Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 06:53 AM

304 posts, read 160,992 times

Advertisements

I was raised catholic...one of the big jokes is about the sacrament of penance. All you have to do is say you are sorry (technically you have to be truly remorseful) then do a good deed or say 5 hail mary's or some other combination of prayers then you are absolved of your sins....So in other words I could kill, rape, steal, feel guilt tell a priest say 5 hail mary's then I get to go to heaven...Now I'm not religious but when did Hail Mary turn into Hail Hillary? Why does Trump and the GOP think invoking her name is the equivalent to 5 hail Mary's?

I get it Hillary is crooked, shady, unethical and probably pulled a very large number of illegal stunts...and truthfully those are her defining characteristics...why she has never been prosecuted you have to take up with law enforcement or the GOP that controls the house and senate and can open up investigations...like the 8 with benghazi and the several about her e-mails and whitewater none of which led to an arrest but whatever.

I understand Trump's attitude is he has "zero control" over the justice department and I fully expect the Trump supporters to parrot the talking point of the DOJ and FBI is stonewalling him but if he can't encourage his own appointed Attorney General (who is so far up Trumps rear end his head is partially digested) to push for investigations and indictments or anything then Trump us the most powerless and dare i say useless president in history.

NOw I have drawn 2 logical conclusions.

1) the GOP and Trump need the Hillary boogeyman...or is it boogey-woman? Lets say they arrest Hillary and she is acquitted..well by way of the constitution double jeopardy is attached and then she is untouchable and people will be livid because all the crying in the world can't "Lock her up". Or they arrest her and she is convicted...then what?? yay take a victory lap but do you think in a 2018, or 2020 even that will bring you over the finish line? NO wall, isis still on run (and attacked in the us), no healthcare reform, n korea is worse than ever, (waiting on tax reform to pan out) or and Team trump members have been indicted or plead guilty to their own illegal behavior but hey at least Hillary is in jail...it will only give the GOP a temporary bump (very low and VERY temporary) but keeping her in the news is a good distraction...a conviction or acquittal makes her go away

2) Ok I'll bite, Lets' say Hillary is guilty, shes a traitor does that mean Manafort is innocent? Papadopolous and his guilty plea magically changes to innocent? Hey why stop there..lets test Trump's theory of shooting someone in the middle of fifth ave then film himself with a live boy and a dead girl while burning the flag...all he has to do is say Hillary Clinton and he is absolved. Obviously for that last part I am intentionally being dramatic but my point remains the same. I'm sure most of us when we were kids heard "two wrongs don't make a right" In other words Hillary could literally travel back in time kill Lincoln, usurp Hitler, hell usurp pontious pilot and literally nail Jesus to the cross and it would still make manafort under indictment and leave the door open for Trump to be investigated for shady dealings with Russia.

As I have said before if Trump's and the GOP plan for 2018 and 2020 is to say "crooked Hillary" "Lock her up" and in a sense of irony the soviet tactic of Whataboutism its not going to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 07:19 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,468,464 times
lmao....Also, Trump doesn't absolve HRC, DNC, Comey, Obama, Lynch, Holder or Mueller either. They have some serious explaining to do.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:24 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,901,497 times
Anyone with one ounce of intelligence KNOWS what all this Hillary stuff is. It is simply a way to divert attention away from the investigations. Pure and simple.

Trump and Trumpees are constantly doing it. Trump screws up, and then he does something so outlandish that the first screw up is forgotten. But it isn't going to fly this time, Mueller isn't on our forum and doesn't give a damn about any diversions. He is seeking the truth.

Now, if there becomes an issue that we need to look at with Hillary, fine, but that is a totally separate, unrelated matter, but we will not let it muddy the water of what we really need to be looking at right now. Trump is in the WH, and Hillary is simply a citizen, whose actions affect us in no way whatsoever. Trump, on the other hand DOES affect our daily lives, so we need to make sure he is clean.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,978,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao....Also, Trump doesn't absolve HRC, DNC, Comey, Obama, Lynch, Holder or Mueller either. They have some serious explaining to do.
Good. Some of want our Government purged of the Swamp Creatures, it is just that some only want specific Swamp Creatures hunted down, only those Swamp creatures from the other side of the swamp, so that their swamp creatures can have the entire swamp to themselves.
DRAIN THE SWAMP, All of it.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:26 AM

304 posts, read 160,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Never said they did dude...its just funny yo me that once Mueller was named special prosecutor and Comey wouldn't pledge his undying loyalty to Trump the magically were involved in shady business from 7 years ago

Old 11-03-2017, 07:27 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,607,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Anyone with one ounce of intelligence KNOWS what all this Hillary stuff is. It is simply a way to divert attention away from the investigations. Pure and simple.

Trump and Trumpees are constantly doing it. Trump screws up, and then he does something so outlandish that the first screw up is forgotten. But it isn't going to fly this time, Mueller isn't on our forum and doesn't give a damn about any diversions. He is seeking the truth.

Now, if there becomes an issue that we need to look at with Hillary, fine, but that is a totally separate, unrelated matter, and we will not let it muddy the water of what we really need to be looking at right now. Trump is in the WH, and Hillary is simply a citizen, whose actions affect us in no way whatsoever. Trump, on the other hand DOES affect our daily lives, so we need to make sure he is clean.
A way to divert attention? It’s her own party that’s ousting her!

Old 11-03-2017, 07:28 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post

1) the GOP and Trump need the Hillary boogeyman...or is it boogey-woman?

As I have said before if Trump's and the GOP plan for 2018 and 2020 is to say "crooked Hillary" "Lock her up" and in a sense of irony the soviet tactic of Whataboutism its not going to work.
It was the Democrats that made Hillary Clinton their candidate. Don't blame the GOP for that.

Big big fail in logic with that one.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:28 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,987,339 times
Her own party is throwing her under the bus. Nobody absolves anybody. Cant both be wrong?

Old 11-03-2017, 07:29 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,901,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
A way to divert attention? It’s her own party that’s ousting her!
Yes, they may have some input, but it is Trumpees who are heralding this as some gift from the Gods. Two separate matters, one can not cloud the other.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:31 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yes, they may have some input, but it is Trumpees who are heralding this as some gift from the Gods. Two separate matters, one can not cloud the other.
We didn't nominate her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies