Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 11:24 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,865,466 times

Advertisements

https://www.thedailybeast.com/youtub...ing-him-a-nazi

Lane Davis was a prolific poster on the Donald Trump subreddit, a former intern for Milo, and an editor for a prominent GamerGater’s conspiracy site. Then, one day, he snapped...and killed his father.

We all need to remember the dangers of extremism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 11:33 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Sad. Honestly his description reminds me of people posting post anonymously and with their real names online.

People get too wrapped up into conspiracy theories, hate, and division and get consumed by these thoughts. So sorry for his family and their loss.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:56 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
You people are trying to provoke a political argument over an obviously mentally ill man who killed his father and you call him an extremist?

Old 10-25-2017, 11:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
It's like a sickness.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:35 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Once again bad parenting. The guy was thirty three years old, dropout, living at home angry on the computer all day, the bleeding heart rich boomer parents didn't take it seriously. I just don't understand why parents don't set a boundary as my generations parents did for us. We had to be doing something, school or work/or both if we were living at home, as well as contributing with house work and helping with bills. It wasn't an option to do nothing.

The mother on the phone even denied he had a mental problem! Sounds like Adam Lanza's mother. Good thing this guy didn't go off and shoot up some liberal school in Seattle, he was out of control and parents supported him. And his father was a lawyer...

Old 10-25-2017, 01:04 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
To act as if this isn't part and parcel of the "fake news" BreitBart and Drudge and all that stuff - is plain silly.

The guy was an adult. Whether he lived at home or not, he was a danger to society because human beings are not set up to process the junk being fed to them by Fox, Bannon, Trump and all the others.

There are literally MILLION of Americans who could be called "out of control". In my extended family and friends I'd say there are about 10 of them. So, given that, we should expect a lot more "active shooters"?......

This stuff simply didn't happen to this degree before REAL fake news (Drudge, etc.) hit the internet. I guess when one of your own family or friends are murdered you might get the idea. This is why Germany and other countries censor certain things - because ZERO good comes of it.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:43 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
https://www.thedailybeast.com/youtub...ing-him-a-nazi

Lane Davis was a prolific poster on the Donald Trump subreddit, a former intern for Milo, and an editor for a prominent GamerGater’s conspiracy site. Then, one day, he snapped...and killed his father.

We all need to remember the dangers of extremism.
Nothing to do with extremism. Everything to do with mental health.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:48 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
To act as if this isn't part and parcel of the "fake news" BreitBart and Drudge and all that stuff - is plain silly.

The guy was an adult. Whether he lived at home or not, he was a danger to society because human beings are not set up to process the junk being fed to them by Fox, Bannon, Trump and all the others.

There are literally MILLION of Americans who could be called "out of control". In my extended family and friends I'd say there are about 10 of them. So, given that, we should expect a lot more "active shooters"?......

This stuff simply didn't happen to this degree before REAL fake news (Drudge, etc.) hit the internet. I guess when one of your own family or friends are murdered you might get the idea. This is why Germany and other countries censor certain things - because ZERO good comes of it.
Only children need to be raised and pampered by government from cradle to grave. They have a defective thought process and because of their ignorance they come to horrible conclusions.

Why don't we elect a central authority to censor news that you think is detrimental to our well being. That way everyone can be a mindless bot. Because making decisions for yourself is bad, right?

Old 10-25-2017, 03:49 PM

526 posts, read 386,556 times
This means everything every Liberal has ever said about Trump is true.

What a loss.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:02 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Maybe if the grown man was kicked out of daddy's house he would have been concentrating on working so he could eat and wouldn't have time for raging on the internet all day. Let's not enable the weirdos in the family, it emboldens them.

No we don't need censorship regardless of the angry creeps. You only want to censor right wing fake news anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies