Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 11:38 AM

27,668 posts, read 16,160,831 times

Advertisements

Cant say I blame them, but I suspect a lot of folks will not be happy.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/petr...contracts.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 12:37 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,786,139 times
I've posted about this before. The problem with the yaun is that the Chinese don't expose their economy 100% to the free market. There is state control over most of it. As a result it leaves investors and markets open to manipulation which might not be discovered till it too late. What is emboldening the Chinese to make this move is that the USA elected a complete moron and his pumpkin patch gang to run the country. That creates instability and markets hate instability. So they may see China as a less risky place than the USA.
Cue the Cult to foam about global elites and blah blah blah. Right up to the point where it costs $200 to fill up their F-250.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I've posted about this before. The problem with the yaun is that the Chinese don't expose their economy 100% to the free market. There is state control over most of it. As a result it leaves investors and markets open to manipulation which might not be discovered till it too late. What is emboldening the Chinese to make this move is that the USA elected a complete moron and his pumpkin patch gang to run the country. That creates instability and markets hate instability. So they may see China as a less risky place than the USA.
Cue the Cult to foam about global elites and blah blah blah. Right up to the point where it costs $200 to fill up their F-250.
This all started well before Trump was elected. I've posted about the ball starting to roll for years now. It's going to happen sooner or later.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...the-u-s-dollar

Old 10-25-2017, 12:53 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,753,831 times
Quote:
I've posted about this before. The problem with the yaun is that the Chinese don't expose their economy 100% to the free market. There is state control over most of it. As a result it leaves investors and markets open to manipulation which might not be discovered till it too late.
Agreed.

No currency can be totally 'trusted' to be free from manipulation, but the U.S. dollar is about the closest thing the world has.

The yuan is about the furthest thing the world has. Their currency laws are extremely rigid and authoritarian and rarely involve markets.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Agreed.

No currency can be totally 'trusted' to be free from manipulation, but the U.S. dollar is about the closest thing the world has.
Quantitative Easing, artificial interest rates, etc are nothing but a manipulation of the dollar.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Quantitative Easing, artificial interest rates, etc are nothing but a manipulation of the dollar.
Yes, pknopp, I'm aware of that. I could've sworn I said "No currency is free from manipulation"

Old 10-25-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Yes, pknopp, I'm aware of that. I could've sworn I said "No currency is free from manipulation"
You said the dollar was the closest thing to a non manipulated currency there is. It's not even close. If anything, it's almost as bad as China with China saying "How can you condemn us with as much manipulating as you do"?

Old 10-25-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
You said the dollar was the closest thing to a non manipulated currency there is.
And it is.

Quote:
It's not even close.
None of them are close. The dollar is the closest. The dollar is closer than the yuan. This is how superlatives work.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:20 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,786,139 times
Quote:
It's more than just the dollar and monetary policies. It's also about if I get into business with this company are the earnings honest. Is the market valuation correct. Do their products go to.market and compete, or are they being manipulated behind the scenes.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
It's more than just the dollar and monetary policies. It's also about if I get into business with this company are the earnings honest. Is the market valuation correct. Do their products go to.market and compete, or are they being manipulated behind the scenes.
As we know, our large firms play fast and loose with market valuations. Why have people not been paying attention?

If not.....we now have it all documented in a movie.

The Big Short (2015) - IMDb

Yes, it's a movie but pretty spot on.

We live in an era of fraud in America. Not just in banking, but in government, education, religion, food, even baseball... What bothers me ins't that fraud is not nice. Or that fraud is mean. For fifteen thousand years, fraud and short sighted thinking have never, ever worked. Not once. Eventually you get caught, things go south. When the hell did we forget all that? I thought we were better than this, I really did.

It is going to go south. China and other countries are going to do this. I do not blame them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies