest of us into taking their bs.

We're done. Memo was issued 11/7/16. Perhaps you missed it.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Mike Pence's walkout at NFL game over kneeling protest branded a 'stunt' as Trump says he told him to

He told the media to wait on the plane since he would be right back. A completely transparent stunt conducted using taxpayer money to fly him there and provide security just s he could put on a little show before flying onward to a political fundraiser in California.

Fail.
Fail, in what way? As for wasting tax payers money, he was going to be on the west coast anyway, who cares if he made a stop? Let's talk about others who have wasted tax payers money; like it or not, most politicians are good at spending others money or maybe you think only the ones who have different views than you do this? Think again. as as the saying goes: suck it up, butter cup!!!!!

and reading your other posts it seems you have a really huge chip on your shoulder. it

Last edited by nmnita; 10-09-2017 at 05:34 AM..

Old 10-09-2017, 05:25 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Why can't someone oppose both white nationalists marching in Charlottesville and NFL players interjecting politics into their entertainment industry? I don't get the lack of logic that he should exclusively be in one position only.

That Zellieimani guy seems not too smart or preying on the not too smart.

Mike Pence condemns white nationalist violence in Charlottesville
I agree they are not mutually exclusive, but here's what I don't get:

How is it soooooo terribly wrong for NFL players to protest in support of all the flag stands for, for ALL CITIZENS, yet it's OK for the VP to walk out and stage a protest.

For the record, I think neither group was protesting the flag, our military, or the police, but if optics count, it looks more like Pence's protest was anti-American than the players, who were basically saying that all the flag stands for, it should stand for all.

Anyway, I have to chuckle at the hypocrisy, bashing players for using their platform to protest, because "they should do their job and shut up", but some are praising Pence for using the same venue, same situation to make a protest. I really think this administration is just too stupid to realize it.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
FOP protecting murdering cops in My city but the players are the problem! /S

Trump/Pence Is the most dividing administration since the 19th century. Surely not making America great.
that is your opinion, I happen to think Obama did a damn good job of dividing us, as well as wasting tax payers money..

Old 10-09-2017, 05:28 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
I am a vets wife and this stand up for flag and country and soldiers?? they are doing what my hubby died for-- as 100 % Americans, their freedom to protest in a peaceful manner-
causing more division mr VP? all are Americans - soldiers or not

Old 10-09-2017, 05:29 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Fail, in what way? As for wasting tax payers money, he was going to be on the west coast anyway, who cares if he made a stop?
Pence flew from Las Vegas, Nevada to Indianapolis, Indiana and then to Los Angeles, California. Look at a map; Indiana not a stop between Vegas and LA.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:32 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Liberals say it fails!

NFL fans are backing out of watching and we have seen a huge fans, burn their jerseys so who says it fails!

Let's wait and see how the sales of next season tickets will go!
All the games I saw had full stands. (I'm sure crappy teams who have not had winning seasons are different).

In contrast, let's look at NASCAR. The typical NASCAR fan IS the typical Trump Supporter. God, Religion and Guns. It's been that way for decades, and for the last few years they've been tearing down stands because they can't fill them. Even with less seats, you watch any NASCAR event on TV and there are wide swaths of empty sections. This has been going on for a while, but even Dale Earnhardt Jr, the poster-child for NASCAR is now speaking out against Trump's racist agenda.

So, despite your false rhetoric, NFL is building bigger stadiums and filling them. When you step outside your pool of thought, the majority of Americans seem to stand with the players, and resent the administration for bringing politics to the NFL. On the otherhand, the "sport" that has been the home of the red-state right is crumbling.

But keep on with your fake stats if it makes you feel better.....

Old 10-09-2017, 05:33 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
that is your opinion, I happen to think Obama did a damn good job of dividing us, as well as wasting tax payers money..
tell me- HOW did Obama split the country?? because he ran as a black man not a white man? because he is both - and he never sided with the black side?? only stance he took -was about the police brutality - tell me ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies