Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2017, 07:25 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Umm, a financial contract for their services doesn't mean they are slaves. They can leave and play somewhere else without being beat, killed or jailed.
Hey, you're good.

Now, explain why pro athletes would want to leave their jobs.

Maybe you think they should because tRump has persuaded you that he's more popular than football.

He isn't. But you're free to keep polishing his apples and swallowing his lies. You won't be jailed, beaten or killed as a result.

Quote:
Ya know, the same way any job works...quit now, quit tomorrow, quit any time you wish.
Nope. That's not how it goes when under contract.

What you apparently are ignorant of is breaking a contract involves (usually substantial) financial penalties.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 07:27 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Trump and Pence thrashed the unhinged left again.

#MAGA

Old 10-10-2017, 07:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
None of the anti Pence posters have. Pages & pages of liars or idiots. (who wouldn't know a tight end from a.......well dressed tight end.)

These clueless Jammy boy posters (who couldn't throw a freaking spiral if their life depended on it) actually think the former Gov. of Indiana planned this trip (initially) to observe the 49ers.

As it turned out, Pence got a twofer. He was able to congratulate Manning and (since he was there) used the visit to to also call out the disgustingly offensive.... idiot NFL weenie kneelers .
First off, I am not an idiot who don't know a tight-end is a flexible line player who can be am eligible reciever for passing plays. I do know football.

The problem is Trump's tweet. I show the exact words later in another quoted text. It is implied that Trump knew and wanted Pence to leave when a player knelt. I say when because I highly doubt the all the players wouldn't kneel. Especially when President Trump called the players "a son of a *****." Talk about forcing the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
but it is ok for the players to protest on the owners time and ticket holders time. It is either ok or not ok. As for those who call Pence a fraud, how about explaining instead of just using words?
I don't like it but there has been no owner who has truly stated the whole don't kneel or else besides innuendo of Jones (up until Monday.) All the owners kept mute and had to since it was pockets of players up until Trump called out the players and made it a bigger deal than it really was.

Pence is a fraud because he used tax payer funds for a political statement. Trump's tweet that you admit you didn't read is proof to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It was a pre-planned stunt orchestrated by the President. Hence his fraudulent intent.
Yep based on Trump's tweet it isn't a tin foil hat theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Because I am not so immature as top pay attention to anyone's tweets. maybe I should so I can see if what you are claiming is really the case. I have not heard this from anyone, including the press.
This sounds like a confirmation bias admission. Trump tweets often cause a new story or respond to a news story. This was the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
LMAO, so it is immature to pay attention to statements from the President of the United States?

Pence announced his departure from the Lucas Oil Stadium on Twitter. A White House statement followed, with a tweet from President Donald Trump which confirmed the walkout was not spontaneous.
“I asked @VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled, disrespecting our country,” Trump wrote. “I am proud of him and @SecondLady Karen.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-game-protests
Yeah, this is an issue that needs to be brought in front of Congress. I urge you to call your representative to impeach Pence.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
NFL ratings are down, if they stay down that means less profit.

Now NFL owners and the commissioner are talking about potentially requiring players to stand.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nfl-own...hem-1507653315

Too early to label the push back a failure?
If they do I'll boycott for giving way for a tyrant who threw the players under the bus and called them "A son of a *****" on Twitter.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:01 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
If the owners (their employers) allow it, then that's where it ends. Protests are OK, when they aren't wasting taxpayer money.
The owners are starting to back off and want to oppose the "on the job" protests as it is hurting their TV ratings - which hurts the TV $$$$ that they can demand.

The owners are really between a rock and a hard place. They don't want to alienate their players who want to protest on the job, but they also don't want to alienate millions of fans who are upset by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
This isn't a difficult concept to grasp why Pence's stunt and the players continued kneeling are vastly different.
Don't politicians protest on the job all the time?

Democrats shut down the congress building not long ago. Obama would fly to a key location for a speech to advocate an issue, etc...

Perhaps he shouldn't have wasted the money and time on the trip, but he apparently made an effective form of free speech by leaving the game early that has brought more pressure down on the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If they do I'll boycott for giving way for a tyrant who threw the players under the bus and called them "A son of a *****" on Twitter.
That is your right to boycott the NFL if they do force the protesting during the anthem to come to an end.

Just as it is other people's right to protest their anthem protests.

Ultimately, I bet the NFL bigwigs wish that Kaepernick protested at a time other than the national anthem.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The owners are starting to back off and want to oppose the "on the job" protests as it is hurting their TV ratings - which hurts the TV $$$$ that they can demand.

The owners are really between a rock and a hard place. They don't want to alienate their players who want to protest on the job, but they also don't want to alienate millions of fans who are upset by it.

Don't politicians protest on the job all the time?

Democrats shut down the congress building not long ago. Obama would fly to a key location for a speech to advocate an issue, etc...

Perhaps he shouldn't have wasted the money and time on the trip, but he apparently made an effective form of free speech by leaving the game early that has brought more pressure down on the NFL.

That is your right to boycott the NFL if they do force the protesting during the anthem to come to an end.

Just as it is other people's right to protest their anthem protests.

Ultimately, I bet the NFL bigwigs wish that Kaepernick protested at a time other than the national anthem.
The issue is Kaep and his protest wasn't as major until Trump made it a problem by calling the players "a son of a *****" if they knelt. Now the NFL is going to give in only because of thin-skinned Trumpsters and not defending the players? I guess protect the shield is protect the profit, not the players. I hope they walk out and strike.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:40 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Trump and Pence thrashed the unhinged left again.

#MAGA
What??

Old 10-10-2017, 10:09 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
What??
You don't get that Trump won. Too funny.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:15 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You don't get that Trump won. Too funny.
Pssst, you are babbling, again.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:27 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Two things.

1. Bothe teams came in at 0 and 4. Who wanted to watched that game anyways?
2. Does anyone think Pence is a football fan? The guy is casper the ghost. He cant be alone with a woman in public. How could he ever be in a locker room with half dressed males? Methinks Pence is not an NFL fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies