Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 02:18 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The first sounds like an endorsement.
The second was every bit as stupid as I expected.
don't expect anything but stupidity from the daily kossack, and you'll never be disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 02:18 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So you think the grieving widow on the way to pick up her husband's remains should have acted like a secretary and announced the particulars of the call.

"The president is calling in. Can everyone please identify themselves?"

Or the Congresswoman should have shouted into the phone from the back seat, "I'm here too, Mr. President!"

Get real.
Did I say anything of the sort?

Usually, the primary receiver of the call does do as you suggested. Of course, no one would expect a grief stricken widow to have the presence of mind to do that especially as she is very young and may not have work experience that would have taught her that protocol.

The Congresswoman should have prompted her to tell the President she was there or alternatively she could have asked the military person to let the WH Staff making the call know she was there. What in the world is so hard for you to understand about this?

Old 10-20-2017, 02:23 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
lmao.. why am I not surprised by this.

and why is she wearing that hat?

Old 10-20-2017, 02:23 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M3qIv7a_0c

It is really hard to watch, especially when he cried. starting 6:37

Old 10-20-2017, 02:25 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I just heard the recording the widow just released and nothing but heartfelt and pleasant from our President. Such dirty, low class tricks from these subhuman democrats.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:25 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,244 times
Yes, they really are going to focus on her appearance because instead of dealing with the fact that both Trump and Kelly lied on her. It really is quite sad and pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So you all are overlooking the fact that he actually did lie on her about the funding she supposedly got and about her speech in 2015 because you don't like the way she dresses?

I think its sad Kelly stooped to a Trump level in his remarks about her. It is sad that our government leaders are being so immature as well.

But he lied on her in regards to the funding and he is just being an instigator "spreading mess" like my grandmother would have said.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:26 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
You mean the same way Trump did not announce who was on the call, or does that only apply when you want it too..
Well, there is that.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:29 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Well, there is that.

You can high five your buddies here all you want. Nothing changed the fact that Trump did not try to insult the family, he tried to do the right thing.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:30 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
This is NOT about the etiquette of a congresswoman.

This is about Trump using Kelly's pain to cover his mess. This is about Kelly selling his honor to protect Trump. this is about Kelly's feigned reaction to a phone call and his disgusting unsupportable attempts to smear Wilson.

Kelly should never have taken to the podium to save Trump, but having done so he should have stuck to talking about his own experience. had he done that the public would be fine and would likely forgive his using his own son's death as a political football.

It is worth stating again. We are having this conversation because Trump does not want the public talking about his gross incompetence that directly led to the deaths of 4 Americans in Niger.
Bingo.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:33 PM

487 posts, read 545,299 times
I just heard her on the radio saying she was going to tell her kids she was a "rock star" because of all of the attention on her. She was gloating. I cannot help feel that she used this family to push her own agenda.

I never heard the expression "empty barrels" but knew what General Kelly was trying to say. This is not a racist comment. This is a typical example of making a situation racism that has nothing to be with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies