Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 09:17 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
you are getting this from a fake news outlet, i would claim that trump is still in the 60% category
You would probably claim that there are white dressed winged angels waiting above the clouds to receive Trumpies should they expire.

There is NO basis for a 60% number - and there has been no time since Day one when he passed even 50%.

This is a major problem with America. We "claim" and "believe" stuff which is simply not true. Remember, Trump didn't even get 50% of the vote! Your claim makes believe that he has gotten more and more popular when ANY breakdown shows the opposite.

Even Murdoch (Fox and WSJ are reporting the numbers)
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-...ice-1509282048
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 09:19 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
More liberal wet dreams soon to be thrown on the trash heap of history. Then cue the inevitable temper tantrums.
From their constant whining and bellyaching about President Trump, they're presenting as people who don't have a life and need to at least find one hobby to occupy their time.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:24 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The election is over ...
There is always another election around the corner. Approx 1 year from now the mid-term elections will occur. The House and Senate will take action/inaction based on the upcoming election. They want to win re-election and they are afraid to do anything that might cause them to lose votes.

That's why the GOP's "tax cut for billionaires" disguised as "tax reform" will likely fail and likely won't even get an actual vote in the House or Senate.

Those in the GOP that are up for reelection are afraid to cast their vote to increase the Debt/Deficit in order to give tax cuts to billionaires. This could sink their campaign. And it likely will. They ran on being fiscally conservative and voting to INCREASE the Debt/Deficit will haunt them. And they know it.

Their number#1 goal right now is to focus on the next election and to keep crazy Trump from attacking them any more. This is no small feat.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:35 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
There is always another election around the corner. Approx 1 year from now, the mid-term elections will occur. The House and Senate will take action/inaction based on the upcoming election. They want to win re-election and they are afraid to do anything that might cause them to lose votes.

That's why the GOP's "tax cut for billionaires" disguised as "tax reform" will likely fail and likely won't even survive an actual vote in the house or senate. Those in the GOP that are up for reelection are afraid to cast their vote to increase the debt/deficit in order to give tax cuts to billionaires. This could sink their campaign. And it likely will. They ran on being fiscally conservative and voting to INCREASE the Debt/Deficit will haunt them. And they know it.

Their number#1 goal right now is to focus on the next election and to keep crazy Trump from attacking them any more. This is no small feat.
Any R up for reelection who votes for a bill that increases the Deficit/Debt has a tough row to hoe.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:37 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
I have lost faith in elections - 2 out of the last three were "fixed" in some untoward way and the SCOTUS thing just adds to that.

In some ways I agree with Trumpies in that we need a full blown revolution of some sort in this country. The big problem is they picked the complete opposite of the type of person who might care about that - or accomplish it.

I am a Perot and Nader voter, BTW - so I always wanted to drain the swamp. But Trump...he's the King of the Swamp Things.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
These are some sad numbers!
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ew-nbc-n815321

Even the "uneducated" who he loves can only garner 51% (non-college whites)....

I wonder what it will sink to when the arrest(s) happen on monday?

Well, at least Trump "won" something - the least popular POTUS in modern history from Day One.
Now you KNOW that Trumplings only believe polls that are favorable to the Orange Buffoon.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:44 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
These are some sad numbers!
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ew-nbc-n815321

Even the "uneducated" who he loves can only garner 51% (non-college whites)....

I wonder what it will sink to when the arrest(s) happen on monday?

Well, at least Trump "won" something - the least popular POTUS in modern history from Day One.
While Dems see the presidency as a popularity contest, or most of them do, those that voted for Trump saw it as something else, a way to return the government to the people, to put Americans First.

Trust me when I tell you that Trump's non-college whites are not "uneducated", which if you read the threads by the Dems/Libs/Trump haters, you would have already realized.

Oh, Trump is getting arrested tomorrow? Thanks for the laugh!

"Least popular POTUS" from Day One, you mean before he even got started? How silly does that really sound. Again, he this was not a popularity contest, although I can see how someone might think that since Hillary did lose and let's face it, she is as popular as diaper rash!

Old 10-29-2017, 09:48 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
you are getting this from a fake news outlet, i would claim that trump is still in the 60% category
"...Thirty-eight percent of voters approve of the job Trump is doing in a new Fox News poll, down from 42 percent last month. At the same time, disapproval is up 4 points to a high of 57 percent. That includes 49 percent who “strongly” disapprove...."

Fox News Poll: Storms erode Trump's ratings | Fox News

Old 10-29-2017, 09:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
The Independents that I know IRL - are deeply regretting their vote for Trump. They hoped that he would rise to the occasion but as they can see - he simply is incapable of governing.

They despise his twitter meltdowns and counted on him to keep his promise of 'being more presidential'.

I would say - his teenage bleating on twitter is their number one reason for regret. It undermines all the words he reads off the teleprompter and his twitter war with NK is also a concern.

I don't know that any of that means they would have voted for Hillary but I wouldn't count on them in the next election were I Donnie.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:49 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:

Are you confusing this with the continued Republican support? His approval rating is still high with the Republicans.

Ever wonder why credible news sources are constantly attacked for being fake? Control the media, control the rubes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies