Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do conservatives want from their opposition
"Political Re-education" 9 37.50%
Lose their voting rights permanently 4 16.67%
Be imprisoned 2 8.33%
Be deported to a country of the conservatives' choosing 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 10:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I didn't go to your last point, but I want you to explain how big government steps on individual rights, and how we have "slavery"; I'll wait......
LMAO I just did explain. How in the world did you not understand that slavery is a big government law and it steps on the rights of the individual?

Granted you don't get how Jim Crow and the Civil Rights Act are the same as far as how it's enforced so I don't expect you to understand much.

Look up what a right is. That's a good place to start. I'll wait......

Old 10-10-2017, 10:02 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LMAO I just did explain. How in the world did you not understand that slavery is a big government law and it steps on the rights of the individual?

Granted you don't get how Jim Crow and the Civil Rights Act are the same as far as how it's enforced so I don't expect you to understand much.

Look up what a right is. That's a good place to start. I'll wait......
I'm not going to dignify this tripe with a response, equating the CRA and Jim Crow is a disingenuous canard

Anyways, I have to be up in less than 7 hours, so I will resume this in the morning.....

Old 10-10-2017, 10:04 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
I'm not going to dignify this tripe with a response, equating the CRA and Jim Crow is a disingenuous canard

Anyways, I have to be up in less than 7 hours, so I will resume this in the morning.....
Don't forget to google "what is right". Remember he told you to sttat there. Lol with that.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:07 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Because yet again, you refuse to discuss policy. It's laughable that you continue to do it.

Again, it's how it's enforced so I don't expect you to understand much. Government has no say so in how a private business runs itself when no ones rights have been violated. You don't have a right to anothers work. Not that you care about rights. Government shouldn't force a business to serve someone and it shouldn't force a business to not serve someone.

Quote:
Maybe with rest you'll be coherrent.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:17 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yes, you are correct.

So I'm talking about authoritarians (statists) vs. Non-authoritarians (non-statists).

I have no interest in bullying another group. Democrats are "suffering" now but the shoe will be on the other foot sooner or later. Always works out that way. And then it will be the Republicans as the "suffering" group.

We learned this in the 1983 movie War Games.

Well some of us anyway. I still have hope for you folks...just like Matthew Broderick had hope for the computer "Joshua". Hope before you folks kill us all.

The only winning move is not to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmG...w&pbjreload=10

Got an android app that found a way to win!

Just sayin'....

Old 10-10-2017, 10:23 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,994 times
Wow, this poll does a great job of representing every possible position that any conservative might have!

Old 10-10-2017, 10:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
1.) Don't even try to think for me.
2.) Don't worry more about me and what I do, than about you yourself and what you do.
3.) Don't steal from me
4.) Don't threaten me. Especially if I catch you trying to steal from me.
5.) Don't harm me, my family or my property.
6.) Don't punish me for defending myself, my family and my property, with lethal force.
7.) Don't Murder me, or my family because I will not be oppressed.

That is what I expect from everyone, without picking sides.

Other than that, we are good until you break one of the 7 rules.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:38 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
I'm not going to dignify this tripe with a response, equating the CRA and Jim Crow is a disingenuous canard.
Jim Crow laws were a sop to a trend (sometimes known as the "redneck revolt") who had suffered heavy losses via all measures during the Civil War and were desperate for someone to look down upon; a very ugly "remedy" but possible only under the egalitarian delusion that when there's not enough bread to go around, the "remedy" is to ration bread (or legal rights) rather than to produce more of it.

The Civil Rights laws were the writing of this wrong, made possible only by the passage of time because the pouring of new salt into old wounds would have served only to retard the healing process; a case of apples and oranges.

Not easily understood by a young audience who thinks of "long-term" as a year from now -- but that's the fault of a society based upon immediate gratification, and little more.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 10-10-2017 at 11:07 PM..

Old 10-10-2017, 11:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Got an android app that found a way to win!

Just sayin'....
Ha!

Oh boy, there goes my 35-year-old movie reference.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:36 PM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
Quote:
I really wonder, so have created a poll...
Yes, a poll that shows your lack of understanding of conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies