Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 01:40 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,487,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What possible difference could that make? Did he tell the widow that others were listening in on the call from his end? If I got a call from a president and the parents of my deceased husband was with me when the call came, I'd put it on speaker phone and I very well might not remember to mention it when I did.
Quite a bit of difference between parents and a Congresswoman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 01:40 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,688,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Fact remains, a Congresswoman listening in to a private call from a US President should have made her presence known.
yeah, he didn't want any witnesses!

Old 10-20-2017, 01:41 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,250,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Lol, I literally just heard that Fox started trying to discredit her.

Right on time, comrade BB.

Trump sucks, and he’s a failure. Trump’s failed leadership got 4 soldiers killed. No amount of smear will change that.
So Trump organized or allowed an ambush against our men out in the hinterlands of Niger?

The Left in this country has completely lost it's collective mind.

UNREAL.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:44 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,688,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The fact remains that conference call etiquette dictates that people listening to the call are identified.
etiquette is not a word in 45s vocabulary.

his own lack of manners is well documented.

what goes around comes around. 45 has slung enough **** to be buried in it.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:46 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,487,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
etiquette is not a word in 45s vocabulary.

his own lack of manners is well documented.

what goes around comes around. 45 has slung enough **** to be buried in it.
You will not find an etiquette book that says you should be ill mannered because anyone else is.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:47 PM

53,390 posts, read 35,111,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
If 45 truly supported the military, he would have requested that flags be lowered to half staff the DAY AFTER he was informed of their deaths.

Did he do so?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, by that standard, Obama should have lowered the flag about 2500 days of his 2920 days in office, yes?

Did he do it, no. Did Obama acknowledge all 2500 deaths, did he call all 2500 parents/spouses?

can't wait to hear the answer to this one

Old 10-20-2017, 01:49 PM

15,087 posts, read 13,494,587 times
Default Uh oh... Video apparently exonerates Rep. Frederica Wilson and catches Kelly LYING

Frederica Wilson 2015 video shows John Kelly got it wrong - Sun Sentinel

9 minute video attached. She does claim credit for helping to get legislation through quickly to name the building after the fallen FBI agents. She also spends significant time praising law enforcement, including asking members to stand for applause, as well as offering remarks in remembrance and praise of the two FBI agents. You listen to the whole thing and you won't come away with a perception that she is showboating.

Kelly said everyone was stunned about how she spent most of the speech bragging about "getting the funding" for the building. None of that is heard in here.

Look, I'm not a Rep. Wilson supporter, I don't know what happened with Trump's call to the widow, and I think her comment about "empty barrel" being "racist" is ridiculous. But this is what it looks like to be CAUGHT IN A LIE.

Maybe other videos will come out showing another story, in which case I will apologize and recant. But that's on Trump and his ilk to substantiate.

And, lest we forget, we wouldn't be having any of this schoolyard nonsense if Trump had shut his damn mouth instead of showboating about how he calls all the Gold Star families and lying about what Obama and past Presidents did. But shutting his mouth and not making it all about him is anathema to a guy like Trump.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:53 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,275,055 times
Saw this earlier, it does make Kelly seem to be a bit of a liar. For a man of integrity, it makes me think he's no better than the rest of them. Did he sell out?

Old 10-20-2017, 01:56 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,512,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What possible difference could that make? Did he tell the widow that others were listening in on the call from his end? If I got a call from a president and the parents of my deceased husband was with me when the call came, I'd put it on speaker phone and I very well might not remember to mention it when I did.
I don't know, I would just like to know the facts.

I have been with people (at work or in a car) that would have to volume so loud that even though they have the phone against their own ear you could hear the conversation.

I am sure that there were other family members in the car at the time, it wouldn't surprise me if she put it on speakerphone so that the entire family could hear the condolences, which would certainly be appropriate in their time of sorrow. I am sure it wouldn't have surprised Mr Trump either, that's how it goes.

If the president wasn't such a poor communicator, we wouldn't be discussing this right now. Everyone, including the congressperson, would have expected a nice call and that would be that, and if it was nicely done this would just not be worth a news cycle.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:58 PM

19,930 posts, read 12,226,209 times
Wilson's vote history.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-...s#.WepUrtEpCf2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies